More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keane

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2012, 01:52:05 PM
Yes I really, really am a dreadful person. I think that in future if the ref, linesmen, umpires and TV don't pick up, or act, on a bit of skulduggery which may have occured between two players (be it ball tugging, neck nipping, back scratching, ear bending, name calling, eating garlic, wearing earpieces ...) there should a day set aside for complaining to the media as that's fairly important, even if it happened or not.

My dreadfulness will follow me to my grave.

Glibly dismissing something like grabbing a fellow players' testicles is contemptible, pretty much sub-human tbh.

ONeill

Quote from: Keane on January 25, 2012, 02:13:54 PM
Yes I really, really am a dreadful person. I think that in future if the ref, linesmen, umpires and TV don't pick up, or act, on a bit of skulduggery which may have occured between two players (be it ball tugging, neck nipping, back scratching, ear bending, name calling, eating garlic, wearing earpieces ...) there should a day set aside for complaining to the media as that's fairly important, even if it happened or not.

Glibly dismissing something like grabbing a fellow players' testicles is contemptible, pretty much sub-human tbh.

Reading not a strong point? I'm addressing the running to the media to complain approach. I don't care if it was bollock-bating or eyebrow-tweezing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Keane

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2012, 02:18:42 PM
Reading not a strong point? I'm addressing the running to the media to complain approach. I don't care if it was bollock-bating or eyebrow-tweezing.

There is absolutely no reason why people should feel reluctant to tell the media if something like that happens to them on the pitch.

It's a matter for the guards in my humble opinion, but if a media campaign can help educate these animals who think this sort of assault has any place in a civilised society, never mind on a sports field, then that avenue should be exercised to the absolute maximum.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Keane on January 25, 2012, 02:24:03 PM

There is absolutely no reason why people should feel reluctant to tell the media if something like that happens to them on the pitch.

It's a matter for the guards in my humble opinion, but if a media campaign can help educate these animals who think this sort of assault has any place in a civilised society, never mind on a sports field, then that avenue should be exercised to the absolute maximum.

I could tell the media a story about someone grabbing my balls at work today? Does that mean that it happened? Also, why dont they tell the guards?

The Kerry folk as usual when beaten by a Tyrone outfit are trying to justify the defeat by creating an image about the game that they were beaten unfairly. This has become a great media story over the years and has become the ultimate outlet for lazy journalists who have f*ck all imagination to come up with new stories.
That was never a square ball!!

Armamike

Derrytresk in most of their games to date, since the ulster semi at least have seen the opposition have a player sent off. Either all these sides have had discipline issues or the hill men are well versed in the darker arts. Has ricey been taking any of their training sessions?
That's just, like your opinion man.

Keane

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2012, 02:29:17 PM
I could tell the media a story about someone grabbing my balls at work today? Does that mean that it happened? Also, why dont they tell the guards?

Is making up a story about having your balls grabbed at work something you're likely to do?

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2012, 02:29:17 PMThe Kerry folk as usual when beaten by a Tyrone outfit are trying to justify the defeat by creating an image about the game that they were beaten unfairly. This has become a great media story over the years and has become the ultimate outlet for lazy journalists who have f*ck all imagination to come up with new stories.

Standard strawman argument, I'm unlikely to bite but you may fire at will.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Armamike on January 25, 2012, 02:33:32 PM
Derrytresk in most of their games to date, since the ulster semi at least have seen the opposition have a player sent off. Either all these sides have had discipline issues or the hill men are well versed in the darker arts. Has ricey been taking any of their training sessions?

It takes a fair bit of thinking to arrive at that conclusion. There has been some pile of dung talked on this thread.

ONeill

Derrytresk in most of their games to date, since the ulster semi at least

Mmmmm. Bit of a problem there.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Keane on January 25, 2012, 02:13:54 PM

But the problem is that he may be lying about it. We've seen nothing to suggest that it's true and indeed as per Oneills post there's similar allegations against Dromid from the looks of it. But they're serious allegations to be throwing about and tarnishing reputations without having anything to back it up.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Keane on January 25, 2012, 02:37:55 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2012, 02:29:17 PM

Is making up a story about having your balls grabbed at work something you're likely to do?

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2012, 02:29:17 PMThe Kerry folk as usual when beaten by a Tyrone outfit are trying to justify the defeat by creating an image about the game that they were beaten unfairly. This has become a great media story over the years and has become the ultimate outlet for lazy journalists who have f*ck all imagination to come up with new stories.

Standard strawman argument, I'm unlikely to bite but you may fire at will.

On your first point - no, I'm not likely to do that, but then I'm not trying to make up an excuse for my ineptitude. But if I did, it would be a sure fire way of tarnishing the reputation of someone and i would need significant evidence before even thinking about making the claim.

On your second point - The irony of a Kerryman accusing me of making standard arguments is not lost on me after listening to the drivel that comes out of your county everytime you lose to a Tyrone team.

HiMucker

Quote from: Keane on January 25, 2012, 02:24:03 PM

Catch yourself on would ye.  I saw the video, and the actions of the subs was a disgrace, but all the other shite getting levelled at Tyrone (which I would have no love for) and the derrytresk club is a joke.  Dromid and kerry are looking very unsporting indeed.  Umpires linesmen and referees.  Theres only so much you can get away with.  Having not seen the match I would severly doubt that any of the gamesmanship or underhand tactics by derrytresk would have been to the same level as what cross do, who push it to the limit.  Serious whinging.

The biggest thing going against derrytresk is that a dromid player got injured by a fan/sub.  Which would obviously influence the result, and the gaa need to look at that.

Armamike

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2012, 02:38:15 PM

It takes a fair bit of thinking to arrive at that conclusion. There has been some pile of dung talked on this thread.

Were there other sendings off in the first round of ulster or in the tyrone championship. Thats three games in a row with sendings off. ItsSeems to be a lot of aggro around them.

ONeill

BennyHarp

Quote from: Armamike on January 25, 2012, 04:16:30 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2012, 02:38:15 PM

Were there other sendings off in the first round of ulster or in the tyrone championship. Thats three games in a row with sendings off. ItsSeems to be a lot of aggro around them.

Has any of the other teams complained about the Derrytresk tactics? Where you at any of the games? Or are you just making blind assumptions?

Armamike

I was at the ulster semi and final. Those 2 games had men sent off for off the ball stuff. In the ulster semi eire ogs top forward hit out after bou1 min. Spot a theme?