USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orange

Appeals rejected and rafferty out, we have little chance of putting it up to monaghan! Nd hear mcquillan of cavan to ref it, joke, why bother! This stinks as much as derrytresk v dromid few years ago, kick the nordy team nd make sure you weakn them that so much they cant compete!
How the cavan keeper, no6 and no11 got away is beyond a farce! Really think jamie should consider suing the Gaa for failing to protect players welfare ie ref stood back and let a row happen, took no action while he was targetted, and punched and kicked in the head! Then sue that yellow wee whore dunne! Show the whole GAA up to be the biased pricks that they are!
Monaghan are a very good team and with full panel to pick from we could have competed, dont think we'd have beaten,  but throw in suspensions, injuries and that clown mcquillan it could be embarrassing!
What would GAA think if armagh played with 15 men inside their own 50 and made it the worst game of football in history, that would impress the Sky viewers, nd hit their pockets!!

Maguire01

Quote from: orange on June 21, 2014, 08:09:48 AM
Appeals rejected and rafferty out, we have little chance of putting it up to monaghan! Nd hear mcquillan of cavan to ref it, joke, why bother! This stinks as much as derrytresk v dromid few years ago, kick the nordy team nd make sure you weakn them that so much they cant compete!
Seriously, throwing in the towel already?! McQuillan is, in my opinion, one of the betters refs around, and - putting aside the integrity of the man for a moment - the idea that a Cavan ref will want to give Monaghan team a handy route to an Ulster final is laughable.

Also, the 'nordy' chip is just a bit cringe-worthy.

Throw ball

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 21, 2014, 10:03:57 AM
Seriously, throwing in the towel already?! McQuillan is, in my opinion, one of the betters refs around, and - putting aside the integrity of the man for a moment - the idea that a Cavan ref will want to give Monaghan team a handy route to an Ulster final is laughable.

Undoubtedly many Armagh supporters do seem to have a chip on their shoulder about this. I like many were at the match and in real time we saw Armagh players standing in line for a parade. The Cavan team on mass then rushed the line. We then see our main player targeted by 3 Cavan players for special treatment. When things settled the parade started and when it broke up the same Armagh player got targeted again by 2 Cavan players. Armagh then get accused of targeting Cavan's star player when he had in fact injured himself targeting Armagh's star player. When the suspensions are announced Armagh get the worst punishment. This does not seem to be justice. In fact in the case of one of the Armagh players suspended video evidence shows him trying to break up the brawl. There will be those who say Armagh started it by standing behind the wrong flag. That is a pathetic excuse and in any case they did not break any rules. Living in a state were for years we were treated as second class citizens we can read a bias into things that may not exist. This may be such a case, but maybe not.

As for McQuillan. I feel that as he has got older his standard of refereeing has declined. I have absolutely no doubt that he will try to be fair in his job. I do, however, feel that he is always very harsh on Jamie. I do not know why.

The GAA I believe will lose out financially on the suspension decisions as many Armagh supporters will now stay away and watch on TV as any chance Armagh had of winning has been seriously diminished. I hope I am wrong and they still come out to support their team.

As for the match. It is reported that Armagh will not appeal further so they can concentrate on the game. That means they will be missing 2 of their best defenders. Toner was also exceptional in midfield against Cavan. If the reports that Caolan Rafferty, our main link player, is also out injured are true we are in severe trouble. We will give Monaghan a game but it is a big ask.

JP

We have Harold and Kernan who are adequate replacements for Toner and Donaghy. Andy Mallon will be very hard to replace but I'm sure Micky Murray or someone else will feel up for it.

Caolan Rafferty is impossible to replace. If he is out it is a huge blow. Would imagine Tony Kernan will come in for him but he is a different type of player. It ruins our gameplan of hugging the touchline to get around the blanket defense.

Maguire01

Quote from: Throw ball on June 21, 2014, 02:12:41 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 21, 2014, 10:03:57 AM

Undoubtedly many Armagh supporters do seem to have a chip on their shoulder about this. I like many were at the match and in real time we saw Armagh players standing in line for a parade. The Cavan team on mass then rushed the line. We then see our main player targeted by 3 Cavan players for special treatment. When things settled the parade started and when it broke up the same Armagh player got targeted again by 2 Cavan players. Armagh then get accused of targeting Cavan's star player when he had in fact injured himself targeting Armagh's star player. When the suspensions are announced Armagh get the worst punishment. This does not seem to be justice. In fact in the case of one of the Armagh players suspended video evidence shows him trying to break up the brawl. There will be those who say Armagh started it by standing behind the wrong flag. That is a pathetic excuse and in any case they did not break any rules. Living in a state were for years we were treated as second class citizens we can read a bias into things that may not exist. This may be such a case, but maybe not.

