More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tubberman on February 12, 2012, 09:25:44 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 12, 2012, 09:20:38 PM
I see subs and officials were involved in the row today in the tunnel. I can only assume both teams will have eight suspensions each and that both will be banned from taking part in the league for the next five years.

Subs and officials are permitted to be in the tunnel at half-time. Subs, officials and supporters are not permitted to ener the field of play to join in a scrap during the game.
So the same penalties will hardly apply.

Doesn't matter anyway, the whole row probably didn't happen at all. It was probably all just computer generated graphics and photos in the paper will have all been photoshopped.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 12, 2012, 09:30:33 PM
I see subs and officials were involved in the row today in the tunnel. I can only assume both teams will have eight suspensions each and that both will be banned from taking part in the league for the next five years.

Subs and officials are permitted to be in the tunnel at half-time. Subs, officials and supporters are not permitted to ener the field of play to join in a scrap during the game.

Doesn't matter anyway, the whole row probably didn't happen at all. It was probably all just computer generated graphics and photos in the paper will have all been photoshopped.

I dont know where you are from but with the whinging and victim complex its odds on you are from Northern Ireland.

ONeill

You're 100% correct Benny in everything there. Well said.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on February 12, 2012, 08:59:48 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on February 12, 2012, 08:58:05 PM
Some UFC style knee by the bold t'ose  :o

And yet they blame McKeever for it  ::)
They didn't. They said he made a meal of it. And it looked like he did. That's not to say that the red card wasn't deserved though.

Tubberman

You put a lot of effort into feeling victimised or wronged, don't you?
Very negative way of living, must be hard having to listen to yourself.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 12, 2012, 09:33:33 PM

They didn't. They said he made a meal of it. And it looked like he did. That's not to say that the red card wasn't deserved though.

A knock in the stones is easily capable of putting a man down. 

Sportacus

Well it was a bit of a pre-planned set piece which lyster and mcstay could've avoided on a League Sunday programme, but once the question was asked, short of saying "slap it up the idiots who hurdled the fence in portlaoise", what else was mcstay to say.  Harsh it wasn't - truth hurts.

Orchardman

was at the 2 games today, derrytresk can feel hard done by after leading all the game, poor penalty miss in the first half. Clonbur had all the momentum in the final 10 mins and they really did push on when the game was in the melting pot.If it was my club i would not be one bit happy with what mcstay said, it might not have sounded like much but it was a real kick in the balls after what happened them today

bigtogs

Quote from: ONeill on February 12, 2012, 09:24:53 PM
Shattering defeat. To lead from the 1st minute til the 59th and lose it was hard to take. The suspensions showed in those last 10 mins. Even the Clonbur goal came from confusion in the FB position. No point in identifying underpar performers or decisions on the line. Wasn't meant to be.

Harsh comment on Derrytresk by McStay on that show tonight.

they gave their all should be so proud!!!!!!

timmyot501

Was in clones today and the row at half time was not nice to see but I don't think there were too many actual hits. Shoulders and pushing seemed the order of the day.  The ref just took a step back and then took action after the break and the TV pictures seem to show that he actually got most of it right.  I hope players don't get token suspensions just because the GAA need to show a firm stance.  Fines for the 2 counties should suffiice in this case??

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tubberman on February 12, 2012, 09:35:26 PM

You put a lot of effort into feeling victimised or wronged, don't you?
Very negative way of living, must be hard having to listen to yourself.

Me? Victimized or wronged? Nope, I'm not from Derrytresk so no skin off my nose.
Awful bit of complaining from yourself though. Irony oozzzing out of your post. "Must be hard having to listen to yourself".
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ONeill

Quote from: Sportacus on February 12, 2012, 09:37:40 PM
Well it was a bit of a pre-planned set piece which lyster and mcstay could've avoided on a League Sunday programme, but once the question was asked, short of saying "slap it up the idiots who hurdled the fence in portlaoise", what else was mcstay to say.  Harsh it wasn't - truth hurts.

Ah come on - it was dancing on the grave and completely out of context. Did they mention the Intermediate final?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

LeoMc

Quote from: bigtogs on February 12, 2012, 08:27:10 PM
Gutted derrytresk gice it all run out off bodies well done Clonbur hope they enjoy their victory

Well said*, an example of how to lose gracefully even after the media circus of the last 2 weeks.

*EDIT"I am refering to the spirit of the comments not the spelling and punctuation" ;)

bigpaul

Not a Derrytresk man but know them well,felt very,very sore for them at the final whistle today. Thought Mc Stay was cruel tonight, will monitor his comments in the future to see if he is as 'candid' when some of the bigger units of our Association are involved in controversy! You're not a schoolteacher speaking to your pupils Kevin!!!!!! But then a teacher usually shows some empathy towards their pupils,even when dispensing some 'tough love'.Dromid Pearses and some parts of the media should hang their heads. Have to say that a pocket of Kerry folk close by today should have made a better job of concealing their delight.
On the Tomas O' Se incident, RTE really should share the technology which allows these men determine where and with what force some-one has been hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maguire01

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on February 12, 2012, 09:36:15 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 12, 2012, 09:33:33 PM

A knock in the stones is easily capable of putting a man down.
I'd agree, but did you see the footage? Didn't look like it was anywhere near his stones.