Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win in a street fight?

Nigel Dineen
19 (79.2%)
Dessie Farrell
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

orangeman

Moynagh's injury was a big blow to Cavan.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: orangeman on April 20, 2014, 11:16:43 PM

Where were Shane Carthy and Michael Deegan yesterday?   
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

orangeman

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on April 20, 2014, 11:26:31 PM

Both injured I assume.

Dublin's strength in depth proved crucial as they just edged out a hard-working Cavan to book their place in the Cadbury's All-Ireland U21FC final against Roscommon.
Dessie Farrell had to field without Leinster final man of the match Shane Carthy, while the likes of Emmet Ó Conghaile and Gavin Ivory made an impact off the bench.

Itchy

Same place as Sanky and Madden. Another Dublin tool.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Itchy on April 21, 2014, 12:19:57 AM

Same place as Sanky and Madden. Another Dublin tool.

Nevin O' Donnell also.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: brianboru00 on April 20, 2014, 09:03:26 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 20, 2014, 08:17:13 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on April 20, 2014, 07:42:05 PM
Just skimming over the last page there and someone mentions that Cavan hurling is improving with the help of a games development officer. That's one games development officer. Can you imagine the improvements that could be made with one in nearly every club!
Also the high profile names that Dublin have coaching their underage teams were mentioned, they don't come cheap. It's clear that this sort of investment gives you results, how can it not? Here's some stats to back it up.
Dublin have won 5 Leinster titles and 2 All Ireland's at u21 football level since 2005 when the 1.5 million or so came yearly. They only won 4 Leinsters and 1 All Ireland since the 70's before that. This is no coincidence, it's all about the money. When you see the improvements from nowhere in hurling you add further proof to this.
Now, I have made nothing up here, it's all fact but don't expect any Dub to tackle any of these facts, they can't. They will invent stories, deflect or attack the poster. What chance do ordinary counties like Cavan, Roscommon etc have of competing when they come up against the money machine? They're putting in huge efforts to improve their teams but are being robbed of All Ireland appearances at underage and robbed of success.

That's incorrect as ever. From the period of time circa 1980-2005 thereafter after you eloquently put it  from when we received the 1.5m

Dublin won Leinster Championships in 1983,1984,1985,1989, 1992, 1993,1994,1995, 2002 and 2005. Thats ten by my count considerably more then 4.

We won All Ireland Titles in 1983 and 1995. Thats two titles not one.

We won National League Football Titles in 1987, 1991 and 1993. and beaten finalists in 3 also. That's 3 titles .

Plus since the 1.5m  came in 2005. Several of the current dublin senior team were well past 18 at the time so I'm at a loss as to how these monies directly impacted the annexing of the 2011 title in particular.

But no doubt you've another bullshit theory to impart on us.

to be fair there - he specified the U21s .
Dont Matter's stats look to be concrete. A replay is now the best option.

macdanger2

Congrats to the Rossies, hope ye win it now

Shrewdness

Thanks macdanger2, we'll take all the good wishes we get. I didn't realise until today, that the goalkeeper on the Cork U-21 team last Saturday, is a son of Micheal Martin, Fianna Fail leader. Seems to be good news on the injury front for Ros ahead of the final. Fintan Sweeney, Fintan Kelly and Conor Daly who were all injured for last weekend, are all expected to be fit for the final. All we need now is to keep John Evans away from them next weekend in Croke Park!!

Rossfan

I saw the FF leader wandering around the back of the stand on Saturday. A few obviously loyal lúlás were getting photos taken with him. :(
Great news if the 3 Half backs are fit as they'll be needed to tighten things up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PaoloRossi

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 22, 2014, 01:53:34 PM
Thanks macdanger2, we'll take all the good wishes we get. I didn't realise until today, that the goalkeeper on the Cork U-21 team last Saturday, is a son of Micheal Martin, Fianna Fail leader. Seems to be good news on the injury front for Ros ahead of the final. Fintan Sweeney, Fintan Kelly and Conor Daly who were all injured for last weekend, are all expected to be fit for the final. All we need now is to keep John Evans away from them next weekend in Croke Park!!

Evans has confirmed that none of the U 21s will be involved this weekend.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Westside on April 20, 2014, 06:14:57 PM
So Dublin are at no big advantage due to population yet are receiving fifteen times the development funding others are? But this funding isn't the reason for Dublin's resurgence, it's coaching expertise... There might, MIGHT, be a case for "redressing the balance"...

I'll leave it at that.

I will say before I leave that anyone listening to Peter Reilly's interview will tell that the mean is heartbroken. Some of his comments may have been better kept to himself but if he doesn't regret them himself today then that's fair enough he's entitled to an opinion and never once took a shot at Dublin, only the GAA.
In 2009 we had Tommy Carr over the U21s. I'd say he wouldn't have been able to name the 15 he put on the field without a program in front of him. I'm proud to have a man like Peter Reilly over these young lads and every one of them have nothing but the highest praise for the man. Sincerely hope he can deliver better days in future.

Best of luck to Dublin and Roscommon in the final.

Lucky for you that is in the past.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on April 20, 2014, 03:35:26 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 20, 2014, 03:24:20 PM
Dublin might have only 80 clubs but some of them have more teams/players than many a small County.
We badly need our first choice half backs fit and ready for the Final as we were so open at times yesterday it wasn't funny.
Younger Daly is only out of Minor, and the other 2 are not good enough. I don't want to personalise it but.... ye'll know what I mean.
For a team that dominated so much of the game having to depend on the last kick of the game to win by 1 is not good.
I for one am worried about this Final.
The man with the cap was doing a lot of pontificating afterwards too so obviously some flaws to be rectified before we face the supermen.

John Mac isn't good enough?! Have you been living under a rock? He kept Brian O'Driscoll under wraps yesterday and his man didn't have a sniff of the ball in the Connacht final. He'll be pushing Niall Daly for the senior CB berth soon enough.

Just noticed this nonsense now.  I doubt he will ever make a Senior footballer unless we fall back to where we were 2005-2008.
FFS the lad kept passing ball to Corkmen and our HB line last week was like the Red Sea when Moses came calling.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 21, 2014, 10:47:16 PM
Congrats to the Rossies, hope ye win it now

Yea, best of luck to the Rossies in the Final.

I hope they party afterwards till at least July.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Eugene backs Cavan complaints.

The former chairman of the Football Review Committee (FRC) Eugene McGee, who helped introduce both the black card and the advantage rule, has expressed his opinion the Dublin player should indeed have been black carded, as "deliberate this foul most certainly was", while the advantage rule was also misapplied.
"As with all new rules it is not just players or mentors who have to get accustomed to them, but the referees also," said McGee.

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: orangeman on April 23, 2014, 12:01:31 AM

Eugene backs Cavan complaints.

The former chairman of the Football Review Committee (FRC) Eugene McGee, who helped introduce both the black card and the advantage rule, has expressed his opinion the Dublin player should indeed have been black carded, as "deliberate this foul most certainly was", while the advantage rule was also misapplied.
"As with all new rules it is not just players or mentors who have to get accustomed to them, but the referees also," said McGee.

Well it shows he doesn't know what he's talking about as was clearly shown Cavan player pulled McHugh down on to the ground. Anyone that denies has either not looked at the incident or is being deliberately dishonest.