As for McQuillan. I feel that as he has got older his standard of refereeing has declined. I have absolutely no doubt that he will try to be fair in his job. I do, however, feel that he is always very harsh on Jamie. I do not know why.

The GAA I believe will lose out financially on the suspension decisions as many Armagh supporters will now stay away and watch on TV as any chance Armagh had of winning has been seriously diminished. I hope I am wrong and they still come out to support their team.

As for the match. It is reported that Armagh will not appeal further so they can concentrate on the game. That means they will be missing 2 of their best defenders. Toner was also exceptional in midfield against Cavan. If the reports that Caolan Rafferty, our main link player, is also out injured are true we are in severe trouble. We will give Monaghan a game but it is a big ask.
Well they'll only be watching it on TV if they're subscribed to Sky.

armaghniac

Perhaps the entire thrust of the dodgy approach to discipline here is to get more people to subscribe to Sky.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Throw ball

Enough about suspensions etc.. Time to talk about the football. Does anyone thing Armagh have a chance? Big game for a number of young players. My heart says Armagh , my head says Monaghan by 5.

Zip Code

Has that w**ker Paddy Heaney apologised yet for the comments about that yellow wee shite Dunne being targeted.  I have stopped buying the Irish News with that type of gutter journalism.

Zip Code

Does anyone know if there is any disabled parking in Clones?

tommysmith

Quote from: Zip Code on June 21, 2014, 07:25:51 PM
Has that w**ker Paddy Heaney apologised yet for the comments about that yellow wee shite Dunne being targeted.  I have stopped buying the Irish News with that type of gutter journalism.

Big fellow you are , you wouldn't say it to his face he'd knock the shite outta ya  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maguire01

Quote from: Zip Code on June 22, 2014, 08:22:42 AM
Does anyone know if there is any disabled parking in Clones?
I think you can get a pass for behind the Gerry Arthur's Stand but you have to arrange it in advance - give the Ulster Council a buzz tomorrow, probably your best bet.

rrhf

illdecide

Quote from: rrhf on June 22, 2014, 10:21:27 AM
Armagh getting excuses in early.

Possibly...but there is no doubt that Armagh people feel very hard done by over this Cavan game and their suspensions and I have to agree with them, how the hell them lads were picked out from a 30 man shoving session is beyond me but they managed it none the less. I have no doubt that any supporter of their county team would feel the same if it was their players and team getting punished they way Armagh have!!! That all aside I have no problem with Joe refeering our game nor have I a problem with any ref, yes I agree in one or two games JC had to work harder than most to win a free from Joe but maybe that could be us with orange tinted glasses on...I dunno.

The injury to C Rafferty is a blow but these things happen in contact sport and we just have to get on with it, one mans loss is another's opportunity (in our case 4...lol). Anyway it will still be15 against 15 and we have a chance alright, one thing I've learnt over the years is not to write Armagh off and this whole episode can really galvanise us for this game and hope Monaghan think they're already in an Ulster final, anyway I'll still be at the game no matter what and Sky can feck off with their coverage. If any Monaghan lads want a pint before but preferably after the game...mines a Guinness (don't normally take a beer before a game)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on June 22, 2014, 11:07:51 AM
Quote from: rrhf on June 22, 2014, 10:21:27 AM
Armagh getting excuses in early.
anyway I'll still be at the game no matter what and Sky can feck off with their coverage. If any Monaghan lads want a pint before but preferably after the game...mines a Guinness (don't normally take a beer before a game)
There's a few mixed message there illdecide,
normally you wouldn't drink before a game but this time you will?
You're inviting Monaghan lads to join you before and after the game but you want them to buy you the pints?

yellowcard

Quote from: Throw ball on June 21, 2014, 06:10:08 PM
Enough about suspensions etc.. Time to talk about the football. Does anyone thing Armagh have a chance? Big game for a number of young players. My heart says Armagh , my head says Monaghan by 5.

Can't see it myself. Monaghan are physically stronger and play a hard tackling defensive game with some good individual players like Wylie, Hughes*2, Walsh and McManus. I think they are a top 6 team at present. The feel good factor Armagh had after the Cavan match has been dismissed after the unfair suspensions doled out by the GAA in order to pander to the moral highgrounders in the media. Monaghan by 8.