NFL Division 2 2012

Started by Jinxy, January 28, 2012, 03:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

If you are looking at the melee from Joe's vertically challenged position at all these vertically unchallenged players milling about, then I'd say Joe did fine.
You see, Tyrone were not involved, so was it ever in real danger of going mental?

Ard-Rí

It's all going quite well so far, unexpectedly. Kildare next, and while they may not be in the best of form, it will still be a challenge.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

babarino

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 13, 2012, 06:20:49 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 13, 2012, 02:33:41 PM
I thought McQuillan marshalled the game well, but probably Doyle's yellow card was harsh.
I thought Doyle was lucky enough to get a yellow.

As for the 'melee', McQuillan stood back to take notes, rather than take control of the situation. I'm in two minds as to whether than was the appropriate thing to do.

Was at the game and didn't see what started the row. Looking at it on TG4 later Doyle struck Moen after the free was awarded and Moen retaliated. What I did see at the game was the Kildare No. 8 starting it again, coming off the pitch, after it appeared to have calmed down, whacking a few Monaghan players from behind. He wasn't penalised.

nrico2006

Quote from: babarino on February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 13, 2012, 06:20:49 PM
I thought McQuillan marshalled the game well, but probably Doyle's yellow card was harsh.
I thought Doyle was lucky enough to get a yellow.

As for the 'melee', McQuillan stood back to take notes, rather than take control of the situation. I'm in two minds as to whether than was the appropriate thing to do.

Was at the game and didn't see what started the row. Looking at it on TG4 later Doyle struck Moen after the free was awarded and Moen retaliated. What I did see at the game was the Kildare No. 8 starting it again, coming off the pitch, after it appeared to have calmed down, whacking a few Monaghan players from behind. He wasn't penalised.

Was watching the game on Sunday between Monaghan and Kildare, and an incident that is seemingly accepted as beiong grand and happens all the time popped up.  I think it was a Monaghan kick out at about 30 minutes in, and the Kildare Number 8 used a Monaghan man as a ladder and was rightly penalised.  But in his anger, the number 8 reached for the Monaghan man around the neck and face and tried to sleeper him to the ground.  The Monaghan man got free and the free kick was taken without a word from the referee who seen it all.  That kind of craic is sickening, its like the old craic when a player comes on etc and he is 'allowed' to shoulder a man in the back or chest without fear of punishment as it is sticking out chest time, yet other incidents are made out to be a hundred times worse and are punished more severely.  For all that happened in the Derrytresk game, much of the thuggery was from Dromid from what I watched.  Yet all the talk was of Derrytresk.  The same happened at the weekend, was any act carried out by a Derrytresk player any worse than Tomas O'Se kneeing a man in the balls?  Yet hardly a whimper about it.     
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jinxy

I'd say McKeever whimpered alright.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 14, 2012, 12:45:09 PM
I think it was a Monaghan kick out at about 30 minutes in, and the Kildare Number 8 used a Monaghan man as a ladder and was rightly penalised.  But in his anger, the number 8 reached for the Monaghan man around the neck and face and tried to sleeper him to the ground.  The Monaghan man got free and the free kick was taken without a word from the referee who seen it all. 
The nr 8  (Flynn?) was the worst offender for Kildare, capable of nasty aggressive physical stuff and in this game he was a persistent offender. But maybe Kildare fans know him better.

Flanagan's red card was for punching Finlay on the face, as the players were leaving the pitch.
McQuillan just picked out Clerkin and Mone by default, for their yellow cards :)

I was happy enough with the Monaghan discipline.

Go home ref

Quote from: Rossfan on February 13, 2012, 12:46:18 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 13, 2012, 11:33:57 AM
to make matters worse we bring on a player, who is easily one of the top 10 forwards in Ireland, and we play him midfield and move Roli next to Tomás O'Connor.

How can the mangement not see it when it is glaringly obvious to everyone in the stand?

McGeeney admits himself he has bad eyesight.... He says he didnt really see the melee yesterday between his lads and the Monaghan crowd. ;D ;D
Only the ref saw what happened and took notes.
The game was played sportingly apart from the flare up at the end of the first half.
Though it beats me why a couple of Kildare players have this man attraction to certain Monaghan players, pushing them to the ground and then mounting them vigourously.
I suspect that mating practices in Kildare are a thing to behold, quick to the chase so to speak, in a barbaric manner.

Ah yeah it was all those Kildare animals sure weren't they fighting with themseves? Those innocent Monaghan angels had nothing to do with it

shark

Big boost for Westmeath. John Heslin returning home from Richmond Tigers. Homesickness. http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8421476

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: shark on February 17, 2012, 10:06:20 AM
Big boost for Westmeath. John Heslin returning home from Richmond Tigers. Homesickness. http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8421476

Good news, all of a sudden our midfield issues don't seem too bad. Now to sort out the backs and the forwards...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maguire01

Tommy Freeman back training with Monaghan. A massive boost.

spuds

Always good to have the best palyers playing for their counties, Freeman would be now pushing 30 ? Difficult for lads of that age to pick up where they left off.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

armaghranger12

Quote from: spuds on February 22, 2012, 01:17:13 PM
Always good to have the best palyers playing for their counties, Freeman would be now pushing 30 ? Difficult for lads of that age to pick up where they left off.

Id say Monaghan people would rather see Mc Manus back quicker then Freeman...

Where did Rory Woods ever go to? He had a bit of quality and presence about him

Maguire01

Rory Woods emigrated as far as I know. I think Freeman still has plenty to offer, even if McManus is important in the long term. Freeman is good for the goals.

armaghranger12

Good man Woods! in the USA next he'll be doing the John Murtagh and looking a transfer to play for them.