Ulster Bank

Started by TopofthePops, June 22, 2012, 05:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: The Gs Man on July 16, 2012, 07:31:23 PM
But what if they really needed the £35 and they can't get it cos the bank took it? Even if you were guaranteed it back at a later stage.

A bit of an extreme corner case there. More chance of them being thick
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bridgegael

Kick up a fuss anyway!  we dont do enough of it in this country!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

screenexile

Quote from: bridgegael on July 16, 2012, 08:24:47 PM
Kick up a fuss anyway!  we dont do enough of it in this country!

I have no problem kicking up a fuss. If I'm out for dinner or purchase a service that's not up to standard I'll let people know about it. UB have been all over TV, Radio, Newspaper saying they will not leave people out of pocket, all charges will be refunded etc. etc. if people are going to be greatly affected by the problem they should at least read up about how it will be rectified rather than torture some poor young girl behind the till who's having to clean up somebody elses mess!!

deiseach

Quote from: screenexile on July 17, 2012, 12:33:05 AM
I have no problem kicking up a fuss. If I'm out for dinner or purchase a service that's not up to standard I'll let people know about it. UB have been all over TV, Radio, Newspaper saying they will not leave people out of pocket, all charges will be refunded etc. etc. if people are going to be greatly affected by the problem they should at least read up about how it will be rectified rather than torture some poor young girl behind the till who's having to clean up somebody elses mess!!

It shows how screwed up our current economic model is. We have allowed the creation of giant corporations where parasites like Jim Brown erect human shields between themselves and their customers. We're €100 down with Ulster due to duplicate transactions and it is only right that we should object to this, but as you note the only people we can complain to have no means to remedy it! The revolution is coming, it really is, and Jim Brown and his ilk will be first up against the wall. I just hope for all our sakes that it is only metaphorical.

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 07, 2012, 11:17:00 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 07, 2012, 11:13:48 PM
Do these gaffs not backup daily? Our work does an incremental backup every day and a full backup weekly.

Regardless of the backup strategy (full, incremental, etc.), there should always be logs for the database (which are effectively a continuous backup), though this sounds like it's more of a systems fcuk-up, not database-oriented.
RBS cut several thousand IT jobs over the last 3 years and it shows 

EC Unique

real food, real people

Anyone any thoughts on the so called compensation package announced by Ulster Bank today?

£20........

deiseach

Quote from: real food, real people on August 31, 2012, 11:10:51 AM
Anyone any thoughts on the so called compensation package announced by Ulster Bank today?

£20........

To be honest, that'll do for me. It was a pain, and the stress of worrying that I'd have no money when I was in France wasn't nice. But I didn't lose any money or find my lecky was cut off so a gesture will be enough

trileacman

To be fair the bank is at debt's door, its not like they can fork out a few hundred quid each in a gesture.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rois

Er, you might want to read the full terms of the package - £20 is not the maximum if you have suffered genuine loss (which would be the same in any civil case - you need to prove loss before you would be awarded damages). 

The regulator has been heavily involved in this so if they think it is adequate and have signed off on it, then not many other places you can go to challenge the terms. 

Hereiam

There is no doubt in my mind that the RBS was hacked and here is the outcome

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19828855

thebigfella

Quote from: Hereiam on October 04, 2012, 03:23:47 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that the RBS was hacked and here is the outcome

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19828855

2 completely different things... That article proves fcuk all

RealSpiritof98

Major c**k-up again this morning with no DD being paid or tax credits/benefits processed. I've an online shop coming 11am and my payment won't go through ffs.

Hereiam

Something seriously wrong with these banks IT systems. Wasn't the nationwide down on Friday and now RBS again. Not good for consumer confidence

imtommygunn

The missus was to get paid today and had payments going out. Now overdrawn due to this and not happy - it was standing orders.

I could tell her she should give a number of days grace however I think I will bite my tongue...

This is a prime example of an illustration of how outsourcing IT systems to India does not work.