Mayo v London Sunday July 21st, 2013 Connacht Final

Started by From the Bunker, June 30, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Orior

Let's get some Cockney rhyming slang for the visitors:

Keep taking your knuckles mate (Knuckle joints - points)

That was never a Cheryl ya bastid ref because the bollix handled the ball on the ground (Cheryl Cole - goal)

etcetera, etcetera, etcetera
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on June 30, 2013, 06:04:37 PM
The Hyde making a late charge for the Connacht final again? I'd like to see the Hardy Bucks' reasoning for needing a ground over 18,750 for this final..
In fairness they could leave the 5 portoloos
that they had there today in place for another 3 weeks and
add 1or 2 more to bring it up to bog(sic)standard......mind you
I suppose it would help if they would flush  ;)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on June 30, 2013, 11:27:34 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 30, 2013, 06:04:37 PM
The Hyde making a late charge for the Connacht final again? I'd like to see the Hardy Bucks' reasoning for needing a ground over 18,750 for this final..
In fairness they could leave the 5 portoloos
that they had there today in place for another 3 weeks and
add 1or 2 more to bring it up to bog(sic)standard......mind you
I suppose it would help if they would flush  ;)

Mayo and Galway do produce a lot of shite so you have to make allowances for that, Sans.

LeoMc

Quote from: Qwerty28 on June 30, 2013, 10:51:12 PM
London wont put up as bad a showing as the likes of Offaly and Wicklow did this weekend. In all probability it will be shooting practice for Mayo but sure wasn't that the case against Galway?

Would Sligo or Leitrim put up any more credible an opposition?

rosnarun

Quote from: ballinaman on June 30, 2013, 05:54:30 PM

like the fact they on have on set of goal posts,
are they trying to tell us something?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Hardy

I don't understand. Why do Mayo get to play this at home? Should there not be at least a show of fairness by bringing it to Roscommon or Carrick or somewhere?

Rossfan

The PrentyMayowr Council have decided that Hyde Park now joins Páirc Sheáin and Markypark as not fit to host a Connacht Final.
Salthill would be a Financial disaster plus the debt on McHale has to be paid.
Plus of course Mwr minors are also in the final.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Hardy on July 01, 2013, 03:10:41 PM
I don't understand. Why do Mayo get to play this at home? Should there not be at least a show of fairness by bringing it to Roscommon or Carrick or somewhere?

Didn't you hear, Hardy? Our common foe Mayo (or Hardy B. Prenty, if you want be exact) decreed the Hyde was not fit to host Connacht finals anymore.

Carrick has never been on the table for Connacht finals.

AZOffaly

Tullamore is available. No more games there for a while.

From the Bunker

It's as simple as to why are Dublin games played in Croke Park? Because Dublin in Dublin will bring a bigger support. If this game was played in Hyde or Pearce there would be little or nobody at it (and believe me there would not be many travelling.). In fairness if Mayo played London in either of this venues it would still be like a home match as they would be allot more familiar with these grounds. For a more atmospheric game McHale park has to be the venue and London deserve to have their big day in front of a decent crowd.

AZOffaly

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 01, 2013, 03:32:40 PM
It's as simple as to why are Dublin games played in Croke Park? Because Dublin in Dublin will bring a bigger support. If this game was played in Hyde or Pearce there would be little or nobody at it (and believe me there would not be many travelling.). In fairness if Mayo played London in either of this venues it would still be like a home match as they would be allot more familiar with these grounds. For a more atmospheric game McHale park has to be the venue and London deserve to have their big day in front of a decent crowd.

Aye, the Dublin of the West. Mecca of Connacht football. The Second home of God. The Taoiseach's Palace.

I'm sure London are very thankful to Prenty for providing them an atmospheric crowd.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2013, 03:38:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 01, 2013, 03:32:40 PM

Aye, the Dublin of the West. Mecca of Connacht football. The Second home of God. The Taoiseach's Palace.

I'm sure London are very thankful to Prenty for providing them an atmospheric crowd.
At last, bucko -you're beginning to see the light.....bow down knave,bow down ;D
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

T Fearon

Surely Chas and Dave should write a tribute song for London, at the very least.

London in the Connacht Final, can you adam and eve it?