Tyrone v Kildare Part II - The Revenge Div 2 NFL Final Sunday 29th April 2012

Started by Fuzzman, April 08, 2012, 07:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 28, 2012, 08:49:41 AM
Why do ye all think there will be such a lack of intensity?

Because when both teams listed their goals for the season, you'd find they'd be All-Ireland, Provincial, Promotion in that order. Winning a Division 2 title was probably never even discussed. As for the competition for places, it's a moot point and with most teams there is probably at least 10 nailed on starters on both teams, in 15 a side games it can be quite hard to really generate competition for places as most players are adaptable and can be played in a number of positions.

The game will be competitive and could take a life of it's own but there is nothing at stake so just can't see players putting their bodies on the line, it's a lose lose situation for Kildare. Lose it and they'll be hammered for losing yet another "Big" game, even though we know it's not. Win and it will "only" be a Division 2 title against a dis-interested Tyrone who had both eyes on Armagh. Alas the narrative for Kildare is already written, I'd like to win and think we will but won't be getting too excited.
#newbridgeornowhere

Orchardman

Kildare people are right, they won't get within 2 points of tyrone.

No need to downplay this, the championship doesnt start for another while yet, so no reason for either team not to want to win it. Its got nothing to do with targets set at the start of the year, of course every team wants to win an all ireland, but this is a chance of a good game in croker to get stuck in. Actually just remembered kildare wer away for a training week so maybe they will be primed for this alright

Donnellys Hollow

Would be nice to win it but I don't think either side will lose any sleep if they're beaten. Kildare would probably take more from winning it but it's not going to make or break the season. Promotion has been achieved for both teams and this is no more than a glorified challenge match really.

I'd be surprised to see either of our starting midfielders being part of the midfield pairing come the Leinster Championship and Callaghan will have to be accomodated somewhere in the forward line, possibly at the expense of Tom Connor who for all his positive qualities isn't contributing enough on the scoreboard. I'd be happy tomorrow if our backs are tighter than they were for all of the round robin games and if Jimmers and Smithy continue their recent good form. Getting twenty minutes out around the middle of the field into Dermot Earley would be a bonus.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 27, 2012, 11:44:05 PM
and am not convinced by the hype around Tyrone's rejuvenation.

Mickey has that post pinned to the back of the bus driver's head.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

I've a funny feeling Joey will start instead of somebody. Mad blustery cold day here in Dublin.

cadhlancian

Sean Cavanagh shocking bad so far, brother bear not far behind him! :o

trileacman

awful match. If Kildare would just lump it in on O'Connor they'd be home and hosed.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Jinxy

Very blustery in Dublin.
Not likely to get a great game in those conditions.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bigfrank

47 mins too long for A.Smith..never touched leather

Mon over here colm and have a seat..not at the races!

cadhlancian

cadhlancian

Jinxy

Todays games will be held up as being indicative of the evils of short hand-passing but you can't kick the ball accurately in those conditions.
If you were any use you'd be playing.