2012 county hurling championships

Started by joe bloggs, September 16, 2012, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

bp

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2012, 08:12:43 PM
Quote from: Last Man on November 26, 2012, 09:29:53 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2012, 05:25:18 PM
Decent final, Thurles could get caught out if they keep leaving things late, time may run out on them. Hard luck De La Salle, had that been the Galway final your man would have stayed on the pitch :o

With the other final off till next week I hope the weather doesn't get worse and spoil a great encounter.

Redser still part of the panel, scored a great point when he came on
DLS probably smarting from the penalty not given mid 2nd half where the ref gave a free out :o
Had they got the goal at that time they might have nicked it.

Yeah looking back at that I'd say he was pretty unlucky not to get a penalty, though the referee was consistant with players not releasing the ball and blowing up for over carrying, whether he was right or not.

As a forward in my latter years I'd be very disappointed Last Man if I didn't win a penalty of you for same incident :P

Undoubtedly a penalty, DLS's failure to convert their goal chances - they had about seven not including the penalty, cost them dearly. It would have been interesting to see how Thurles would have responded if they'd converted more than the one goal opportunity. 

How will O-TB fare against Ballyhale ?....They went within an ace of beating them a couple of years back, and you's have fancied them to beat Coolderry last year, but...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bp on November 29, 2012, 05:33:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2012, 08:12:43 PM
Quote from: Last Man on November 26, 2012, 09:29:53 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2012, 05:25:18 PM
Decent final, Thurles could get caught out if they keep leaving things late, time may run out on them. Hard luck De La Salle, had that been the Galway final your man would have stayed on the pitch :o

With the other final off till next week I hope the weather doesn't get worse and spoil a great encounter.

Redser still part of the panel, scored a great point when he came on
DLS probably smarting from the penalty not given mid 2nd half where the ref gave a free out :o
Had they got the goal at that time they might have nicked it.

Yeah looking back at that I'd say he was pretty unlucky not to get a penalty, though the referee was consistant with players not releasing the ball and blowing up for over carrying, whether he was right or not.

As a forward in my latter years I'd be very disappointed Last Man if I didn't win a penalty of you for same incident :P

Undoubtedly a penalty, DLS's failure to convert their goal chances - they had about seven not including the penalty, cost them dearly. It would have been interesting to see how Thurles would have responded if they'd converted more than the one goal opportunity. 

How will O-TB fare against Ballyhale ?....They went within an ace of beating them a couple of years back, and you's have fancied them to beat Coolderry last year, but...

Purely based on how well OTB have faired over the years in this competition, Coolderry were eventually found out by a very good Loughgiel team.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

OTB are surely one of the most inconsistent teams at this level. To beat Ballyhale shamrocks one week and then loose to the Offaly champions the next. Perhaps the Offaly championship doesn't get the credit it deserves after having the last two leinster champions. Thurles will see this as a big opportunity to make the All Ireland final.

AZOffaly

Not sure why the Offaly champions would be expected to roll over for the Wexford Champions? Birr, of course, Coolderry and Tullamore have all acquitted themselves reasonably well or better in recent years, and KK are simply keeping that run going.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on December 09, 2012, 06:25:26 PM
OTB are surely one of the most consistent teams at this level. To beat Ballyhale shamrocks one week and then loose to the Offaly champions the next. Perhaps the Offaly championship doesn't get the credit it deserves after having the last two leinster champions. Thurles will see this as a big opportunity to make the All Ireland final.

Thurles are 8/11 to win, think that price is is too short, they may win it considering the team they have but there are times in the their last few games where they have went to sleep to only wake up with 5 minutes to go. Loughiel and St Thomas's are both 7/2 and
Kilcormac/K are 7/1

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

I fancy whoever comes through from the Loughgiel side of the draw but feel that game may be too close too call. Evenly matched teams is what you want at this stage of the competition, and no easy wins like last year.....

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 09, 2012, 07:39:27 PM
Not sure why the Offaly champions would be expected to roll over for the Wexford Champions? Birr, of course, Coolderry and Tullamore have all acquitted themselves reasonably well or better in recent years, and KK are simply keeping that run going.
A Wexford team (nor anyone else outside of Kilkenny and Offaly) hasn't won a Leinster since Rathnure in 1998.
Since then the titles have gone 8 to Kilkenny and 6 to Offaly. So in that context the rush to present OTB with the cup after beating Ballyhale was a little hasty. They did enough to be slight favourites, but nothing beyond that.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on December 09, 2012, 09:24:37 PM
I fancy whoever comes through from the Loughgiel side of the draw but feel that game may be too close too call. Evenly matched teams is what you want at this stage of the competition, and no easy wins like last year.....
both semis were supposed to be one sided last year, according to the experts, just not the way they turned out. same for the final.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Premier Emperor

I'd expect Thurles Sars to come through easily enough as Kilcormac are no great shakes.
I'm not sure how good Loughiel really are. I was watching a repeat of last year's club final today and they were lucky enough. They got the rub of the green a few times at crucial times.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Premier Emperor on January 01, 2013, 09:53:46 PM
I'd expect Thurles Sars to come through easily enough as Kilcormac are no great shakes.
I'm not sure how good Loughiel really are. I was watching a repeat of last year's club final today and they were lucky enough. They got the rub of the green a few times at crucial times.
You're right. Jammy feckers! Game won in first half. Only winning by 8 points.

::)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Are you sure you watched last years final?

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 08, 2013, 10:16:54 PM

The way the match went was this. Coolderry came out and looked the better team and were slowly building up a lead.
Loughiel hit them for a couple of fortunate goals against the run of play.
Coolderry did what Offaly teams do at the first sign of trouble and fell apart.

Premier Emperor

Big weekend in club hurling ahead of us.
I feel the Sars could really put up a score against Kilcormac if they get half a chance.
They have been racking up huge scores in challenge games.

Loughiel should have enough expereince to see off St Thomas'.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Premier Emperor on February 06, 2013, 05:25:57 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 08, 2013, 10:16:54 PM

The way the match went was this. Coolderry came out and looked the better team and were slowly building up a lead.
Loughiel hit them for a couple of fortunate goals against the run of play.
Coolderry did what Offaly teams do at the first sign of trouble and fell apart.

Dont know what match you were watching Premier Emperor, but the way the first half went was this:

1. Loughgiel scored first, Coolderry equalised and then went a point up.

2. Loughgiel then score the first goal 6 minutes in to go up 1-1 to 0-2

3. Loughgiel go 1-3 to 0-3 up.

4. Coolderry bring it back to level, 1-3 to 0-6.

5. Watson gets his first goal on 18 minutes for Loughgiel, who go 2-4 to 0-6 up.