justice my arse..!!!

Started by lawnseed, November 19, 2012, 09:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: LeoMc on November 23, 2012, 11:17:03 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on November 23, 2012, 09:32:36 PM
3million of taxpayers pension funds go missing during a huge selloff as well as the 750 thousand commission for doing the deal. not to worry the money was returned and the culprits are no longer with the company.. its fraud pure fraud. the guards have been informed.. will any arresteds be made.. warrants issued? wait and see

??
ah jeez... our great government decided to sell 3 billions worth of bonds (probably to give to some krout) they employed a broker who as well as charging 750 grand for doing the deal also syphoned off almost 3 million of our money. it took a while but eventually the numpties we voted for noticed the missing money and now they have put in a complaint to the stock exchange and a file to the guards. the company in question have issued a statement saying they returned the money and the bad employees are no longer with the company. thats justice my arse
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Hardy

Em ... the guards have no powers of arrest in London.

lawnseed

Quote from: Hardy on November 24, 2012, 12:15:47 PM
Em ... the guards have no powers of arrest in London.

the guards do work with interpol and dont say they dont work with the brits. the point is will they act or will this be swept under the carpet? i'll wager we never hear another word about it
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Main Street

The Stock Exchange??
In the UK,  company fraud would be a matter for the FSA's  Enforcement and Financial Crime Division

Going by past form, paying back the amount in question and a fine, is regarded as punishment for what amounts to an admitted attempt at fraud by the company. 2 senior executives had left the company even though they had not profited personally. The company was the beneficiary and the wrongdoer.
The £3m fraud was a relatively crude plan and required an absence of very basic accounting scrutiny at the NTMA in order for it to succeed.
It was only by accident that they unwittingly stumbled upon it.
Yet State institutions still continue to deal with these self confessed  fraudsters whose trail is littered with scams. As the UK broker company admits itself that it has engaged in illicit practices such as 'application of a commission that had not been expressly agreed with the client'

In a recent case where a JC Flowers' CEO did engage in defrauding £1.5m for personal gain through fraudulent invoicing, was found out, pleaded guilty had to pay back the £1.5m plus a fine of £1.5m
The (by now) ex-CEO was already bankrupt. No jail time, even in the event of non payment.

Pretty much, in order to get jail time in the UK, a crooked crew would have to be caught redhanded in a boiler room scam, have defrauded tens of millions from people and have spent/hidden it all.

Main Street

Dickensian era -  renewed and vigourous.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/six-gardai-sent-to-arrest-mum-for-unpaid-fine-at-3am-3323199.html

Six gardai sent to arrest mum for unpaid fine at 3am

SIX gardai called to the home of a mother just before 3am to arrest her and bring her to prison over an unpaid €250 traffic fine

The case arose after the Limerick woman was allegedly caught using a mobile phone while driving in 2010.
However, she insists she was not aware of the initial fine or proceedings in the District Court last May when she was convicted and fined €250. When the court fine was left unpaid, a penal warrant was subsequently issued and forwarded to gardai.
The mother, who lives in a halting site in Limerick, spoke after the court sitting on condition of anonymity.
Last Wednesday morning, gardai arrived at her home just before 3am.
"It was about 2.45am and they knocked at my back door and they had flash lamps and at first I didn't know who it was," she said.
"Then when I opened the door, it was the guards – about six of them.
"When they walked in, they asked us what our names were because my sister was there as well and my mam was in bed and my baby was in bed.
"When they came in then, they said, 'There is a warrant for your arrest'.
"I asked them for what and they said for a mobile phone," she said.
The woman pleaded with the officers not to bring her to prison because of her three-month-old son.
She told gardai she would sort it out that week.

"I said I was not going up to the prison – no way.

"They were fair enough about it, but it was the hour of the morning that was upsetting," she said.

Last Friday, her solicitor Sarah Ryan made an application in Limerick District Court to extend time to allow an appeal.

Granting the application, Judge O'Kelly said he hoped there was some "extraordinary" reason for the gardai attempting to execute the penal warrant at that time of the morning.

Insp John Deasy said it was "not the normal practice" and told the court there may have been specific reasons as to why it was done at that time but did not identify what they were.

"They (penal warrants) should not be executed after midnight or before 7am," Judge O'Kelly added.