"MEGA TWELFTH"

Started by lawnseed, May 04, 2013, 10:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

a couple of predictable posts there concerning the mega twelfth..  get this into your heads lads. we are here to stay and so are the orangemen. when this struggle ends there will still be orangemen marching on the twelfth. what we make of this holiday is up to us. we can try to make the activities of these folk a little more palatable by encouraging our orange neighbours to take their celebrations to a great site off the public road where they can kick up their heels (or the pope) or whatever they want to do or we can do what we do now... destroy where we live annually and suffer the ill feeling that goes with it.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

I quite enjoy 2 days off in July.

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 09, 2013, 08:51:06 PM
I quite enjoy 2 days off in July.
a week would be better  ;)

stew

Quote from: lawnseed on May 09, 2013, 08:26:59 PM
a couple of predictable posts there concerning the mega twelfth..  get this into your heads lads. we are here to stay and so are the orangemen. when this struggle ends there will still be orangemen marching on the twelfth. what we make of this holiday is up to us. we can try to make the activities of these folk a little more palatable by encouraging our orange neighbours to take their celebrations to a great site off the public road where they can kick up their heels (or the pope) or whatever they want to do or we can do what we do now... destroy where we live annually and suffer the ill feeling that goes with it.

I lived through all their shite, their arrogance and their ignorance, I just give a shite about anything being palatable for them, i hope they are pissed off about not being able to march down certain streets, roads being blocked by their peelers, in short I hope the feckers are miserable during marching, I don't want them to drown in a lough however, that is a tad strong for me. :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

lawnseed

Quote from: stew on May 09, 2013, 09:54:13 PM

I lived through all their shite, their arrogance and their ignorance, I just give a shite about anything being palatable for them, i hope they are pissed off about not being able to march down certain streets, roads being blocked by their peelers, in short I hope the feckers are miserable during marching, I don't want them to drown in a lough however, that is a tad strong for me. :)
you havent commented on the idea of mega twelfth at the maze site, could you warm to the idea of them having a good time in the comfort of a properly organised orangefest

LeoMc

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 06, 2013, 11:31:19 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on May 06, 2013, 09:05:29 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 05, 2013, 11:50:29 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on May 04, 2013, 10:06:56 PM
this came up in a discussion with a couple of my orangey workmates about a week ago when i heard the armagh celebration was to be held in newtownhamilton south armagh. for those who don't know newtown is a narrow street where one car badly parked can bring the 'town' to a standstill. theres nothing to cater for a crowd of 100 never mind all of the armagh orange order. neither of the lads seemed too impressed with the venue.
i suggested the long kesh/maze site for a mega twelfth celebration where all the orangeys could meet up and have a real orange fest. hundreds of bands, hundreds of lodges, hundreds of chipvans/icecreamvans, funfairs, praying, bonnys.. and beer- barrels of the stuff.
it would be cheaper and less hassle for the ni executive to part fund this idea than to police hundreds of marches all over the place. the site is 350 acres well serviced by road and rail and bus. it would take some planning but could it work?
Well services by rail? Since when?
the railway runs right past it and has done for over a hundred years. the motorway also runs past it you may have noticed. i know this motorway lark doesnt sit well with many stoops since they havent managed to get speed bumps on to it yet but even at 60mph if you look north east from your vehicle from the m1 you'll see the kesh.
The railway is about a kilometer away 'as the crow flies'. The 'masterplan' for when the stadium was proposed referred to a rail link into the site. That's not in place now.

I never mentioned the motorway. I know exactly where the site is.
The railway runs right past all 3 airports and they can't manage to put stations in place for those.

Hereiam

I was in Markethill for the first time on Saturday as I was looking for a fridge dishwasher etc for the new house and Dazzells was mentioned to me.
I can tell you now I will take my money else where.
The amount of flags was unreal. I just couldn't wait to get out of the place as it just made me and the wife feel uneasy. I will take my business elsewhere as this town just doesn't deserve my money.

T Fearon

Aye go on into Portadown!

armaghniac

I argue for one twelfth, to be called 0.083333333 to make it more inclusive.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

Quote from: Hereiam on May 13, 2013, 10:59:01 AM
I was in Markethill for the first time on Saturday as I was looking for a fridge dishwasher etc for the new house and Dazzells was mentioned to me.
I can tell you now I will take my money else where.
The amount of flags was unreal. I just couldn't wait to get out of the place as it just made me and the wife feel uneasy. I will take my business elsewhere as this town just doesn't deserve my money.
jp electrics in keady supplies dalzells so he should be able to sort you out

stew

Quote from: lawnseed on May 09, 2013, 10:08:50 PM

you havent commented on the idea of mega twelfth at the maze site, could you warm to the idea of them having a good time in the comfort of a properly organised orangefest

If it stops people from living in fear and people getting hurt then I am all for it, I just never wanted to see them or hear them because I had no use for them.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

johnneycool

What would be the point in having a mega 'twelf' out at the maze, you can't annoy the shit out of anyone out there?

Would you still get to march past Ardoyne and the likes?

Do Ballynafeigh get to march down past the Lower Ormeau still or is that hit on the head?

Jeepers Creepers

They'll p*ss all over it, dig it up...find the spot that housed republicans and mock it. No real change then !?

lawnseed

Quote from: stew on May 14, 2013, 05:16:25 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on May 09, 2013, 10:08:50 PM

If it stops people from living in fear and people getting hurt then I am all for it, I just never wanted to see them or hear them because I had no use for them.
that was the idea. get them out of the streets and somewhere where they can go mad without doing any harm

imtommygunn

I think they only go to the bridge on ormeau road johnney. Sure they have donegall street where they can keep breaching conditions and get through now.