Greatest all rounder of the last 25 years

Started by rrhf, May 10, 2013, 12:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best all rounder  from 1988, versatile, multi skilled and adaptable to the game.

Graeme geraghty
20 (19%)
Peter Canavan
15 (14.3%)
Daragh o se
4 (3.8%)
Thomas o se
7 (6.7%)
Brian dooher
7 (6.7%)
Mickey linden
4 (3.8%)
Anthony tohill
23 (21.9%)
James mc cartan
2 (1.9%)
Paul mc grane
3 (2.9%)
Sean cavanagh
14 (13.3%)
Seamus moynihan
14 (13.3%)
Colum cooper
3 (2.9%)
Michael donnellan
14 (13.3%)
Pauric Joyce
5 (4.8%)
Martin o Connell
5 (4.8%)
Declan Browne
2 (1.9%)
Larry Tompkins
1 (1%)
Ciaran mc donald
9 (8.6%)
Dermot early
2 (1.9%)
Eamon o hara
6 (5.7%)
Philip Jordan
4 (3.8%)
Steve Cluxton
0 (0%)
Keiran mc geeney
7 (6.7%)
Oisin m conville
9 (8.6%)
Stephen o Neill
5 (4.8%)
Tony scullion
7 (6.7%)
Charlie Redmond
0 (0%)
Darren Faye
3 (2.9%)
Steve mc Donald
1 (1%)
Joe Mc Mahon
4 (3.8%)
Trebor Giles
5 (4.8%)
Pj Gillic
0 (0%)
Nudie Hughes
2 (1.9%)
Paul Galvin
1 (1%)
Darren Hughes
0 (0%)
Greg Blaney
6 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: May 22, 2013, 12:42:37 AM

nrico2006

Joe McMahon has played in the full back line, half forward line and midfield as well as the half forward line, although I doubt he has played in the full forward line.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

theticklemister

Darren Hughes, CHB, WB, MF and did he not do goalkeeper against Tyrone in ulster champion in casement pk?

The monaghan manager (banty?) decided not to go with the reserve goalkeeper when his no.1 got injured so he threw in Hughes and the reserve goalkeeper left the squad. In my opinion the reserve goalkeeper was correct.

Ard-Rí

PJ Gillic, Trevor Giles, Colm Coyle are the players that spring to mind for me when "all rounder" is mentioned. Maybe I misunderstand though, because Colm Cooper and Cluxton are on the list.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

theticklemister

We need a lesson objective at the beginning of this thread!!!!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 10, 2013, 01:34:55 PM
Joe McMahon has played in the full back line, half forward line and midfield as well as the half forward line, although I doubt he has played in the full forward line.
i could be wrong, but was joe not playing at FF when he got the goal against dublin in the rain in 2008?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

rosnarun

Quote from: theticklemister on May 10, 2013, 01:37:49 PM
Darren Hughes, CHB, WB, MF and did he not do goalkeeper against Tyrone in ulster champion in casement pk?

The monaghan manager (banty?) decided not to go with the reserve goalkeeper when his no.1 got injured so he threw in Hughes and the reserve goalkeeper left the squad. In my opinion the reserve goalkeeper was correct.

a spell in the forwards and we could have our Division 2/3 winner anyway
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

illdecide

I'm from Armagh but we Pete has to get it..the we bollix was the best by a mile...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

trileacman

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 10, 2013, 01:34:55 PM

He played in the FF line one day in Clones (circa 2009-2010) that I mind. It was for about 10 minutes at the end of a match, think we'd subbed one of the full forward line and the other got injured. Joe was playing wing-half and must have been told to push up into FF to give us someone to knock it into and see out the match. We were up by several scores at the time.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

David McKeown

Quote from: theticklemister on May 10, 2013, 01:37:49 PM

It was Armagh in Casement although he may have kept his place. Banty at the time suggested he was better under the high ball than the reserve keeper and as he thought Armagh would use the tactic a lot he played him there.

It was sucessful on that occasion although that was a much to do with Sludden showing his imcompotence as it was great tactical thinking
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Mike Sheehy

Well, seeing as the thread has turned into everybody shouting for their lad then surely Bryan Sheehan deserves a shout..... corner forward, half-forward, midfield, goalie and freetaker !

Hardy

Ah you have to have served a stint in both defence and attack at least to be considered for an all-rounder nomination.

grounded

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 10, 2013, 06:28:01 PM
Well, seeing as the thread has turned into everybody shouting for their lad then surely Bryan Sheehan deserves a shout..... corner forward, half-forward, midfield, goalie and freetaker !

No, I'm afraid unless he's had a spell in the backs we can't let him in!

Why is Maurice Fitz not on the list?

5 Sams

Quote from: Hardy on May 10, 2013, 07:18:24 PM
Ah you have to have served a stint in both defence and attack at least to be considered for an all-rounder nomination.
I
Agree with Hardy. throw in a spell at midfield and you have Dan Gordon. Close the thread.

The Aristocrat Years

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.