More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

I've already posted on this topic earlier to say that this sort of violence has no place in our games - but the holier than thou bullshit that comes from Kerry folk when it comes to football makes me sick.
That was never a square ball!!

NAG1

They couldnt be reinstated now anyway as it is not the result of the match that is in dispute, they were beat they are out. Suck it up and get on with it.

haranguerer

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 24, 2012, 08:40:46 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on January 24, 2012, 08:37:00 AM
This is unbelievable. Anyone would think dromids bus was ambushed and they were all taken out and given a punishment beating. Beyond a joke - there was a row, both sides were involved, the derrytresk subs got involved which they shouldnt have, thats the only difference (one would wonder why the dromid subs didnt also get up to try to protect their players, but anyway, and by protect I do just mean split up the fighting). It seems to me the rest of it has turned into an us v those nordie bullies, which in national papers is an absolute disgrace

What does that mean? Are you suggesting the subs are cowardly for not rushing the pitch like the Derrytresk lads?

By the way I agree with your last statement. It has unpleasant undertones in the media about uncivilised Nordies. But I do not believe that is the Dromid agenda. They are disgusted with what happened on Sunday, not just in the row. To me, this is about 2 clubs, not about Tyrone, Kerry nor Ulster.

See the bit in large - I dont mean addng to the brawl, but would you sit there or would you get involved? And 'involved' doesnt mean going in fists swinging, it means going in to protect your players, drag them away if necessary etc. I doubt they didnt want to join in, I'd genuinely like to know why they didnt - I presume they were restrained, or were they quite a bit further away?

haranguerer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 24, 2012, 08:55:34 AM
This is unbelievable. Anyone would think dromids bus was ambushed and they were all taken out and given a punishment beating. Beyond a joke - there was a row, both sides were involved, the derrytresk subs got involved which they shouldnt have, thats the only difference (one would wonder why the dromid subs didnt also get up to try to protect their players, but anyway, and by protect I do just mean split up the fighting).

It seems to me the rest of it has turned into an us v those nordie bullies, which in national papers is an absolute disgrace

Because they obviously have a bit of class.The lack of self-control displayed by the Derrytresk lads is indefensible. The GAA should be making an example out of them.

With all due respect, thats utter bollocks. Were they sitting there going 'settle down chaps??' If so, thats prob why they were on the bench, a few of their outfield players hadn't much of that kind of 'class' you refer to. You'd think there'd never been a schemozzle in Kerry... ::)

I doubt any sideline, same as any of these teams, was worse than the other. ONe speculative reason for Derrytresks swift involvement, and Dromids not so swift involvement is that Derrytresk were wronged in the initial incident.

redandblackareback

unfortunately this seems to be a long associated problem which now regularly follows Tyrone football, the solution is quite simple, bit like the trouble from english teams abroad in the soccer, ban all Tyrone club teams from Ulster and all ireland competitions until they tidy up their mess. Once they can be seen to behave like civilised human beings at a game then let them back in again.

It only takes the once and then they might start to listen!

SuperHans

I thnk they should throw both derrytresk and dromid pearses out and allow Cu Chulainns of Newcastle into the final in Croker ;)

Nally Stand

It seems to me the rest of it has turned into an us v those nordie bullies, which in national papers is an absolute disgrace
+1

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 24, 2012, 01:05:06 PM
the holier than thou bullshit that comes from Kerry folk when it comes to football makes me sick.
+1
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: redandblackareback on January 24, 2012, 01:23:42 PM
unfortunately this seems to be a long associated problem which now regularly follows Tyrone football, the solution is quite simple, bit like the trouble from english teams abroad in the soccer, ban all Tyrone club teams from Ulster and all ireland competitions until they tidy up their mess. Once they can be seen to behave like civilised human beings at a game then let them back in again.

It only takes the once and then they might start to listen!

The ultimate solution. brilliant
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Maroon1

Typical Tyrone club football sticking its ugly head up again here. Time and time again we see the tyrone folk reverting to what it knows best in the world of football tactics, open warfare...incidents like what we have seen at the weekend are quite reminisent of a few years back when Ballymacnab played Stewartstown which ended in a draw..not content with this they had to start a fight and we all know what happened after that with alot of suspensions, fines and a long long investigation.
For Stewartstown they prob though they fared quite well with only their subs recieving lengthly bans while Ballymacnab lost a few first team players. They then went into the replay thinking they had nothing to do but show up, but when the nab got on top, Stewartown reverted again to what they knew best, kick and punch. They had 3 men sent off going into last 10mins, the nab none...then they brought on' Mr Role Model'  himself  Ferghal Logan to help them somehow pull it out of the bag but he lasted 2mins as he decided to kick the corner back in the head when he was in the ground and recieved a straight red card. So 4 men sent off and got their sorry asses kicked off the park, a proper lesson handed out that day. Everyone in Ulster and beyond prob breathed a sigh of relief that these lunatics where out of the competetion.
But since that day and every year since there has always been incidents involving tyrone teams and yet nothing has been really done about it..some serious action needed by Ulsster council and headquarters.
But in saying that im sure not all Tyrone football teams are bad...im sure if you look really reall..really hard you will find 1 or 2 decent ones? ;-)

