More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandino

No problem AZ thanks for your clarification, you may go back into retirement from this thread. I await your pursuit of justice after the next bout of handbags on another thread ;).
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Applesisapples

Just to add my tuppence, I don't believe the photo is doctored. However taken on its own out of context without a sequence of other photos or eyewitness accounts it would be unfair to convict Declan O'Sullivan. Surely there are other photos or do the prove that the DT players was far from innocent.

Whishtup

Interesting reactions to both forms of media.  After video, very few were interested in the lead up to or cause of the squabble before berating the DT lads.  After photo of DOS, whether real or not, people are  scraping for justification of his actions(for which there is none), intent in vilifying Derrytresk.  Would sicken your hole!
  I heard from a very reliable source right after the game that the DT player in question ran up to shake his hand and was struck.
  This photo seems to back it up as it is highly unlikely that the player in question, when the people around him are clearly relaxed and tempers have quelled somewhat, would have ran towards O'Sullivan, isolated, to attack him or goad him.  Even is he did goad him, which I don't believe he did, it's no justification for that reaction, just like the other incidents in the game.

Jinxy

I really hope Derrytresk get hammered out the gate this weekend.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bigtogs

You have made that clear for a while jinxy

supersarsfields

Quote from: Jinxy on February 10, 2012, 01:23:06 PM

I really hope Derrytresk win.

Benny Sweeney

Derrytresk have embarressed the organisation and brought great shame t it

theticklemister

Derry and Clonbur double at the weekend!

Incedently that pic was in the Irish Star although not a word was said about it in a report underneath. We are vikings said the Derrytresk management........... Well ye all did mind me of vikings as ye were leaping the wall, just like the vikings when they jumped from their ships onto the shore!

BennyHarp

Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 10, 2012, 01:49:01 PM

Derrytresk have embarressed the organisation and brought great shame t it

You are an embarrassment to whichever school taught you how to write.
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

It's complete madness this whole thing. Get ALL the evidence to the authorities and let them deal with it. People who struck/kicked/came on to the pitch unauthorised get banned.

If there's good reason to have a ban quashed then appeal it. They'll appeal the 5 year ban (and rightly so I think it will be overturned anyway).

Why all this holding back information and other bollocks I really don't understand.

Whatever about Liveline (and I've never listened to it in my life) the facts are fairly clear. Dromid were on the end of some rough house tactics during the game (probably nothing that OTT I would imagine). Some dickhead from Dromid instigated the handbags with clipboard man and then Derrytresk took it from there. Both clubs are guilty for what happened but Dromid's subs didn't jump on to the pitch for a bout of handbags (Derrytresks substitutes haven't a pile of sense about them have they?) which means that Derrytresks punishments are much worse.

How can Derrytresk be crying about DOS not getting banned when the disciplinary committee were not in receipt of that picture? Both Clubs need to STFU and let the whole thing blow over. Neither is doing themselves any favours with the wider GAA Community!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: sheamy on February 10, 2012, 10:48:25 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 10, 2012, 10:20:32 AM
Quote from: sheamy on February 10, 2012, 10:15:53 AM
Lads, play the ball, not the man...if you can't deal with the issues, don't attack me personally.

Attack?! Jeez Sheamy, I haven't even started!  ;)

you're letting yourself down now...personal attack and slander seems to be the modus operandi of the week. Go ahead but I, like DOS, won't be partaking...

Relax man - there was no personal attack, I was merely tarring all of you Derry wans with the one brush (Lynchbhoy will lynch me, not to mention my cousins)!  ;)

Enjoy the game on Sunday.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

supersarsfields

Quote from: screenexile on February 10, 2012, 01:59:21 PM
It's complete madness this whole thing. Get ALL the evidence to the authorities and let them deal with it. People who struck/kicked/came on to the pitch unauthorised get banned.

If there's good reason to have a ban quashed then appeal it. They'll appeal the 5 year ban (and rightly so I think it will be overturned anyway).

Why all this holding back information and other bollocks I really don't understand.

Whatever about Liveline (and I've never listened to it in my life) the facts are fairly clear. Dromid were on the end of some rough house tactics during the game (probably nothing that OTT I would imagine). Some d**khead from Dromid instigated the handbags with clipboard man and then Derrytresk took it from there. Both clubs are guilty for what happened but Dromid's subs didn't jump on to the pitch for a bout of handbags (Derrytresks substitutes haven't a pile of sense about them have they?) which means that Derrytresks punishments are much worse.

How can Derrytresk be crying about DOS not getting banned when the disciplinary committee were not in receipt of that picture? Both Clubs need to STFU and let the whole thing blow over. Neither is doing themselves any favours with the wider GAA Community!!

Are DT whining about the picture tho?
I know there's been plenty put up here and in the media regarding it but has there actually been anything offical coming from DT complaining about it? Geniune question as I lost track of the thread a few pages back and can't be bothered reading through it again.
If they are, then definitely, I can't see any benefit in it. But it's just I haven't seen anything coming from the club itself unless you count ONeill...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Meadie jinxy anti-nordie Tyronie shocker!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Jinxy

I'm not anti-nordie.
I've no problem whatsoever with Antrim, Armagh, Down, Derry and Fermanagh.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

tbrick18

Quote from: Jinxy on February 10, 2012, 02:16:37 PM
I'm not anti-nordie.
I've no problem whatsoever with Antrim, Armagh, Down, Derry and Fermanagh.

Are you saying you just dont like Tyrone?
You sure you're not a closet nordie yourself?  :D ;)