Mayo v London Sunday July 21st, 2013 Connacht Final

Started by From the Bunker, June 30, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Well there you go. Well done to London. Hard to see past my native County! Should be a novel occasion.

Syferus

The Hyde making a late charge for the Connacht final again? I'd like to see the Hardy Bucks' reasoning for needing a ground over 18,750 for this final..

seafoid

Dublin- Meath looks like a massacre on the scale of Dublin-Kildare
So does Mayo-London
So does Donegal-Monaghan

At least the Munster final will be relatively balanced.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on June 30, 2013, 06:04:37 PM
The Hyde making a late charge for the Connacht final again? I'd like to see the Hardy Bucks' reasoning for needing a ground over 18,750 for this final..

Its in McHale park.  Mayo will be represented in both grades in the finals and will have the most supporters in attendance, we had to travel to the Hyde last year because of Sligos neutral final rule. It is only right the mighty Mayo get to celebrate their provincial dominance and first 3 inarow since 1950 in the mecca of Castlebar.

Hon Mayo
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Look Sy, ye got the Final last year. Castlebar to be honest is a fitting venue for this novel final. If only the stand itself was filled for the game it should be in Castlebar.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on June 30, 2013, 06:10:26 PM
Dublin- Meath looks like a massacre on the scale of Dublin-Kildare
So does Mayo-London
So does Donegal-Monaghan

At least the Munster final will be relatively balanced.

If Cork/Kerry had met in an earlier round, the Munster Final would been the same.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 30, 2013, 06:12:59 PM

Look Sy, ye got the Final last year. Castlebar to be honest is a fitting venue for this novel final. If only the stand itself was filled for the game it should be in Castlebar.

Given the semi was at the Hyde because Ruslip 'wasn't suitable' for a Connacht semi-final the same should hold true for a Connacht final involving Mayo and London ;)

The Bucks and consistency are two polar opposites, though.

Blowitupref

Whatever about the possible Ulster,Leinster one sided finals the Connacht final will have the poorest attendance. 12-15,000?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

bucko

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 30, 2013, 06:26:55 PM
Whatever about the possible Ulster,Leinster one sided finals the Connacht final will have the poorest attendance. 12-15,000?
I'm sure Prenty and co in Connacht Council are happy out with today's result... :-\

Syferus

London's fist ever televised game. It was worth the wait.

Wildweasel74

there seriously could be 20pt in this game, i see it was only London 4th championship win, who were the previous 2 outs die of this yr, they do fermanagh a  few yrs back

Syferus

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 30, 2013, 10:25:44 PM
there seriously could be 20pt in this game, i see it was only London 4th championship win, who were the previous 2 outs die of this yr, they do fermanagh a  few yrs back

Leitrim '77 in Carrick, draw with Mayo in 2011. Keep with the program, weasel!

theticklemister

Qwerty28

London wont put up as bad a showing as the likes of Offaly and Wicklow did this weekend. In all probability it will be shooting practice for Mayo but sure wasn't that the case against Galway?