Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Monaghan could have won by more. Tyrone fans etc will blame Kinsella which is their entitlement / opinion.

But if tuth be told, this was a game Monaghan could and should have won by more. Tyrone lacked invention upfront. How good are Monaghan ?. Hard to say as Tyrone got to within a point of them and should have snatched a draw.

Well done to Monaghan. Donegal won't be ridiculously short priced favourites on 20.7.14. Monaghan are on the march !.

Kidder81

sam03/05

Monaghan were marginally the better side, was not that impressed with them either. Tyrone kicked about 8 wides in 1st half alone and about 3/4 into keepers hands.

dont think they will really trouble Donegal that much.

barelegs

Tyrone can have no complaints, if they'd nabbed a draw at the end, they certainly wouldn't have deserved it.

The one damning indictment of Tyrone so far this year is that they've now played 15 matches and we still don't know our best team- or anything close to it. I can't understand how some players lasted 70 minutes.

inroundthesquare

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on June 15, 2014, 03:53:01 PM
Morgan can do all the poncing training videos he wants but its on match day that it matters ................................

My exact words coming out of Clones. No stones when it mattered. Same in Ballybofey last year.

orangeman

Quote from: inroundthesquare on June 15, 2014, 06:06:35 PM
Morgan can do all the poncing training videos he wants but its on match day that it matters ................................

My exact words coming out of Clones. No stones when it mattered. Same in Ballybofey last year.

Extremely harsh. It was a tight angle.

skeog

does anyone know the faith healer conor mc manus went to in donegal be some q at his door next week i would say

tyroneboi

Quote from: Throw ball on June 15, 2014, 05:41:54 PM
Well said Clarshack.

Although disappointed Joe McMahon would be better not commenting on the referee. They may meet again.

Just seen his tweet - your right he would be better keeping shut instead of looking like a bad loser!

Maybe Harte should have a look at his team and tactics for a start . . .

tyroneman

Ach a very disappointing day in Clones..... my t'uppence worth on the match..

1. Well done Monaghan. Better team on the day. Could have won by more.

2. Tyrone for all the bad they were still should have drawn this game - based purely on the final free. They would not have deserved it though.

3. Why Sean didn't take the free I'm not sure - Morgan took around 4-5 goes at the same angle of kick on the 45 line in the warm up - and missed each one, wide right.

4. Two min injury time was a joke. At least 4 Mon players required treatment in the second half for over 2 minutes each time.

5. Amazingly they all got up and played on despite going down like they were felled by a bus (I will caveat that by saying Tyrone would, and have in the past, done exactly the same to take the sting out of games ).

6. Most of the black cards looked like black cards (I'm assuming McCurry gave lip to the ref?)

7. Tyrone had no game plan.  At all.

8. High looping ball  / high bouncing ball into the FF line works if you have Murphy, O'Gara or AN other big bruising  full forward up there. It doesn't work for small forwards.

8. Only Colm and Mattie D played anywhwere near the required standard today. Sean and Justy were average enough, but got better in last 15.

9. The rest....... if you can't say anything nice....

Club Rossa

Spot on tyroneman,would agree with that.
Best of luck to Monaghan,I hope they retain their title.They will have to play better to do so but I believe they will improve as they go on.

rodney trotter

Quote from: skeog on June 15, 2014, 06:12:43 PM
does anyone know the faith healer conor mc manus went to in donegal be some q at his door next week i would say

Think he was at a few places, went to Sean Boylan in Dunboyne too

T Fearon

Heard Boylesports have offered to pay for Mickey Harte's Anger Management therapy

Mikhailov

Quote from: orangeman on June 15, 2014, 06:10:29 PM

Balls.. It wasn't a tight angle and if it was then he shouldn't have been let near it. McAliskey was the man for that free. Morgan should stick to nets or his career will implode

Schkite

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 15, 2014, 07:17:27 PM

Balls.. It wasn't a tight angle and if it was then he shouldn't have been let near it. McAliskey was the man for that free. Morgan should stick to nets or his career will implode

Did McAliskey not score a free from a very similar position just before? Makes it all the more bizarre.

Main Street

Quote from: Schkite on June 15, 2014, 07:21:44 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on June 15, 2014, 07:17:27 PM

Did McAliskey not score a free from a very similar position just before? Makes it all the more bizarre.
Schkite I wouldn't get involved, it's just the sound of the empty vessels rattling with their hindsight enhanced wisdom.