Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleater

Monaghan lost by a point to Cork in Kildare last week, 2-15 to 2-16. Third hand info to me said Cork had their championship line out or very close to it. Think a late goal for Cork clinched it. Gavin Doogan is back playing for Monaghan after breaking a bone in his foot before the Div 2 league final.

Bingo

Quote from: Sleater on June 10, 2014, 10:41:45 AM
Monaghan lost by a point to Cork in Kildare last week, 2-15 to 2-16. Third hand info to me said Cork had their championship line out or very close to it. Think a late goal for Cork clinched it. Gavin Doogan is back playing for Monaghan after breaking a bone in his foot before the Div 2 league final.

McManus scored 2.08, from play.

orangeman

Quote from: Bingo on June 10, 2014, 10:49:46 AM

Tyrone are lining up Penrose to mark him on Sunday.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 10, 2014, 10:10:01 AM
I wasn't being too serious - your easily annoyed! Seems to be a lot of tension among the Monaghan fans at the minute.

You were being serious enough to kick-start an off topic conversation that most folk are fed up hearing about..

I'm not that easily annoyed..

Maguire01

;D

Main Street

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 10, 2014, 11:11:32 AM

;D
That was with his ankle still in a cast
he's been on fire in training since it was was removed, ready to kick red ass.

Fuzzman

We are the red arses no longer. Red hands yes

Hopefully young McCurry will have a good game on Sunday as he's been quiet enough in the two games so far.

Of course none of have a clue what team Mickey will pick for Sunday but if you were the boss who would you go for and maybe why

I'm surprised we've not seen any of PJ Quinn so far
Here's my Tuesday's edition
Clucko
McCrory
Justy
McNamee
McNabb
Mat Donnelly
Harte
Sean C
Colm C
McGinley
RoN
Penrose - Breaking ball. Say Nobody
McCurry
Coney with SoN coming on 2nd half
Mark Donnelly - I think Mark used to play well in the FF line and is good at winning his own ball and   
                         is accurate with points and often scores goals. He's wasted too far out the field.

I heard Sean, Dick and some lass Bernie Brogan on the Last Word yesterday evening.
Matt asked Sean would he do it again if it needed doing on Sunday and he paused for ages and said yes I think everyone would take one for the team if it needs to be done in the final 10 mins.
Dick was spoke very well I thought and wasn't at all in Sean's face like the last time.

drici

Watch out anybody who is going to the match or won't be in the house and has The Sunday Game on automatic tape every week as the channel changes to RTÉ1 this Sunday for the matches.

Fuzzman

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: drici on June 10, 2014, 02:13:54 PM
Watch out anybody who is going to the match or won't be in the house and has The Sunday Game on automatic tape every week as the channel changes to RTÉ1 this Sunday for the matches.

Cheers Drici.

GrandMasterFlash

Gavin Doogan is back playing for Monaghan after breaking a bone in his foot before the Div 2 league final.

That's great news. He has a fantastic engine and we could certainly do with as many midfield options as are available..

supersarsfields

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 10, 2014, 01:53:07 PM
We are the red arses no longer. Red hands yes

Hopefully young McCurry will have a good game on Sunday as he's been quiet enough in the two games so far.

Of course none of have a clue what team Mickey will pick for Sunday but if you were the boss who would you go for and maybe why

I'm surprised we've not seen any of PJ Quinn so far
Here's my Tuesday's edition
Clucko
McCrory
Justy
McNamee
McNabb
Mat Donnelly
Harte
Sean C
Colm C
McGinley
RoN
Penrose - Breaking ball. Say Nobody
McCurry
Coney with SoN coming on 2nd half
Mark Donnelly - I think Mark used to play well in the FF line and is good at winning his own ball and   
                         is accurate with points and often scores goals. He's wasted too far out the field.

I heard Sean, Dick and some lass Bernie Brogan on the Last Word yesterday evening.
Matt asked Sean would he do it again if it needed doing on Sunday and he paused for ages and said yes I think everyone would take one for the team if it needs to be done in the final 10 mins.
Dick was spoke very well I thought and wasn't at all in Sean's face like the last time.

I've been a big fan of Penrose over his career and I think his impact to Tyrone has been very underrated by a lot of people (Especially in 2008). But that said I think his race is run. Mark Donnelly can do this role better at this stage. I just don't see Penrose as being a starter for Tyrone anymore, which is a pity as he's been a great asset over the years.

sam03/05

have it on good authority from the Monaghan camp (player) that McManus will play on sunday

Redhand Santa

I would be shocked if McManus doesn't play at least some part on Sunday. They tried to make out he'd be saved as have back door if lose, when you here that you have to suspect there's mind games going on.

I was going to say this is probably monaghans best chance to beat tyrone in 25 years but thinking back that's been said ahead of numerous meetings.

It's important that tyrone get really stuck in on Sunday and play for the 70 minutes. There's no doubt this is the biggest game of the football championship to date and it would be a good confidence booster for the squad to get the win.

Can't see too many changes to the line up. Would be surprised if e McKenna stays at 10 and there's obviously going to be a change at midfield.

I suspect joe McMahon is the long term replacement there but won't be ready. I'm not sure if Harte will want to disrupt the team by bringing sean an attacking player out to replace Clarke who played a very defensive role. Gormley or Mcbride could do a similar job with Mcbride more likely to get the nod as Harte may be worried about gormley not having 70 minutes. You also can never rule out a fit Stephen oneill starting in the forwards. I guess he could go to 11 and Sean to the middle.

Main Street

We don't need McManus for this game.
If O'Rourke sticks him on at some stage, it would just be some sort of preparation for the semi final.