2012 county hurling championships

Started by joe bloggs, September 16, 2012, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clootfromthe21

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on February 06, 2013, 05:52:08 PM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on February 06, 2013, 05:25:57 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 08, 2013, 10:16:54 PM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on January 01, 2013, 09:53:46 PM
I'd expect Thurles Sars to come through easily enough as Kilcormac are no great shakes.
I'm not sure how good Loughiel really are. I was watching a repeat of last year's club final today and they were lucky enough. They got the rub of the green a few times at crucial times.
You're right. Jammy feckers! Game won in first half. Only winning by 8 points.

::)
The way the match went was this. Coolderry came out and looked the better team and were slowly building up a lead.
Loughiel hit them for a couple of fortunate goals against the run of play.
Coolderry did what Offaly teams do at the first sign of trouble and fell apart.

Dont know what match you were watching Premier Emperor, but the way the first half went was this:

1. Loughgiel scored first, Coolderry equalised and then went a point up.

2. Loughgiel then score the first goal 6 minutes in to go up 1-1 to 0-2

3. Loughgiel go 1-3 to 0-3 up.

4. Coolderry bring it back to level, 1-3 to 0-6.

5. Watson gets his first goal on 18 minutes for Loughgiel, who go 2-4 to 0-6 up.

Sorry bout that, hit a wrong button!

6. On 28 minutes, its Loughgiel 2-6 to 0-8.

7. On 29 minutes, Watson gets his second goal and Loughgiel's third.

8. On 30 minutes, Watson gets his third goal and Loughgiel's fourth.

9. At halftime, its Loughgiel 4-6 to 0-9 and the game is over.

From the above, dont know how you can say

"The way the match went was this. Coolderry came out and looked the better team and were slowly building up a lead.
Loughgiel hit them for a couple of fortunate goals against the run of play."

mouview

Quote from: Premier Emperor on February 06, 2013, 05:32:59 PM
Big weekend in club hurling ahead of us.
I feel the Sars could really put up a score against Kilcormac if they get half a chance.
They have been racking up huge scores in challenge games.

Loughiel should have enough expereince to see off St Thomas'.

They'll have the edge in experience alright, but a lot of good hurling in this Thomas' team - the Galway's AI campaign from last year should stand to their county contingent also.

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on February 06, 2013, 08:42:26 PM
I feel the Sars could really put up a score against Kilcormac if they get half a chance.

They'll have the edge in experience alright, but a lot of good hurling in this Thomas' team - the Galway's AI campaign from last year should stand to their county contingent also.
won't it be the same for the Thurles lads? 

north aontroim gael

I'd expect Thurles Sars to come through easily enough as Kilcormac are no great shakes.
I'm not sure how good Loughiel really are. I was watching a repeat of last year's club final today and they were lucky enough. They got the rub of the green a few times at crucial times.

The way the match went was this. Coolderry came out and looked the better team and were slowly building up a lead.Loughiel hit them for a couple of fortunate goals against the run of play.

Slowly building up a lead of 0-02 to 0-01?!  The only time they were in front.

Loughgiel comfortably the better team.  Coolderry came out in the second half and closed the gap to 5 points and if they were the better team they would of drove on from there.  Loughgiel upped it again and won eased down by 9 points.  History now though.

Looking forward to the weekend.

johnneycool

I was fairly impressed with St Thomas' in the Galway final in what looked like awful conditions and Loughgeil will need to make sure Richie Murray doesn't get a sniff of it as he'll go for goals, so big McGarry and Dee Dee will need to be on their toes.

Loughgeil will rightly be confident of progressing but they'll need to reach the same heights they did last February and March to get over the line.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 07, 2013, 09:53:18 AM

I was fairly impressed with St Thomas' in the Galway final in what looked like awful conditions and Loughgeil will need to make sure Richie Murray doesn't get a sniff of it as he'll go for goals, so big McGarry and Dee Dee will need to be on their toes.

Loughgeil will rightly be confident of progressing but they'll need to reach the same heights they did last February and March to get over the line.

So looking forward to both semi finals this weekend and fair play to TG4 for showing both, will have them recorded, Parnell should be in good enough nick and the more I read about the St Thomas's team the better they become FFS. As said Richie Murray in his days on the Galway team was a great hurler and will be a big handfull for any defender. The make up of the team is like all parish's 3/4 sets of brothers all playing together and pulling hard in the one direction.

Think the bookies have it right with them being close in the odds. I'm hoping Loughgiel win out in the end and Watson to be on the end of some goals with Casey chipping in also. Have read nothing on their build up though, while Thurles have been racking up big scores in their games. The Offaly team will no doubt relish the challenge and put Thurles out. I expect at least on shock in the two games, which one will it be?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

The way the match went was this. Coolderry came out and looked the better team and were slowly building up a lead.
Loughiel hit them for a couple of fortunate goals against the run of play.
I disagree. There was nothing fortunate about any of the goals. One could maybe make an argument of poor goal keeping for the second goal but it still had to be put away, the others were taken well. The only time Coolderry were on top was for the first 10  minutes of the second half where they scored 4 or 5 points on the trot. Coolderry only scored 1 more point in the second half than Loughgiel and both teams scored 17 times. We just happened to score 4 goals, nothing fortunate about it. Those the breaks my friend.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2013, 11:44:39 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 07, 2013, 09:53:18 AM

So looking forward to both semi finals this weekend and fair play to TG4 for showing both, will have them recorded, Parnell should be in good enough nick and the more I read about the St Thomas's team the better they become FFS. As said Richie Murray in his days on the Galway team was a great hurler and will be a big handfull for any defender. The make up of the team is like all parish's 3/4 sets of brothers all playing together and pulling hard in the one direction.

Think the bookies have it right with them being close in the odds. I'm hoping Loughgiel win out in the end and Watson to be on the end of some goals with Casey chipping in also. Have read nothing on their build up though, while Thurles have been racking up big scores in their games. The Offaly team will no doubt relish the challenge and put Thurles out. I expect at least on shock in the two games, which one will it be?
We're moseying along nicely MR2. All fit and raring to go.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theticklemister

Were the players pucking about there during the anthems???

Portlaoise looking in some nick.

theticklemister

Is this the first time tnag has shown the wee yellow under the name of the team to indicate a yellow card???

theticklemister

Thurles -6..........

This offaly team are something else!!

AZOffaly

Pity for Thurles that KK didn't do what "Offaly teams do at the first sign of trouble". PE stick that one up your arse.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: theticklemister on February 09, 2013, 03:17:46 PM
Thurles -6..........

This offaly team are something else!!
The beauty of club hurling predictions are very hard at this stage of the competition. Could very well be KK vs St Thomas final yet. Hope I'm wrong though. Loughiel are playing a lovely brand of hurling at the moment. The diagonal balls mixed with the doubling and the ground hurling is not only easy on the eye but it provides loads of ammo for the forwards. Lets see...

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 09, 2013, 03:23:13 PM
Pity for Thurles that KK didn't do what "Offaly teams do at the first sign of trouble". PE stick that one up your arse.

Very unlike a Tipp hurling fan to be arrogant.

mouview

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 09, 2013, 03:40:28 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 09, 2013, 03:23:13 PM

Very unlike a Tipp hurling fan to be arrogant.

You can always rely on them to be undone by their hubris!