Ulster Intermediate + Junior Football Club Championships 2012

Started by DownFanatic, September 08, 2012, 05:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleater

Quote from: dundrumite on November 18, 2012, 06:28:20 PM
We aren't as bad as I was thinking a fortnight ago. How did Cookstown Doohamlet go?

I was at both games in Enniskillen. Drumhowan were my tips for Ulster JFC. It shows I know nothing! Everyting was in Drumhowan's favour - a point up at half time and then An Port Mor had a man sent off shortly into the second half. It was all set-up there for Drumhowan to win. There collpase was a total surprise as the first half was even enough and Drumhowan looked to have enough to edge out a win. There is no doubt Drumhowan missed Darren Duffy who is a key player for them but they totally lost their heads. Credit to An Port Mor and espcially Collie Holmes who grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. He did the simple things well and kept his head when others were losing it around him.  The second half was completely one sided and in the final five minutes the Drumhowan players tempers got the better of them and had 3 sent off. If An Port Mor play like they did in the second half, they'll make it a good final, but if it's like they played in the first half, it's Brackaville's to lose.

Cookstown won the Intermediate match as expected. But they were made fight all the way in a bruising encounter and truth be told, Cookstown were very lucky it didn't at least go to extra time. Cookstown got of to a flying start 1-1 up after 4 minutes and they looked like they'd be rampant. Big Gilmore was proving very dangerous and there were moving the ball well out of defence. Thereafter Doohamlet settled and were completely dominant for the remainder of the first half. Their problem was finishing , they missed a goal and 5 or 6 point efforts. Even though Doohamlet led at half time, this wastefulness came back to haunt them in the second half.

Cookstown effectively won the match in the third quater of the game. Conor O'Hare and Barry Mulligan got on top in the middle for a 15 minute spell and they got 4 pts on the trot. Then  Doohamlet's FB was sent off, but Mugsy should have got the line too. After that it was all Doohamlet. They were camped in the Cookstown half but again their wastefulness was their undoing. They came migthly close to a draw when Paul McArdle hit the post with a free.  This was effectively the final of the compeition and I expect Cookstown to beat Warrenpoint handily.

nrico2006

Quote from: AFS on November 18, 2012, 03:17:00 PM
Ulster club JFC semi-finals
Laragh United (Cavan) 1-03 0-16 Brackaville (Tyrone), Clones FT
Drumhowan (Monaghan) 0-07 1-16 An Port Mor (Armagh), Brewster Park FT

Great result for Port Mor.

Some crazy results - Laragh hammered Drum and Brackaville hammered Laragh.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rodney trotter

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 19, 2012, 04:11:38 PM
Quote from: AFS on November 18, 2012, 03:17:00 PM
Ulster club JFC semi-finals
Laragh United (Cavan) 1-03 0-16 Brackaville (Tyrone), Clones FT
Drumhowan (Monaghan) 0-07 1-16 An Port Mor (Armagh), Brewster Park FT

Great result for Port Mor.

Some crazy results - Laragh hammered Drum and Brackaville hammered Laragh.

Laragh seemed a bit over confident going into that game yesterday, the drum team they beat hadn't played a game in 9 weeks :o crazy tbh, the Derry final was obviously back in July/august.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Sleater on November 19, 2012, 03:26:17 PM
We aren't as bad as I was thinking a fortnight ago. How did Cookstown Doohamlet go?

I was at both games in Enniskillen. Drumhowan were my tips for Ulster JFC. It shows I know nothing! Everyting was in Drumhowan's favour - a point up at half time and then An Port Mor had a man sent off shortly into the second half. It was all set-up there for Drumhowan to win. There collpase was a total surprise as the first half was even enough and Drumhowan looked to have enough to edge out a win. There is no doubt Drumhowan missed Darren Duffy who is a key player for them but they totally lost their heads. Credit to An Port Mor and espcially Collie Holmes who grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. He did the simple things well and kept his head when others were losing it around him.  The second half was completely one sided and in the final five minutes the Drumhowan players tempers got the better of them and had 3 sent off. If An Port Mor play like they did in the second half, they'll make it a good final, but if it's like they played in the first half, it's Brackaville's to lose.

