More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: ONeill on February 12, 2012, 11:17:54 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on February 12, 2012, 10:56:38 PM
Quote from: bigpaul on February 12, 2012, 10:53:37 PM
As trite as it sounds Jinxy, nobody in Derrytresk ever said the the subs or supporters weren't totally out of line.Nobody in Derrytresk,that I know of, ever attempted to defend any wrong-doings. Their team put in a truly magnificent display today which was acknowledged by Christy Cooney and the Clonbur captain. They don't need or deserve to be preached to at this time.

Type 'Derrytresk' into twitter.
Plenty of people including media personalities in Ulster basically saying the GAA did them out of an All-Ireland title.
They did themselves out of an All-Ireland title.
I don't often agree with McStay but he was 100% correct in this instance.

Listen, do something else instead of typing 'Derrytresk' into Twitter. Like read a book.

I'm reading two books at the moment while simultaneously browsing the internet.
I'm like Rainman.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bigpaul

A little off topic here. As I grew up in the 70's and 80's I was always told by my elders that we would 'never get anything in Dublin', we weren't liked and we weren't wanted.I always argued against their point.My biggest disappointment in my life within the GAA has been to find that my elders were right all along.

armaghniac

QuoteAs I grew up in the 70's and 80's I was always told by my elders that we would 'never get anything in Dublin'

You got several suspensions and a fine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bigpaul

You didn't read my earlier post, neither a Hill or Tyrone man am I.

Throw ball

On my way back from the 2000 All Ireland semi final after Armagh had lost to Kerry I stopped in a pub on the way home and met a prominent gaa referee. I complained how I thought Kerry had deliberately taken Cathal O'Rourke out of the game at the start. He told me that it was always harder for Northern teams to get decisions when they played in the south. On saturday a Kerry player knees an Armagh player and yet on television the majority of the discussion is on the Armagh player making a meal of it. It is also said that Armagh were the more cinical team. No mention that they had travelled six hours to play on a heavy pitch and that the majority of these cinical fouls occurred in the last ten minutes as they tired. No mention that some of the cards handed out were very soft - Forker in the first half for example. No mention that some Kerry players for their own greater good need to concentrate on football rather than mouthing to the referee.
I also thought that the discussion on the junior final was unneccessary and in many ways disrespected the winners.

bigpaul

Quote from: Throw ball on February 13, 2012, 12:26:04 AM
I also thought that the discussion on the junior final was unneccessary and in many ways disrespected the winners.

Agreed, Clonbur should be crongratulated on a great performance and would probably point to a few wides in the second-half as a reason why they weren't a little more comfortable. 

theticklemister

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 12, 2012, 09:32:34 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 12, 2012, 09:30:33 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 12, 2012, 09:25:44 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 12, 2012, 09:20:38 PM
I see subs and officials were involved in the row today in the tunnel. I can only assume both teams will have eight suspensions each and that both will be banned from taking part in the league for the next five years.

Subs and officials are permitted to be in the tunnel at half-time. Subs, officials and supporters are not permitted to ener the field of play to join in a scrap during the game.
So the same penalties will hardly apply.

Doesn't matter anyway, the whole row probably didn't happen at all. It was probably all just computer generated graphics and photos in the paper will have all been photoshopped.

I dont know where you are from but with the whinging and victim complex its odds on you are from Northern Ireland.

BENNY............. YE ARE ONE FECKING p***k

blanketattack

Congrats to Clonbur on a great victory.
Also congrats to Milltown/castlemaine on winning the intermediate club All-Ireland. A fantastic achievement. That's 8 All-Ireland club titles between Junior and Intermediate for Kerry in the last 8 years.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

On my way back from the 2000 All Ireland semi final after Armagh had lost to Kerry I stopped in a pub on the way home and met a prominent gaa referee. I complained how I thought Kerry had deliberately taken Cathal O'Rourke out of the game at the start. He told me that it was always harder for Northern teams to get decisions when they played in the south. On saturday a Kerry player knees an Armagh player and yet on television the majority of the discussion is on the Armagh player making a meal of it. It is also said that Armagh were the more cinical team. No mention that they had travelled six hours to play on a heavy pitch and that the majority of these cinical fouls occurred in the last ten minutes as they tired. No mention that some of the cards handed out were very soft - Forker in the first half for example. No mention that some Kerry players for their own greater good need to concentrate on football rather than mouthing to the referee.

First off, anyone with 2 eyes and a brain who saw the Kerry v Armagh game will admit O'Sé deserved to see red...never mind what some idiot TV punters say.
Anyone honest person analysing the game would also say that Armagh WERE pretty cynical but at no stage was there any reckless/dangerous tackles that I saw...it was mainly tactical fouling, and while it may not be pretty, it is effective especially when defending a lead...its not biased to point this out. There is certainly no evidence of a persecution complex to draw from Saturday nights game anyway.

"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Mike Sheehy

Well done Clonbur and Milltown/Castlemaine. Commiserations to Davitts.

bigtogs

Mike you forgot about commiserations to derrytresk.

Whishtup

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 13, 2012, 02:42:36 AM

First off, anyone with 2 eyes and a brain who saw the Kerry v Armagh game will admit O'Sé deserved to see red...never mind what some idiot TV punters say.
Anyone honest person analysing the game would also say that Armagh WERE pretty cynical but at no stage was there any reckless/dangerous tackles that I saw...it was mainly tactical fouling, and while it may not be pretty, it is effective especially when defending a lead...its not biased to point this out. There is certainly no evidence of a persecution complex to draw from Saturday nights game anyway.

Seem to remember two really strange full-on rugby tackles by Kerry lads-Darren O'Sullivan's being one.-I think Kerry were over hyped for this and it doesn't suit them (bit like the Dromid boys)

Milltown Row2

The powers that be in Croke have said that to stop the trouble at gaa grounds they will not allow supporters a half time tipple!! At Parnell yesterday the Dublin steward refused punters out to the pub at halftime. Nevermind the alcohol consumed before the game.

Will they be closing the bars inside Croke park on Paddys day?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

hard luck derrytresk, they gave it their all.

i thought mcstay was out of order with his comments last night. w*nker.

Club Rossa

Bernard Flynn was talking some shite about Derrytresk on the radio yesterday evening too,but to be fair to Bernard talking shite is something he's very good at.