Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Anyhow......back to business.....

Is Joe available yet?
Will Sean revert to MF and we install a playmaker at 11?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BartSimpson

Quote from: ONeill on June 07, 2014, 08:24:53 PM
Sean will start mf. Shea McGuigan at 11.
Thumbs up from me anyway!

If we had 6 Seans I'd play them 3, 6, 8, 9, 11 and 14, and if another 2 showed up, I'd have them 10 and 12 too!
guwan the parish

Fuzzman

Lads dee ye not think there's more lads deserving of a starting role than Shea.
Yes he's from great stuck but I've not saw much yet to impress me.
For me RON is our best 11 with SON there for 2nd half.
I won't be surprised if Mickey shocks us with a few more odd choices on his first 15.
McCrory has certainly shut me up on how well he handled Poland both games.
I'd be glad to see McNamee and Justy to join him in a stabilised FB line but God knows
I've not saw much of Jack McCarron but he sounds good.
Despite what most of ye Oriel/Farney/Ulster Champs say I'll be shocked if this is an open clean game of football.
Do ye want Cavan or Our ma next?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 07, 2014, 10:49:02 PM
Lads dee ye not think there's more lads deserving of a starting role than Shea.
Yes he's from great stuck but I've not saw much yet to impress me.
For me RON is our best 11 with SON there for 2nd half.
I won't be surprised if Mickey shocks us with a few more odd choices on his first 15.
McCrory has certainly shut me up on how well he handled Poland both games.
I'd be glad to see McNamee and Justy to join him in a stabilised FB line but God knows
I've not saw much of Jack McCarron but he sounds good.
Despite what most of ye Oriel/Farney/Ulster Champs say I'll be shocked if this is an open clean game of football.
Do ye want Cavan or Our ma next?

I agree about Ronan O'Neill, but I'd like to see how Shea performs in a championship game. Although not overly impressing during the league I do feel that if we are going to have lads like Shea on the squad then we have to give them the opportunity to play their way onto the team. He showed enough flashes of class to be given a chance. What's the alternative? Do we do what we did with loads of players in the past and keep him in the squad, give him no championship game time and drop them off a few years down the line. This is a perfect game to see if Shea can make it - I think he is good enough but if we don't play him in a championship game then we'll never know. 
That was never a square ball!!

babarino

Quote from: ONeill on June 07, 2014, 07:50:57 PM
So, it shouldn't be called Monaghan either as it was, like Farney, one of the regions.

Well Donegal would be part of Tyrone, if that's your point. You'd have an even bigger pool to pick from.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 07, 2014, 10:59:34 PM
I agree about Ronan O'Neill, but I'd like to see how Shea performs in a championship game. Although not overly impressing during the league I do feel that if we are going to have lads like Shea on the squad then we have to give them the opportunity to play their way onto the team. He showed enough flashes of class to be given a chance. What's the alternative? Do we do what we did with loads of players in the past and keep him in the squad, give him no championship game time and drop them off a few years down the line. This is a perfect game to see if Shea can make it - I think he is good enough but if we don't play him in a championship game then we'll never know.

Agreed BH, and what holds for young Mc Guigan would hold equally for young Grugan (IMO), whom I'd like to see get a run out in this one too.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

EC Unique

RON at 11 with McAlskey/SON into the FF line. Sean to MF.

cadhlancian

EC. No Errigal Ciaran men that could fill those roles??

cadhlancian

Jaysus lads, we will need to watch our backs in the parade next week ;)

babarino

Quote from: cadhlancian on June 08, 2014, 07:41:19 PM
Jaysus lads, we will need to watch our backs in the parade next week ;)

Show the respect due to Ulster Champions with a guard of honour and I'm sure there'll be no trouble.

EC Unique

Quote from: cadhlancian on June 08, 2014, 05:26:56 PM
EC. No Errigal Ciaran men that could fill those roles??

No. We already have 3 starters on the side. Can't think of any others that would suit those positions.

omaghjoe

Quote from: babarino on June 07, 2014, 03:29:48 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 07, 2014, 01:17:47 AM
For us that don't know can you explain?

Farney, is comprised of about 6 parishes in the south east of the county (where they talk with a Louth/south Armagh type accent). Farney is a misnomer when used for the whole county. It would be a bit like Inishowen in Donegal, or Ards in Down. Not that The Irish News cares, as it makes for better bylines. Gaelic Life, get it right, more often than not. The whole of the county is in the Kingdom of Oriel, so it's more accurate.

So whats the deal with the Farney army then? Inniskeen lads only need apply

WT4E

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: WT4E on June 09, 2014, 10:51:07 AM
I see Monaghan are away to Louth in the qualifiers!

I advise returning your crystal ball, it's obviously broken.