Cookstown won the Intermediate match as expected. But they were made fight all the way in a bruising encounter and truth be told, Cookstown were very lucky it didn't at least go to extra time. Cookstown got of to a flying start 1-1 up after 4 minutes and they looked like they'd be rampant. Big Gilmore was proving very dangerous and there were moving the ball well out of defence. Thereafter Doohamlet settled and were completely dominant for the remainder of the first half. Their problem was finishing , they missed a goal and 5 or 6 point efforts. Even though Doohamlet led at half time, this wastefulness came back to haunt them in the second half.

Cookstown effectively won the match in the third quater of the game. Conor O'Hare and Barry Mulligan got on top in the middle for a 15 minute spell and they got 4 pts on the trot. Then  Doohamlet's FB was sent off, but Mugsy should have got the line too. After that it was all Doohamlet. They were camped in the Cookstown half but again their wastefulness was their undoing. They came migthly close to a draw when Paul McArdle hit the post with a free.  This was effectively the final of the compeition and I expect Cookstown to beat Warrenpoint handily.

Doohemlet seemed to have no luck.

anportmorforjfc

Great win yesterday, unbelievable to be in a Ulster Final. So 2 teams from Armagh, Down and Tyrone in the club finals. Any idea where the finals are going to be?

Brick Tamlin

Cookstown effectively won the match in the third quater of the game. Conor O'Hare and Barry Mulligan got on top in the middle for a 15 minute spell and they got 4 pts on the trot. Then  Doohamlet's FB was sent off, but Mugsy should have got the line too. After that it was all Doohamlet. They were camped in the Cookstown half but again their wastefulness was their undoing. They came migthly close to a draw when Paul McArdle hit the post with a free. This was effectively the final of the compeition and I expect Cookstown to beat Warrenpoint handily.
[/b]

Explain, if you will your reasoning behind this.just out of curiosity. Slightly disingenuous to the other teams in that side of the draw,no?

yellowcard

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on November 19, 2012, 07:49:58 PM

Cookstown effectively won the match in the third quater of the game. Conor O'Hare and Barry Mulligan got on top in the middle for a 15 minute spell and they got 4 pts on the trot. Then  Doohamlet's FB was sent off, but Mugsy should have got the line too. After that it was all Doohamlet. They were camped in the Cookstown half but again their wastefulness was their undoing. They came migthly close to a draw when Paul McArdle hit the post with a free. This was effectively the final of the compeition and I expect Cookstown to beat Warrenpoint handily.
[/b]

Explain, if you will your reasoning behind this.just out of curiosity. Slightly disingenuous to the other teams in that side of the draw,no?

I would expect the same outcome to be honest. The winners of the Cookstown v Doohamlet game I always felt would win the final fairly comfortably. The draw was very lop sided and Warrenpoint took advantage, fair play to them.

tyroneboi

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

anportmorforjfc

Cookstown v Warrenpoint 2nd Dec in Athletic Grounds (before Cross v Kilcoo)

Brackaville v An Port Mor 1st Dec in Pairc Esler

BennyCake

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on November 19, 2012, 08:52:21 PM
Cookstown v Warrenpoint 2nd Dec in Athletic Grounds (before Cross v Kilcoo)

Brackaville v An Port Mor 1st Dec in Pairc Esler

Why bring the Junior game to Newry?! It makes more sense playing it in Armagh, with the Senior/Intermediate games in Newry.

clarshack

i would expect cookstown and brackaville to win their finals very comfortably.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: clarshack on November 20, 2012, 03:04:39 PM
i would expect cookstown and brackaville to win their finals very comfortably.
Why? I'm no expert on Junior football. But I can mind seeing an port mor play division 2 in Armagh not too long ago when there were four divisions. Cookstown I agree should win handy as they came through the hard side of the draw and W'point aren't up to much imo.

The Worker

clarshack

i know its a different province but finuge won the munster ifc on sunday past without paul galvin (suspended) and eamon fitzmaurice (broken jaw). they still have quality even without those 2 boys - with likes of pat and maurice corridan having played for kerry in recent years too.
finuge and cookstown would make for a good all ireland final.