Sh*t just got real in Tyrone

Started by Don Johnson, November 27, 2012, 07:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

More paranoia??

Tyrone report rekindles Kerry rivalry
By John Fogarty
Tuesday, December 04, 2012
Tyrone secretary Dominic McCaughey stoked the flames of the county's rivalry with Kerry in his annual report.
The Red Hand official expressed shock at some of the Kerry players' elation following their third-round qualifier victory over Mickey Harte's side in Killarney last July.

Without mentioning Paul Galvin, McCaughey made reference to the former footballer of the year's emotional post-match interview with TV3, while making cryptic comments about Kerry's on-field behaviour.

"This game provided Kerry with the opportunity to exact revenge for defeats which many of its supporters and players had found it difficult to cope with," he wrote.

"Before a massive attendance — for a qualifier — of over 24,000 patrons, the players in green and gold showed that they would not be accepting a fourth championship defeat by the Red Hand county.

"Their desire to win was exemplified by urgency, intensity, skill, physicality and some other features not normally associated with Kerry players.

"Their ease of victory was accommodated by an out-of-sorts Tyrone side that failed to develop any fluency or pattern to its play, accompanied by a blunt forward division that could only manage a single point from play.

"In addition, both players and management were deeply frustrated by what they considered inadequate refereeing that lacked consistency and included some serious errors. When the final whistle sounded, Kerry had a 10-point winning margin that was greeted, amazingly, with tears of joy by some players and wild scenes of jubilation among highly vociferous supporters."

RTÉ come in for heavy criticism from both McCaughey and county PRO Damian Harvey with the former suggesting the station's Liveline programme may have prejudiced Tyrone club Derrytresk in their disciplinary case following the ugly All-Ireland club JFC semi-final against Dromid Pearses in January.

Arising from the Portlaoise game, Derrytresk had seven players suspended, received a €2,500 fine (after appeal) and were banned from representing Tyrone for five years.

"The Derrytresk players and officials accepted that they were to blame for some of the misbehaviour that occurred on the pitch and met the charges laid before them in a responsible manner, with the inevitable outcome of lengthy suspensions being imposed," McCaughey stated.

"However, the club was deeply disappointed that others who were involved in the fracas that took place were not dealt with in a similar manner. It was felt that some sections of the media took a less than impartial view of the acts of indiscipline in Portlaoise, with one broadcasting company even devoting part of a live phone-in programme to the junior championship game, which may well have jeopardised the club's right to a fair disciplinary hearing."

Meanwhile, Harvey confirmed nobody from Harte's team or management has any inclination of cooperating with RTÉ until the national broadcasters talk to Harte. Their decision dates back to a segment on RTÉ Radio One's The John Murray Show six months after the murder of Harte's daughter Michaela last year, a comedy sketch which RTÉ have insisted they apologised for. "My opinion as of 12 months ago is the decision not to communicate with RTÉ should remain the prerogative of the Tyrone senior football management team and players until RTÉ as an organisation take responsibility and have the decency to speak to Mickey Harte directly.

mackers

I see that Mickey Harte says he received a text message from Owen Mulligan at the end of this year's championship campaign informing him that he was retiring.  He seems a bit annoyed that Mugsy came out last week and said that Harte hadn't contacted him to see whether he was going to play this year. Communication levels not good there.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

screenexile

Quote from: Declan on December 04, 2012, 03:05:37 PM
More paranoia??

Tyrone report rekindles Kerry rivalry
By John Fogarty
Tuesday, December 04, 2012
Tyrone secretary Dominic McCaughey stoked the flames of the county's rivalry with Kerry in his annual report.
The Red Hand official expressed shock at some of the Kerry players' elation following their third-round qualifier victory over Mickey Harte's side in Killarney last July.

Without mentioning Paul Galvin, McCaughey made reference to the former footballer of the year's emotional post-match interview with TV3, while making cryptic comments about Kerry's on-field behaviour.

"This game provided Kerry with the opportunity to exact revenge for defeats which many of its supporters and players had found it difficult to cope with," he wrote.

"Before a massive attendance — for a qualifier — of over 24,000 patrons, the players in green and gold showed that they would not be accepting a fourth championship defeat by the Red Hand county.

"Their desire to win was exemplified by urgency, intensity, skill, physicality and some other features not normally associated with Kerry players.

"Their ease of victory was accommodated by an out-of-sorts Tyrone side that failed to develop any fluency or pattern to its play, accompanied by a blunt forward division that could only manage a single point from play.

