Greatest all rounder of the last 25 years

Started by rrhf, May 10, 2013, 12:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best all rounder  from 1988, versatile, multi skilled and adaptable to the game.

Graeme geraghty
20 (19%)
Peter Canavan
15 (14.3%)
Daragh o se
4 (3.8%)
Thomas o se
7 (6.7%)
Brian dooher
7 (6.7%)
Mickey linden
4 (3.8%)
Anthony tohill
23 (21.9%)
James mc cartan
2 (1.9%)
Paul mc grane
3 (2.9%)
Sean cavanagh
14 (13.3%)
Seamus moynihan
14 (13.3%)
Colum cooper
3 (2.9%)
Michael donnellan
14 (13.3%)
Pauric Joyce
5 (4.8%)
Martin o Connell
5 (4.8%)
Declan Browne
2 (1.9%)
Larry Tompkins
1 (1%)
Ciaran mc donald
9 (8.6%)
Dermot early
2 (1.9%)
Eamon o hara
6 (5.7%)
Philip Jordan
4 (3.8%)
Steve Cluxton
0 (0%)
Keiran mc geeney
7 (6.7%)
Oisin m conville
9 (8.6%)
Stephen o Neill
5 (4.8%)
Tony scullion
7 (6.7%)
Charlie Redmond
0 (0%)
Darren Faye
3 (2.9%)
Steve mc Donald
1 (1%)
Joe Mc Mahon
4 (3.8%)
Trebor Giles
5 (4.8%)
Pj Gillic
0 (0%)
Nudie Hughes
2 (1.9%)
Paul Galvin
1 (1%)
Darren Hughes
0 (0%)
Greg Blaney
6 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: May 22, 2013, 12:42:37 AM

rosnarun

Trevor giles surely should be a front runner
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Declan

Whilst he was some footballer Geraghty has lost none of his ability to piss off and abuse officials anyway judging by his performance in the meath club league match last night on the line for Duleek/Bellewstown.

blanketattack

Only one All-rounder was listed - Geraghty so had no choice but to vote for him.

Gold

To clarify, my vote was for Tony Scullion of ANTRIM.

Great no 10 and even better when playing No 5.

Gave 8/9 great years until he was dropped for shockingly wanting to attend his relatives anniversery mass and meet the team in Clones for this year's league game, rather than go on bus with his team-mates.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

LeoMc

Hardy

Quote from: rosnarun on May 10, 2013, 10:20:26 AM
Trevor giles surely should be a front runner

Trevor was mediocre enough by Meath all-rounder standards.

Seriously, though - I knew I was forgetting somebody.

theticklemister

Quote from: LeoMc on May 10, 2013, 11:36:36 AM
No Geoffrey?

Donaldson.................. yeah he has done all the rounds in the Unionist parties  ;D ;D ;D

mouview

Tomas Mannion's omission is gas. AI's at corner-back, CHB. Played effectively in most other positions for Galway too.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Ohtoohtobe

Ray 'Smoothie' Magee is an obvious omission

blewuporstuffed

Just about sneaks in the time period, as he won allstar in 1989, but eugene mckenna won 3 allstars in 3 different positions, midfeild, centre half forward & full forward
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

theticklemister

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 10, 2013, 12:00:06 PM
Just about sneaks in the time period, as he won allstar in 1989, but eugene mckenna won 3 allstars in 3 different positions, midfeild, centre half forward & full forward

anthony mcgurk, chb and cf all stars.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

theticklemister

Conor Clarke from Tyrone must have seen the above poll....................................

Conor Clarke is the latest in a long line of Tyrone footballers who are happy to play anywhere.

In keeping with O'Neill County tradition, the 21-year-old powerhouse featured at both full back and midfield during the national football league and his adaptability is largely down to his willingness to give 100% no matter what role he's asked to perform.

"You should not expect to get the jersey easily," the Omagh St Enda's clubman told The Belfast Telegraph. "I have played in a few positions during the league and was always delighted just to be in the side.

"I'll be happy to go wherever I am put against Donegal, I don't mind where I play. The hot competition for places is helping to keep us all on our toes.

"With Kyle Coney coming back from injury as well as Stephen [O'Neill] and Peter [Harte] likely to be ready again, this means that competition will be stepped up even further.

"There will definitely be men disappointed when the team is unveiled. But that's what you want as the competition for places is always helpful in bringing about the required team performance.

"We beat Donegal in the league earlier this year but we know that this counts for nothing. They are making it known they fancy a hat-trick of Ulster titles so we will have to remain very focused."

Lar Naparka

Willie Joe Padden.
He lost his amateur status as a Traveller during the time John O'Mahony was the Mayo manager.
He played in every line of the team from FB to FF. Barry Moran was another who got shunted all over the place.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi