The Waterfront Hall

Started by BennyCake, December 27, 2012, 05:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

I'm heading to the Waterfront Hall in the new year for a show. I usually drive down, but thought of taking the train down this time, getting off at Central station.

Not entirely sure how far the two places are apart, but it seems quite near on google maps. Does anyone know how long it would take to walk from Central station to the Waterfront?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on December 27, 2012, 05:26:55 PM
I'm heading to the Waterfront Hall in the new year for a show. I usually drive down, but thought of taking the train down this time, getting off at Central station.

Not entirely sure how far the two places are apart, but it seems quite near on google maps. Does anyone know how long it would take to walk from Central station to the Waterfront?
2 mins

T Fearon

More than two minutes,nearer five.However Central Station late at night (for the return journey) isn't the best area.particularly in these tense times.Why not use Gt Victoria Street,its a straight ten minute walk down to the Waterfront, from there,through the City Centre (providing there's no protests at the back of the City Hall).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on December 27, 2012, 07:33:07 PM
More than two minutes,nearer five.However Central Station late at night (for the return journey) isn't the best area.particularly in these tense times.Why not use Gt Victoria Street,its a straight ten minute walk down to the Waterfront, from there,through the City Centre (providing there's no protests at the back of the City Hall).

Tense times?? Behave yourself FFS!!

Two minutes be plenty, you'd need to be a fat fooker with a limp to do it any slower! From Great Vic street it would be close to 15 minutes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

FFs Mo Farrah wouldn't do the Waterfront from Central Station,in two minutes! A brisk ten minute stroll would take any average mobility human being from Gt Victoria St to the Waterfront,it's 'more or less a straight line walk past the back of the City Hall! ;D

imtommygunn

With all due respect that's nonsense.

You hardly make yourself safer by walking well over twice as far!

Central station then cross the road, cross the footbridge and you're there. Easy. You cover no ground hardly at all and very few in that area to be bothering you anyway. The area is grand.

T Fearon

Albertbridge Road,late at night,in these times,interfacing with the Markets? No thanks,I'd much prefer the extra five minutes through to Gt Victoria Street....only my opinion!

imtommygunn

You only have to cross that road and you walk through as bad and worse coming from great victoria street. The most likely scene of any protests in the city centre area is city hall too.

It's a no brainer...

ONeill

Be sure to wave at Hardstation's immediate family under the Albert Clock.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Okay then 2-5 minutes depending on level of mobility and/or fitness ;).

Google maps says 0.2 miles with a 4 min walk. Personally I wouldn't countenance going to the Europa when Central is practically on the doorstep of the Waterfront.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Central Station, absolutely. Can't imagine any difficulties, cross the road and take the footbridge and you're at the Hilton Hotel, not far from there.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

T Fearon

As I say,it's all down to opinion.Central Station is nearer the Waterfront,but I never liked it or the area its in (it's East Belfast FFs!) and I wouldn't even fancy hanging around it at night waiting for a train,much less walking up the Albertbridge Road to get to it in the first place.Good luck,but to me Gt Victoria Street while a little bit further is an infinitely safer option.

T Fearon

Shane,what are you on? Accessing the waterfront from either Gt Victoria St or Central wouldn't take you within waving distance of the Albert Clock?

thewobbler

Quote from: T Fearon on December 27, 2012, 09:29:21 PM
As I say,it's all down to opinion.Central Station is nearer the Waterfront,but I never liked it or the area its in (it's East Belfast FFs!) and I wouldn't even fancy hanging around it at night waiting for a train,much less walking up the Albertbridge Road to get to it in the first place.Good luck,but to me Gt Victoria Street while a little bit further is an infinitely safer option.
Tony, even if you draped yourself in a tricolour you'd need the rarest dose of bad luck to get lynched between Central and Waterfront. You could hit a golf ball from one to the other, and nobody lives along the route, especially none of those darn loyalists.

Rois

Albertbridge Rd?? It's across a footbridge at the car park and in all my days when I worked in the box office in the Waterfront never did I hear of ANYTHING happening between the Waterfront and Central Station. All you do is cross the road, you're hardly walking 500 yards up it.

Where are you sitting? I'll tell you what your seats are like...