"In addition, both players and management were deeply frustrated by what they considered inadequate refereeing that lacked consistency and included some serious errors. When the final whistle sounded, Kerry had a 10-point winning margin that was greeted, amazingly, with tears of joy by some players and wild scenes of jubilation among highly vociferous supporters."

RTÉ come in for heavy criticism from both McCaughey and county PRO Damian Harvey with the former suggesting the station's Liveline programme may have prejudiced Tyrone club Derrytresk in their disciplinary case following the ugly All-Ireland club JFC semi-final against Dromid Pearses in January.

Arising from the Portlaoise game, Derrytresk had seven players suspended, received a €2,500 fine (after appeal) and were banned from representing Tyrone for five years.

"The Derrytresk players and officials accepted that they were to blame for some of the misbehaviour that occurred on the pitch and met the charges laid before them in a responsible manner, with the inevitable outcome of lengthy suspensions being imposed," McCaughey stated.

"However, the club was deeply disappointed that others who were involved in the fracas that took place were not dealt with in a similar manner. It was felt that some sections of the media took a less than impartial view of the acts of indiscipline in Portlaoise, with one broadcasting company even devoting part of a live phone-in programme to the junior championship game, which may well have jeopardised the club's right to a fair disciplinary hearing."

Meanwhile, Harvey confirmed nobody from Harte's team or management has any inclination of cooperating with RTÉ until the national broadcasters talk to Harte. Their decision dates back to a segment on RTÉ Radio One's The John Murray Show six months after the murder of Harte's daughter Michaela last year, a comedy sketch which RTÉ have insisted they apologised for. "My opinion as of 12 months ago is the decision not to communicate with RTÉ should remain the prerogative of the Tyrone senior football management team and players until RTÉ as an organisation take responsibility and have the decency to speak to Mickey Harte directly.

Jesus . . . is there any need for that?!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: mackers on December 07, 2012, 02:11:03 PM
I see that Mickey Harte says he received a text message from Owen Mulligan at the end of this year's championship campaign informing him that he was retiring.  He seems a bit annoyed that Mugsy came out last week and said that Harte hadn't contacted him to see whether he was going to play this year. Communication levels not good there.

I thought Mugsy saying he's not the sort of fella you would go for a pint with was class!! Chalk and cheese those men.

rrhf

What more communication do you want?  Facebook, Twitter? Mulligan tells I News on Monday he will ring Harte on Wednesday.  Harte tells said paper on Friday he received said phonecall as mentioned in press by Mulligan on Monday and referred to retirement text message sent in August by Mugsy.  My take on this was that Mulligan had retired himself last year so in a way that was that for Mickey who had knew he had to slice through the panel anyway so in a way Mugsy was helping him make that decision, so it was up to Mulligan to reinstigate communication.   Glad to see the door still open though as I would expect it would also be for the guys who have now officially been "dropped" if they were to improve their game and also any other form club players in Tyrone next year. Tyrone need form players not panel players.
Listen its silly season so I wouldnt pay too much heed. 

Boghopper

Wish Tyrone County Board had spoken out about the hyperbole in Portlaoise at the time as who knows four lads may have been allowed to play in an All Ireland Final instead of sitting in the stand.  The cheap antics of a bundle of buck edjuts who were so enraged that they hadn't reached All Ireland Final decided that as they couldn't win on the field that it was time to hit the airwaves and release footage of the incident. They made the case that they were out to highlight that this behaviour should not be tolerated (nor should fighting be tolerated by the authorities) whilst in actual fact they were so determined to derail our opportunity of winning the All Ireland that they actually incriminated themselves. The reality was this  incident involved one mentor and three players from each team the remainder were peacemakers. The simple solution was ban wrongdoers and fine both clubs but instead the media which hunt/Brianwashing resulted in ridiculous suspensions. I have the greatest respect to Clonbur (who were absolute gentlemen) I think we would have beaten them had those players been available. Tyrone County board told the club to stay quiet and to deal with this by going down the proper channels and admit your wrondoing. This is what the club did and how were they treated they were slammed and pathetic Dromid laughed all the way to Kerry. Am I bitter about Dromid, well the simple answer is yes, I wouldn't be annoyed if I heard they folded I am also annoyed by the lack of support of our County Board  at the time, the Kerry County Board had Dromid Pearses back almost immediately. Its nine months too late to have our back now lads! Rant over.