Who would win in a street fight?

Nigel Dineen
19 (79.2%)
Dessie Farrell
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

INDIANA

Quote from: Itchy on April 20, 2014, 07:05:27 PM
You're a bit of a tool aren't you Indiana. The Anglocelt is the full interview. Breaking news took some comments out of context. You'd rather slobber about the latter for some reason. Sure the GAA have been giving ye as much as they can since the 95 all Ireland when ye cheated a win over Tyrone.

I can always put up the youtube video showing the Cavan fans and management engaging in what you might call civilised behaviour Itchy. If I'm a tool I'll have to live with that but what would you call them? No better then some of the louts on the Hill in my view.

Maybe you've an itch that needs to be scratched. Tyrone like complaining about referees too as we saw a few weeks ago. Its easier then admitting you lost. I'd watch a bit less of the Jose Mourinho interviews.

Itchy

You're right about one thing, you will have to live with it lad.

Dont Matter

Just skimming over the last page there and someone mentions that Cavan hurling is improving with the help of a games development officer. That's one games development officer. Can you imagine the improvements that could be made with one in nearly every club!
Also the high profile names that Dublin have coaching their underage teams were mentioned, they don't come cheap. It's clear that this sort of investment gives you results, how can it not? Here's some stats to back it up.
Dublin have won 5 Leinster titles and 2 All Ireland's at u21 football level since 2005 when the 1.5 million or so came yearly. They only won 4 Leinsters and 1 All Ireland since the 70's before that. This is no coincidence, it's all about the money. When you see the improvements from nowhere in hurling you add further proof to this.
Now, I have made nothing up here, it's all fact but don't expect any Dub to tackle any of these facts, they can't. They will invent stories, deflect or attack the poster. What chance do ordinary counties like Cavan, Roscommon etc have of competing when they come up against the money machine? They're putting in huge efforts to improve their teams but are being robbed of All Ireland appearances at underage and robbed of success.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Itchy on April 20, 2014, 07:28:27 PM
You're right about one thing, you will have to live with it lad.

When you're the judge believe me I can live with it.

Drummerboy

The bitterness and hatred of Dublin, and all things Dublin, is rampant on this forum. Its embarrassing to think this is coming from fellow Irishmen. Its what you'd expect to see on a loyalist messageboard.

mjg

It g-
++++++++++++++++++-

Its getting a tad tiresome now guys

orangeman

Money won't take you far if you haven't the footballers as well. Dublin have massive resources but have big numbers. Dublin are going through a great spell.

Cavan are to be commended for the structures they have in place. Unfortunately they haven't the population to go with it but they're making massive strides and got to within a point of the current superpower of football which is a massive achievement in itself.

On the game itself, Cavan are naturally aggrieved at some of the decisions that the referee rightly gave to Dublin but failed to reward Dublin in very similar circumstances.

Losing a game like this, after having out so much into it, emotions were running high and sadly but understandably, things were said and done that most will today regret.

Dublin are a great side. Cavan are likewise a brilliant side. Good luck to both in their future development.

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 20, 2014, 07:42:05 PM
Just skimming over the last page there and someone mentions that Cavan hurling is improving with the help of a games development officer. That's one games development officer. Can you imagine the improvements that could be made with one in nearly every club!
Also the high profile names that Dublin have coaching their underage teams were mentioned, they don't come cheap. It's clear that this sort of investment gives you results, how can it not? Here's some stats to back it up.
Dublin have won 5 Leinster titles and 2 All Ireland's at u21 football level since 2005 when the 1.5 million or so came yearly. They only won 4 Leinsters and 1 All Ireland since the 70's before that. This is no coincidence, it's all about the money. When you see the improvements from nowhere in hurling you add further proof to this.
Now, I have made nothing up here, it's all fact but don't expect any Dub to tackle any of these facts, they can't. They will invent stories, deflect or attack the poster. What chance do ordinary counties like Cavan, Roscommon etc have of competing when they come up against the money machine? They're putting in huge efforts to improve their teams but are being robbed of All Ireland appearances at underage and robbed of success.

That's incorrect as ever. From the period of time circa 1980-2005 thereafter after you eloquently put it  from when we received the 1.5m

Dublin won Leinster Championships in 1983,1984,1985,1989, 1992, 1993,1994,1995, 2002 and 2005. Thats ten by my count considerably more then 4.

We won All Ireland Titles in 1983 and 1995. Thats two titles not one.

We won National League Football Titles in 1987, 1991 and 1993. and beaten finalists in 3 also. That's 3 titles .

Plus since the 1.5m  came in 2005. Several of the current dublin senior team were well past 18 at the time so I'm at a loss as to how these monies directly impacted the annexing of the 2011 title in particular.

But no doubt you've another bullshit theory to impart on us.

Blowitupref

Saturday May 3rd O'Connor Park, Tullamore to be the venue for the Under 21 AI Final, Throw-in at 3pm.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

PaoloRossi

Okay guys I think enough has been said on Dublin GAA, can we just move on and look forward to the matter at hand? Tullamore has been confirmed as the venue with throw at 3pm, looking  forward to a good game :)

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 20, 2014, 08:34:15 PM
Saturday May 3rd O'Connor Park, Tullamore to be the venue for the Under 21 AI Final, Throw-in at 3pm.

As you were for 2012. Good ground for the final. Hopefully the result is reversed.

brianboru00

Quote from: INDIANA on April 20, 2014, 08:17:13 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on April 20, 2014, 07:42:05 PM

That's incorrect as ever. From the period of time circa 1980-2005 thereafter after you eloquently put it  from when we received the 1.5m

Dublin won Leinster Championships in 1983,1984,1985,1989, 1992, 1993,1994,1995, 2002 and 2005. Thats ten by my count considerably more then 4.

We won National League Football Titles in 1987, 1991 and 1993. and beaten finalists in 3 also. That's 3 titles .

Plus since the 1.5m  came in 2005. Several of the current dublin senior team were well past 18 at the time so I'm at a loss as to how these monies directly impacted the annexing of the 2011 title in particular.

to be fair there - he specified the U21s .

Dont Matter

Quote from: Drummerboy on April 20, 2014, 08:10:45 PM
The bitterness and hatred of Dublin, and all things Dublin, is rampant on this forum. Its embarrassing to think this is coming from fellow Irishmen. Its what you'd expect to see on a loyalist messageboard.

I said the Dubs wouldn't deal with the actual facts been presented and I've been proved correct. This is about fair play for all teams involved in Gaelic Games, nothing else.

Quote from: INDIANA on April 20, 2014, 08:17:13 PM

What's all this about? Would you mind reading my posts properly? I suppose being a Dub you're bound to have reading problems.
I was talking about u21 football with my stats, as I said in my post. You've just gone and put up senior titles.
If I'm right in calculating that they had to be born before 87 to be overage for the multi million euro system, then a good few that won the 2011 All Ireland did go through the system. Most of the back line anyway.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Walter Cronc

Some crap being spouted on here lads.

Some of the most knowledgable GAA people I know stand in the hill at Dublin games. So to say they are 'scumbags' is just plain silly. Every crowd brings a bandwagon of clowns when they gain success. Tyrone and Armagh examples in the 00's.

What happened after the game was a disgrace regardless of the right/wrong decision made by the referee. That moron in the grey hoody should be banned for 6 months.

Syferus

A few from yesterday:

Special extra edition:

The top of Jack's head was too fast for my camera's image sensor to catch:

Apparently Argue alone wasn't enough of a challenge for the Dublin midfield: