Donegal v Tyrone Ulster Championship

Started by give her dixie, October 04, 2012, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this but is it not about time Mickey Harte got asked some serious hard questions about decision making? The whole things gone stale IMO.

armaghniac

Armagh and Tyrone should swap managers. Freshen things up a bit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

babarino

It wasn't easy for the Tyronies to be beaten by Donegal for the 3rd consecutive time, but they took their beating well and shook hands after the game.

This was a good day for gaelic football.

orangeman

Quote from: muppet on May 26, 2013, 09:04:17 PM
No binding at all!

Take the goalie out of this and you've 9 out of the 14 players. More like a pack of wolves.

Donegal's strength and conditioning was a sight to behold today.

Jinxy

Stevie O'Neill fairly bounced off one of the McGees when he tried to hit him a shoulder in the first half.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jinxy on May 27, 2013, 01:11:48 AM
Stevie O'Neill fairly bounced off one of the McGees when he tried to hit him a shoulder in the first half.
This?

drici

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 27, 2013, 01:20:56 AM

Class - going to be missing now for the Comórtas unfortunately at the weekend.
The wee man who fell over there did get a good point in the match though.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 27, 2013, 12:28:59 AM
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this but is it not about time Mickey Harte got asked some serious hard questions about decision making? The whole things gone stale IMO.

Agree. I've been saying for 2-3 years (I know he's had his troubles, but based on football alone), that he#s ran out of ideas, and I also think he's been overly loyal to his 2005 stalwarts for too long, and hindered the development of the next group of players.

Truth be told, I am not sure if the next group will/ would deliver, but they need to be tested.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

cadhlancian

Quote from: TY14ED on May 26, 2013, 09:23:02 PM
Got to hand it to Jimmy he is a very focussed man & has certainly worked wonders with Donegal. As for Tyrone, we can play some great football but by God do we need to get smarter. Allowed Donegal to dictate the pace, let them bully us round free kicks & didn't buy frees when thy gave us so many chances with their forearm tackles. How many times did they con the ref with dives and we allowed them by leaving an arm in or letting them cut across us and then throw themselves to the ground.
My god do we need to get a nasty streak back- our teams of 03' 05 08 wouldnt have stood for the bullsiht that went on today. M Murphy constantly gubbing & influencing the ref... Why wasn't he thumped? Allowing Morgan to take that abuse when kicking frees... Fcuk sake lads start a ruckus or something. McQuillan the prune couldn't handle it so why did we stand back & take it. We need to get game smart or we'll continue to get bullied. It will be a long time before a ref & his officials are capable of controlling a team like Donegal so lets get this sorted in the qualifiers.
+100

Syferus

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 27, 2013, 02:00:55 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 27, 2013, 12:28:59 AM

Agree. I've been saying for 2-3 years (I know he's had his troubles, but based on football alone), that he#s ran out of ideas, and I also think he's been overly loyal to his 2005 stalwarts for too long, and hindered the development of the next group of players.

Truth be told, I am not sure if the next group will/ would deliver, but they need to be tested.

Seriously guys, you should sack Mickey and send him our way. It's the least ye can do after the last two years.

The Beard

Typical of this board that instead of marvelling at the pace, power and skill of the donegal team as a whole, we have people on here talking about who's fans were the worst. As a tyrone fan myself, cant stand most tyrone supporters, especially the tyrone fans that arent affiliated to any club, even worse if they are women, nothing worse. embarrassing at times in the league. but all teams are the same so wouldnt worry.

as regards the game, tyrone arent good enough, havent been for a few years. sheer fitness got them through the league and masked alot of issues but shown up again again and again come championship by top 3-4 teams. defence has no decent man markers, too many average footballers in middle 8, and stevie o, our main marksman isnt the player he was (and by that i mean, he's still good but not the same player who couldve guaranteed you 4-5pnts in a tight game a few years ago).

The gaa has never seen a team like Donegal before. Absolute animals. the work gone into them is a credit to them and the association. Will be interesting to see how quick the wheels come off the wagon once they get beat but

nrico2006

Again, Tyrone too blunt up front, not enough forwards who are either willing or have the speed to take on their man when they get the ball.  Our defence was very open, in comparison with Donegals, and this allowed McBrearty a one on one with Carlin for the second goal.  Why was there so much space?  There were quite a few times in the second half that Tyrones half of the pitch was wide open, surely its a given in this day and age that the half your defending needs to be severly populated by bodies in the way that Donegal had lined out.  Tyrone had shut down their half well last year against Donegal but ever since there have been games when it has been wide open, especially in the league this year.  People can say what they want, but it is time for a new manager with new ideas and a new direction.  Mickey has ran out of ideas and the way the team is organised and plays needs changed.  We have done nothing in 4 seasons, and most other managers would be on their bike if they had been over a team that has achieved so little in so many years. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hound

Just like Morgan got too much praise for his Dublin performance he'll get too much criticism for this performance. Missing had nothing to do with "Donegal fans getting into his head". Against Dublin he was the very same, lepping about when he scored, bouncing back to his goal, gesticulating with his arms. All good fun. If the crowd are trying to put him off (as they were in Croker and Ballybofey) then he's every right in my book to give a bit back. All good banter, I'd say he's a mad yoke, a good character.

The main reason he was far more successful v the Dubs was that kicks were that little bit easier. The 5 he got v the Dubs I think were all just about perfect for him, all around the 45m line and most just left of centre. Whereas the one he missed was right of centre.  Against Donegal a lot of the balls were either on the right hand side or those few crucial metres further out.

I don't think there's ever been a player in the history of the game who could score 4 or 5 points every game from 45 metres and further out, so it was ridiculous to expect young Morgan to be the first. But I'm sure he'll be back to normal service of 2 or 3 per game.

Very impressed with Donegal. Defending champions doesn't look like it'll be a tag that hurts them, just like the favourites tag doesn't bother them in the slightest either.

seafoid

Quote from: Hound on May 27, 2013, 09:06:42 AM
Just like Morgan got too much praise for his Dublin performance he'll get too much criticism for this performance. Missing had nothing to do with "Donegal fans getting into his head". Against Dublin he was the very same, lepping about when he scored, bouncing back to his goal, gesticulating with his arms. All good fun. If the crowd are trying to put him off (as they were in Croker and Ballybofey) then he's every right in my book to give a bit back. All good banter, I'd say he's a mad yoke, a good character.

The main reason he was far more successful v the Dubs was that kicks were that little bit easier. The 5 he got v the Dubs I think were all just about perfect for him, all around the 45m line and most just left of centre. Whereas the one he missed was right of centre.  Against Donegal a lot of the balls were either on the right hand side or those few crucial metres further out.

I don't think there's ever been a player in the history of the game who could score 4 or 5 points every game from 45 metres and further out, so it was ridiculous to expect young Morgan to be the first. But I'm sure he'll be back to normal service of 2 or 3 per game.

Very impressed with Donegal. Defending champions doesn't look like it'll be a tag that hurts them, just like the favourites tag doesn't bother them in the slightest either.
It was a bit like that young rugby player who lost the Scotland match