Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 26, 2013, 10:18:48 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 23, 2013, 06:48:36 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 23, 2013, 06:16:42 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on July 23, 2013, 05:53:11 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 23, 2013, 05:43:18 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 23, 2013, 01:57:59 PM
Quote from: AMayoFan on July 23, 2013, 12:32:51 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 23, 2013, 11:57:07 AM
Looking forward to the games at the weekend and the draw. Going to head in for them, 25euro for 3 games is pretty good value.
It's the first time I can remember going into a 1/4 draw and not being bothered who we are paired with. Horan and the team will focus and plan accordingly no matter who we are drawn against.

If you're a GAA seasonally ticket holder you have an option to buy premium level tickets for 35euro.
I am but I think I'll go with a few Caaaavan lads I know, they'll be a bit lost around Croker. Could end up in Tolka park if I wasn't with them....

And you won't get them to pay an extra tenner for premium level unless they could fill a suitcase with free food to bring home with them!

We could possibly be meeting ye in the Quarter finals, the Cavan fans will have a field day collecting O Neills footballs - from all the wayward Mayo shooting.
Where you pull that joke out of? 1996?  :P

Eighteen wides against London wasn't it? and unlikely to score five goals against any quarter final opponent.

The Cavan fans might need to keep them because if we are playing them in the quarters it could very be likely be their goalkeeper collecting them from the back of their net most of the day.

::)

You fancy Kyaavins chance against Mayo then, fair play to you.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

rodney trotter

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 27, 2013, 12:04:14 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on July 26, 2013, 10:22:19 PM

Looking forward to the games at the weekend and the draw. Going to head in for them, 25euro for 3 games is pretty good value.
It's the first time I can remember going into a 1/4 draw and not being bothered who we are paired with. Horan and the team will focus and plan accordingly no matter who we are drawn against.

If you're a GAA seasonally ticket holder you have an option to buy premium level tickets for 35euro.
I am but I think I'll go with a few Caaaavan lads I know, they'll be a bit lost around Croker. Could end up in Tolka park if I wasn't with them....

And you won't get them to pay an extra tenner for premium level unless they could fill a suitcase with free food to bring home with them!

We could possibly be meeting ye in the Quarter finals, the Cavan fans will have a field day collecting O Neills footballs - from all the wayward Mayo shooting.

Eighteen wides against London wasn't it? and unlikely to score five goals against any quarter final opponent.

The Cavan fans might need to keep them because if we are playing them in the quarters it could very be likely be their goalkeeper collecting them from the back of their net most of the day.

We are not going to win the All Ireland, but we would give Mayo a good game if we got to the quarter finals. At least we have played tough games this year.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 27, 2013, 10:43:22 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 27, 2013, 12:04:14 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on July 26, 2013, 10:22:19 PM

We are not going to win the All Ireland, but we would give Mayo a good game if we got to the quarter finals. At least we have played tough games this year.

To be honest Cavan like Roscommon is a county I'd love to see do well. Might be traditionalisr snobbery but thats the way it is. Just think the Cavan lads would be better served nor get too cocky too early is all. Mayo had a very tough NFL against tge best teams.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

anglocelt39

suggesting that Cavan might give Mayo a good game in an AIQF if they do the business today does not constitute cockiness,  not on the part of Cavan supporters anyway.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

From the Bunker

Cavan would no doubt give Mayo a run for their Money. All looks well for the future in Cavan, with their consecutive u-21 success in Ulster for the last couple of years. This year is an important learning curve and unlike Donegal who really have  built their success on a system a small panel of top players, Cavan could be a force in Ulster and further if harnessed correctly. A note of caution, Galway have proven u-21 success means little and can often place unreal expectations on players too early in their development.

On Mayo not having a tough game. They were not tough for a reason. Mayo were on top and smothered the opposition and were legal in taking scores. Ask Tyrone about how tough Roscommon were to put away or Armagh about Galway. Were they not tough games? As for the London game, you'd have to be at the game to realise the Circus atmosphere at the game. Mayo rested players, tried positional changes, tried various new plays and were playing often in second gear.

