Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: timmyot501 on June 12, 2014, 11:41:50 PM
If there is a half each in clerkin and Lennon then midfield might do alright. Defence only had the one question mark and Duffy gets the nod over Ryan Wylie. Need a big game from hughes at ff if McManus really doesn't start
Hughes' normal game should be enough.
I'd only be worried if he was under par.

Fuzzman

Who's the Ref.
Will his be booing Morgan from the start?
Interesting what Jordan wrote in the GL about 2010

ONeill

Yep.

Monaghan have never been blessed with footballing ability or brains. That's why no AIs.

But they eat a lot and train. That can be dangerous.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on June 12, 2014, 11:50:51 PM
Seems like a logical team apart from Grugan. If he doesn't start I can see a change soon enough.

Logical, if you base you logicality on your restricted purview only, that is!

MOTM from midfield, mark my words!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omaghjoe

Quote from: ONeill on June 13, 2014, 12:07:30 AM
Yep.

Monaghan have never been blessed with footballing ability or brains. That's why no AIs.

Think you hit the nail on the head there O'Neill

Fuzzman

Anyone have a Gerry Arthur's ticket for sale?
None left on webshite.
I hope we see Joey in the second half
I'd say Monaghan will be happy enough with that Tyrone MF

Aaron Boone

Yep.

Monaghan would now be the best team never to win an AI, Tyrone used to be in 2003. I think that mantle is one that can spur the team on.

Club football is in a healthy state in Monaghan too with Truagh etc

Schkite

Yep.

Cheeky bastid.

Sleater

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 12, 2014, 10:01:53 PM
Quote from: Schkite on June 12, 2014, 09:41:38 PM
Monaghan team named:

1.Rory Beggan
2.Colin Walshe
3.Drew Wylie
4.Fintan Kelly
5.Dessie Mone
6.Vinny Corey
7.Kieran Duffy
8.Dick Clerkin
9.Darren Hughes
10.Paul Finlay
11.Pauric Donaghy
12.Paudie McKenna
13.Dermot Malone
14.Kieran Hughes
15.Jack McCarron

McManus and Lennon on the bench. You'd imagine there'll be one or two changes before it starts.

Strong team, plenty of runners and dirty ball winners... What about the remainder of the bench: C McGuinness, R Wylie, Eoin Duffy, T Kerr, Gavin Doogan?

I'd be genuinely surprised if Monaghan line out like that. O'Rourke is notorious for making 1 to 2 changes from the line -up provided to the media. Any idea what it will actually be?

The Bearded One

I expect to see 2-3 changes to the Monaghan team.

As for Tyrone, I can see that team starting with the only question over Stephen O'Neill. We may see Coney coming in for him.

I had heard that Joe McMahon has an Achilles injury, from experience it can be a slow healer with rest the only real cure. Haven't heard anything to suggest he is back training again.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Fuzzman

Will Vinny Corey be picking up our fly half Sean then?

Does Mone line up against Penrose again? I wonder did Mickey do this on purpose or is he playing mind games? "Moans" sets up a lot of forward moves so he'll need to be well "marked"

Ticket sorted for section B in Gerry Arthurs stand.
See the weather on Accuweather says 21C but mainly cloudy & comfortable

Anyone meeting for a pint before hand?
Monaghan lads take note of the difference between the Tyrone crowd on your streets compared to the Armagh ones you meet next.

God14

Quote from: The_Beard on June 13, 2014, 09:27:15 AM

As for Tyrone, I can see that team starting with the only question over Stephen O'Neill. We may see Coney coming in for him.

I had heard that Joe McMahon has an Achilles injury, from experience it can be a slow healer with rest the only real cure. Haven't heard anything to suggest he is back training again.

I was told maybe 2 months ago that Joe was unlikely to get back in time for the county this year. He has missed a hell of a lot of work being out of action for a long time. It was suprising that he was added to the match day squad the first day out against Down. I think the fact he didn't appear at all for Omagh in the club championship match with Coalisland recently speaks volumes.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: God14 on June 13, 2014, 10:30:16 AM
Quote from: The_Beard on June 13, 2014, 09:27:15 AM

I was told maybe 2 months ago that Joe was unlikely to get back in time for the county this year. He has missed a hell of a lot of work being out of action for a long time. It was suprising that he was added to the match day squad the first day out against Down. I think the fact he didn't appear at all for Omagh in the club championship match with Coalisland recently speaks volumes.

Exactly what I thought when I saw him standing along the sideline not togged out, if he was anything close to it he would have had a jersey on him.

Main Street

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 13, 2014, 04:24:20 AM
Yep.

Think you hit the nail on the head there O'Neill
Yes, hit the nail into his own head, more like.
Probably being stuck in a dead end job, 20 years or so operating the cash till or some similar mundane job in education will do that to  a man with no  ambition, or as MH says, a man with a lot of empty space inside.

The Bearded One

I was told the injury happened in the week between the Down games, he was togged out the first day and took part in the warm-up but wasn't togged out in Newry.

At this stage I would imagine a quarter final for Omagh v Eglish would be a more realistic target for him which is unfortunate from a county point of view.
It is what it is. Presumably.