Previous topic - Next topic

BluestackBoy

Quote from: take_yer_points on May 11, 2013, 06:43:24 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 10, 2013, 08:35:55 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 10, 2013, 08:31:05 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 10, 2013, 04:46:58 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 10, 2013, 04:11:21 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 10, 2013, 02:17:59 PM
The main problem from Donegal's point of view is that Clones geographically turns the game into a home tie for Tyrone.

Think about that again. Your definition of "geographically" is HUGELY different from mine.

Just what is YOUR definition then? :)

Clones is "geographically" in Monaghan.

It's also geographically closer to Tyrone than Donegal.

So presumably then the year Tyrone gave up home advantage to play the first round Ulster Championship tie in Croke against Armagh actually constituted Tyrone giving home advantage to Armagh - because after all, geographically Armagh is closer to Croke Park

If they did that's their business. What anyone has to ask is why would Donegal give up home advantage to go to Clones which is geographically much closer to Tyrone and give their supporters a much longer & more expensive day. Why would they do all this to accomodate neutrals & fairweathers who couldnt be bothered to go to Omagh for their recent league game. The match is on T.V. which should accomodate both neutrals & fairweathers.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

take_yer_points

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 11, 2013, 11:00:24 AM
The main problem from Donegal's point of view is that Clones geographically turns the game into a home tie for Tyrone.

Think about that again. Your definition of "geographically" is HUGELY different from mine.

So presumably then the year Tyrone gave up home advantage to play the first round Ulster Championship tie in Croke against Armagh actually constituted Tyrone giving home advantage to Armagh - because after all, geographically Armagh is closer to Croke Park

If they did that's their business. What anyone has to ask is why would Donegal give up home advantage to go to Clones which is geographically much closer to Tyrone and give their supporters a much longer & more expensive day. Why would they do all this to accomodate neutrals & fairweathers who couldnt be bothered to go to Omagh for their recent league game. The match is on T.V. which should accomodate both neutrals & fairweathers.

I couldn't care less where the match is. I was pointing out the absurdity of saying having the match in Clones turns it into a home match for Tyrone.

By that rationale, Armagh were playing at home when they played against Tyrone in Croke Park

BennyHarp

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 11, 2013, 11:00:24 AM

Will all Donegal fans who want to go get a ticket?
That was never a square ball!!

J70

I said no such thing. The issue was over the word "geographical"! I simply said Clones gives an advantage to Tyrone supporters in terms of ease of access. It's just another reason for Donegal to want to hold on to their home advantage.

take_yer_points

Quote from: J70 on May 11, 2013, 11:58:33 AM

I said no such thing. The issue was over the word "geographical"! I simply said Clones gives an advantage to Tyrone supporters in terms of ease of access. It's just another reason for Donegal to want to hold on to their home advantage.

It was aimed at Bluestackboy where he said about turning it into a home tie for Tyrone. It's obviously no such thing

never kickt a ball

I'm looking forward to the replay in Clones (or Omagh).

donegal lad

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 11, 2013, 04:40:20 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 11, 2013, 01:07:46 AM
Tyrone happy enough with,  some of the supporters no! but there is serious crying about this game been ticketed when this was obvious the minute the fixture was announced this would happen. If only 17.5k went last yr why everybody looking to go to this one,

Take it as a compliment - I know it's been a long time for you fellas but being All Ireland Champions changes things. You are there to be shot at and Tyrone going into the game on the back of an encouraging league feel they have a good chance of toppling the champs in round one. Whether they do or not, remains to be seen but it has the makings of a classic. If you honestly can't see how that makes for a game and atmosphere that people want to be part of then you really are a bit clueless. Remember "nothing beats being there" We experienced this in 2009 and moved the game for the benefit of all. My only surprise is that Donegal fans are happy with this. I'd much prefer to travel a few hours to watch a game than not be able to watch a game on my doorstep. Where are the 20 odd thousand you took to Croker last September? Surely, the fair weathered amongst you haven't disappeared already?
The league game in omagh still only attracted 9000 (Christ I remember the McKenna cup final in 04 between the teams and was nearly 9000 at it) ballybofey will hold 17500 which would of been grand if the allocation was spilt 50/50 and not do what ulster council has done and allocated all other counties in ulster tickets . Must be some amount of fair weather fans appearing in Tyrone last couple of weeks amount of crying being done over tickets were was all these people for the league game or the semi final games last 2 years which were played in a half full clones

BennyHarp

Quote from: donegal lad on May 11, 2013, 12:17:13 PM
Tyrone happy enough with,  some of the supporters no! but there is serious crying about this game been ticketed when this was obvious the minute the fixture was announced this would happen. If only 17.5k went last yr why everybody looking to go to this one,

Take it as a compliment - I know it's been a long time for you fellas but being All Ireland Champions changes things. You are there to be shot at and Tyrone going into the game on the back of an encouraging league feel they have a good chance of toppling the champs in round one. Whether they do or not, remains to be seen but it has the makings of a classic. If you honestly can't see how that makes for a game and atmosphere that people want to be part of then you really are a bit clueless. Remember "nothing beats being there" We experienced this in 2009 and moved the game for the benefit of all. My only surprise is that Donegal fans are happy with this. I'd much prefer to travel a few hours to watch a game than not be able to watch a game on my doorstep. Where are the 20 odd thousand you took to Croker last September? Surely, the fair weathered amongst you haven't disappeared already?
The league game in omagh still only attracted 9000 (Christ I remember the McKenna cup final in 04 between the teams and was nearly 9000 at it) ballybofey will hold 17500 which would of been grand if the allocation was spilt 50/50 and not do what ulster council has done and allocated all other counties in ulster tickets . Must be some amount of fair weather fans appearing in Tyrone last couple of weeks amount of crying being done over tickets were was all these people for the league game or the semi final games last 2 years which were played in a half full clones

So how's the 20 odd thousand Donegal fans who went to Croker last September going to fit in to Ballybofey?
That was never a square ball!!

BluestackBoy

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 11, 2013, 01:00:48 PM
Quote from: donegal lad on May 11, 2013, 12:17:13 PM

So how's the 20 odd thousand Donegal fans who went to Croker last September going to fit in to Ballybofey?

They won't, such is life.

heffo

Looking forward to this. Should be a great atmosphere in a packed stadium.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: heffo on May 11, 2013, 01:23:26 PM

Good God Heffo, such positivity has no place on this thread ;) ;) ;)

heffo

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 11, 2013, 01:47:47 PM

Games like this are what the championship is all about - sterilised games in Croke park lose their appeal very quick when you're playing there all the time!

rodney trotter

Quote from: heffo on May 11, 2013, 01:59:15 PM

Games like this are what the championship is all about - sterilised games in Croke park lose their appeal very quick when you're playing there all the time!

Dublin play all the League games there aswell ,so it must be very Boring alright...

heffo

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 11, 2013, 02:03:33 PM

Dublin play all the League games there aswell ,so it must be very Boring alright...

Don't want to bring thread off-topic, but yeah - you get a pain in your hole with the place. Would much prefer to be heading to Cusack Park or Navan etc for Leinster games.

rodney trotter

Quote from: heffo on May 11, 2013, 02:05:03 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on May 11, 2013, 02:03:33 PM

Don't want to bring thread off-topic, but yeah - you get a pain in your hole with the place. Would much prefer to be heading to Cusack Park or Navan etc for Leinster games.

be grand for a League final and things like that. Probaly an advantage for the Dubs going into the Leinster Championship, getting more game time earlier in the year. Up to other teams to get over that aspect I suppose.