If Cavan have had tough games as you said there has to be a reason. Are they not putting teams (that they are better than) away?

Anyway enjoy your game against London and I will be shouting for ye in the QF (providing you don't get the Red and Green).

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 27, 2013, 11:52:13 AM
Cavan would no doubt give Mayo a run for their Money. All looks well for the future in Cavan, with their consecutive u-21 success in Ulster for the last couple of years. This year is an important learning curve and unlike Donegal who really have  built their success on a system a small panel of top players, Cavan could be a force in Ulster and further if harnessed correctly. A note of caution, Galway have proven u-21 success means little and can often place unreal expectations on players too early in their development.

On Mayo not having a tough game. They were not tough for a reason. Mayo were on top and smothered the opposition and were legal in taking scores. Ask Tyrone about how tough Roscommon were to put away or Armagh about Galway. Were they not tough games? As for the London game, you'd have to be at the game to realise the Circus atmosphere at the game. Mayo rested players, tried positional changes, tried various new plays and were playing often in second gear.

If Cavan have had tough games as you said there has to be a reason. Are they not putting teams (that they are better than) away?

Anyway enjoy your game against London and I will be shouting for ye in the QF (providing you don't get the Red and Green).
+1
Mayo had everything to lose and nowt to gain if they went flat out from start to finish in any of their games so far.
To begin with, an unusually high number of first choice players were sidelined by injury or were getting ready to return.
The Morans, Andy and Barry, Alan Dillon, Cillian O'Connor and Mick Conroy would get their place on most teams in the land and Horan couldn't risking losing any more or seeing any of those who were coming back getting banjaxed again.
Galway and Roscommon are better teams than the respective results would suggest and Mayo were able to dispose of both without being anywhere close to full strength.
Going into the quarters, Horan will have a full squad to select from with the sole exception of David Clarke and that is more important than running up a series of meaningless scorelines.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

anglocelt39

Really seems to be Mayo's to lose this year in fairness. Cross the threshold of the quarter finals get back to full strength and momentum should do the rest.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Farrandeelin

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 27, 2013, 01:59:28 PM
Really seems to be Mayo's to lose this year in fairness. Cross the threshold of the quarter finals get back to full strength and momentum should do the rest.

Hahaha. Good one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

I'd doubt Cavan would get particularly close to Mayo. It could be another 10+ drubbing.

For both teams' sakes I hope Cavan and Monaghan are paired in the AIQFs, if Cavan do the business today. It'd be some boost to one of those counties to make a AISF and be playing for a place in the All-Ireland final.

ross4life

On Mayo not having a tough game. They were not tough for a reason. Mayo were on top and smothered the opposition and were legal in taking scores. Ask Tyrone about how tough Roscommon were to put away or Armagh about Galway. Were they not tough games? 
Yes you smothered Galway especially the inexperienced defenders who tried to walk the ball out of defence. After 20mins we stood off Mayo & it became shooting practice without challenge coming in, we did the opposite v Tyrone TBH they were lucky to get the 12 scores.

As for Armagh well we beat them last year Cavan have done likewise this summer.

Cavan could be a force in Ulster and further if harnessed correctly. A note of caution, Galway have proven u-21 success means little and can often place unreal expectations on players too early in their development.

With the talent available to them Galway have underachieved thus far but remains to be seen how many of the last few U-21s teams will make the step up to senior level . James Horans job has been made easier with Mayos U-21 success, four in row and 2006 AI. I'd say fair few of the current senior panel came from those underage teams.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

From the Bunker

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 27, 2013, 01:59:28 PM

Mayo's to lose? In order for it to be ours to lose we have to be well ahead of everyone? Do you honestly think that?

rodney trotter

The reason is simple, Ulster Football is toughest.