More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: rrhf on January 26, 2012, 03:23:44 PM
Does anyone else think theres a few Dromid and Kerry folk who could be charged with bringing the game into disrepute including those county guys who publicly asked to be at the CCCC meeting.   I have never witnessed such an intense and potentially slanderous witchhunt propogated by a losing all ireland semi finalist and apparently their county sources. The ignorance of their own role in the videoed scrap is only dwarfed by their complete lack of dignity in defeat and their desire for revenge off the field.  There is undoubtedly action to be taken, but through the proper circles and investigations.  We are all part of the GAA and we cant leap outside the proper way of conducting our business when it suits us.  The campaign could have long term implications for the GAA spirit of respect as we know it.  I applaud the Tyrone county Board for their dignity in the face of this onslaught,but as the ultimate bearer of responsibility for Tyrone football and their club Derrytresk, how long can they possibly hold out against such provocation.  As far as Im concerned when official Kerry board men came out with preemptive commentry, the gloves come off. If anythin

+1
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 26, 2012, 03:44:34 PM
Quote from: rrhf on January 26, 2012, 03:23:44 PM
Does anyone else think theres a few Dromid and Kerry folk who could be charged with bringing the game into disrepute including those county guys who publicly asked to be at the CCCC meeting.   I have never witnessed such an intense and potentially slanderous witchhunt propogated by a losing all ireland semi finalist and apparently their county sources. The ignorance of their own role in the videoed scrap is only dwarfed by their complete lack of dignity in defeat and their desire for revenge off the field.  There is undoubtedly action to be taken, but through the proper circles and investigations.  We are all part of the GAA and we cant leap outside the proper way of conducting our business when it suits us.  The campaign could have long term implications for the GAA spirit of respect as we know it.  I applaud the Tyrone county Board for their dignity in the face of this onslaught,but as the ultimate bearer of responsibility for Tyrone football and their club Derrytresk, how long can they possibly hold out against such provocation.  As far as Im concerned when official Kerry board men came out with preemptive commentry, the gloves come off. If anythin

+1

Wise up

sheamy

The anti GAA BBC even have this now...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/16747663.stm

Well played Crokes ya crowd of stupid b*stards

Tubberman

Quote from: sheamy on January 26, 2012, 04:05:30 PM

A lot easier to blame everyone else isn't it?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tubberman on January 26, 2012, 04:09:43 PM

Possibly is. Ask Dromid Pearses, they seem to be experts in that department.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

sheamy

what's your point?

My point is they have brought the issue of fan segregation, something of which we in the GAA are very very proud of never having to have and never will have, into the media. Totally ill judged and something they themselves are now furiously back tracking on. I'm afraid in the media age we live in, it's too late...

Media outlets love this kinda thing and the likes of the BBC especially thrive on it at every opportunity. They haven't tried to communicate the 'clarification' issued by Crokes, now have they? Dr Crokes have done the GAA a massive disservice in this case and should be ashamed of themselves.

Tubberman

Quote from: sheamy on January 26, 2012, 04:12:46 PM

what's your point? My point is they have brought the issue of fan segregation, something of which we in the GAA are very very proud of never having to have and never will have, into the media. Totally ill judged and something they themselves are now furiously back tracking on. I'm afraid in the media age we live in, it's too late...

Media outlets love this kinda thing and the likes of the BBC especially thrive on it at every opportunity. Now they haven't tried to communicate the 'clarification' issued by Crokes, now have they?

When you have supporters fighting in the stands

and people seated in the stands running onto the pitch to join in a brawl

it's not surprising when people start to question the crowd control and stewarding arrangements.
You can't just blame the people who question it in the media, you start with the people who caused the problem.

Having said that, I think it was a bad idea for Dr Crokes to raise it now. It will only enflame things ahead of their game.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

haranguerer

The subs were so quick in becuase they were initially on their feet from the first incident, which was clearly the start of the whole thing - the dromid lad clattering into the derrytresk boy (and possibly punching him in the midriff)  just before the camera pans away at the very start of the vid

cornafean

Quote from: sheamy on January 26, 2012, 04:12:46 PM

what's your point?

My point is they have brought the issue of fan segregation, something of which we in the GAA are very very proud of never having to have and never will have, into the media. Totally ill judged and something they themselves are now furiously back tracking on. I'm afraid in the media age we live in, it's too late...

Media outlets love this kinda thing and the likes of the BBC especially thrive on it at every opportunity. They haven't tried to communicate the 'clarification' issued by Crokes, now have they? Dr Crokes have done the GAA a massive disservice in this case and should be ashamed of themselves.
+1 They have actually brought the Association into disrepute.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

blanketattack

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on January 26, 2012, 03:39:46 PM

The DT No.11 is a complete gypo/coward punching a man on the ground and then getting out of it as fast as he could.

Still not the worst act, which surely belongs to the Derrytresk no. 15 who runs over to kick the Dromid no. 9 who's on the ground concussed.

A lot of people have said how the melee is no worse than melees that regularly occur at GAA and other sports grounds up and down the country, well I've seen a lot of melees in my time but I have to say none ever involved kicking a player who was already on the ground concussed. About as cowardly an act as you can get and hopefully the punishment will fit the crime.

AZOffaly

gaakingpin

dromid player passed this link to a friend of mine

AZOffaly

Christy mightn't be too happy. He was probably hoping to sell it as an X-Rated video :)