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: haranguerer on January 24, 2012, 01:23:01 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 24, 2012, 08:55:34 AM
This is unbelievable. Anyone would think dromids bus was ambushed and they were all taken out and given a punishment beating. Beyond a joke - there was a row, both sides were involved, the derrytresk subs got involved which they shouldnt have, thats the only difference (one would wonder why the dromid subs didnt also get up to try to protect their players, but anyway, and by protect I do just mean split up the fighting).

Because they obviously have a bit of class.The lack of self-control displayed by the Derrytresk lads is indefensible. The GAA should be making an example out of them.

With all due respect, thats utter bollocks. Were they sitting there going 'settle down chaps??' If so, thats prob why they were on the bench, a few of their outfield players hadn't much of that kind of 'class' you refer to. You'd think there'd never been a schemozzle in Kerry... ::)

I doubt any sideline, same as any of these teams, was worse than the other. ONe speculative reason for Derrytresks swift involvement, and Dromids not so swift involvement is that Derrytresk were wronged in the initial incident.

Do you really believe this? That the subs who didn't get involved in the brawl are as bad as the subs who did?
If that's the sort of attitude then there's no hope. There's lads on here making exuses and defending the indefensible.
The only cowards here have blue tops on them that take 3/4/5 men to hit one and even then it's from behind.
Cowards is really the only word for them
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Radda bout yeee

Just watched the video - quite disappointed by the amount of boxing action involved considering the furore! Seems no 4 from Dromid was out of line; Subs shouldn't have jumped wire apart from that theres not much else to be said.

:-\

clarshack

Quote from: Maroon1 on January 24, 2012, 02:06:52 PM
Typical Tyrone club football sticking its ugly head up again here. Time and time again we see the tyrone folk reverting to what it knows best in the world of football tactics, open warfare...incidents like what we have seen at the weekend are quite reminisent of a few years back when Ballymacnab played Stewartstown which ended in a draw..not content with this they had to start a fight and we all know what happened after that with alot of suspensions, fines and a long long investigation.
For Stewartstown they prob though they fared quite well with only their subs recieving lengthly bans while Ballymacnab lost a few first team players. They then went into the replay thinking they had nothing to do but show up, but when the nab got on top, Stewartown reverted again to what they knew best, kick and punch. They had 3 men sent off going into last 10mins, the nab none...then they brought on' Mr Role Model'  himself  Ferghal Logan to help them somehow pull it out of the bag but he lasted 2mins as he decided to kick the corner back in the head when he was in the ground and recieved a straight red card. So 4 men sent off and got their sorry asses kicked off the park, a proper lesson handed out that day. Everyone in Ulster and beyond prob breathed a sigh of relief that these lunatics where out of the competetion.
But since that day and every year since there has always been incidents involving tyrone teams and yet nothing has been really done about it..some serious action needed by Ulsster council and headquarters.
But in saying that im sure not all Tyrone football teams are bad...im sure if you look really reall..really hard you will find 1 or 2 decent ones? ;-)

we didnt start the row that day - it's been well documented that the no.6 from ballymacnab did (plus i saw it with my own eyes) as the draw felt like a loss to them. they were 5 points up with about 5 minutes left and we came back to draw with a string of late points.

those 3 sendings off were all double yellows for innoccuous enough offences. ballymacnab had about the same card count that day but were clever enough to rotate the men getting them.

alslo, if fergal kicked the corner back in the head then why was the red card later rescinded by the ulster council?

that's all i'm going to say about that game, it was 6 years ago, let it go ffs.

mannix

Th final should be good crack, since the other finalist knows what's on the way.

tbrick18

Isnt there a rule about "contributing to a melee"? In otherwords if you run in, as many of the Derrytresk and Dromid players did, it's a sending off? Maybe it's not a sending off, but a yellow, but I'm fairly sure that's the rule. In that regard, all those subs should be sanctioned under that rule, and all players/managment from both sides should also be sanctioned using the same rule.  Then the players who punched/kicked or attempted too all get suspensions for that offence. There'd be a good few from both sides in bother under those rules....
I'd say that's what will happen, quite a few retrospective sanctions imposed on players from both sides.
Fact is now as well with all the media painting the picture of Derrytresk being the only side at fault here, the GAA couldn't only punish them without appearing to be guided by media instead of the facts.
I dont see Derrytresk getting booted out, but all players/subs involved need to be treated harshly.

borderfox

Quote from: Maroon1 on January 24, 2012, 02:06:52 PM

'The final should be good crack, since the other finalist knows what's on the way'.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.