More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 10, 2012, 10:21:35 AM
Sheamy, your posts are making me laugh - you are criticising every account that people are recalling from people who were actually at the game - yet you seem quite happy to speak matter of factly even though you probably didnt even know the game was taking place until this all blew up last week. Will you be at the game on Sunday? If not, i await your match report.

Benny,

I was at the game and the contradictions between the accounts is clear for all to see. The most vocal defenders of the Hill on this thread weren't at the game either from what I can make out. As a BTW, it was a good enough game of football for the standard expected of Junior football. I'm not going to try and say what appears to be a strike by DOS in the photo didn't happen, but I didn't see it if it did happen.

This following isn't meant as a justification for striking as I have been consistent on this from the start, IE. any man who does it should at the very least expect a slap in the mouth. The niggling, shite talk, heel tramping and other actions that DOS had to put up from the first whistle to the last and after the match is unacceptable in any form. It seems to have become more and more an accepted part of the game which is disgusting.

screenexile

Quote from: oakleafgael on February 10, 2012, 10:42:06 AM
Sheamy, your posts are making me laugh - you are criticising every account that people are recalling from people who were actually at the game - yet you seem quite happy to speak matter of factly even though you probably didnt even know the game was taking place until this all blew up last week. Will you be at the game on Sunday? If not, i await your match report.

Benny,

I was at the game and the contradictions between the accounts is clear for all to see. The most vocal defenders of the Hill on this thread weren't at the game either from what I can make out. As a BTW, it was a good enough game of football for the standard expected of Junior football. I'm not going to try and say what appears to be a strike by DOS in the photo didn't happen, but I didn't see it if it did happen.

This following isn't meant as a justification for striking as I have been consistent on this from the start, IE. any man who does it should at the very least expect a slap in the mouth. The niggling, shite talk, heel tramping and other actions that DOS had to put up from the first whistle to the last and after the match is unacceptable in any form. It seems to have become more and more an accepted part of the game which is disgusting.

Careful there olg you're not towing the party line on this one. DOS was causing all the bother going round clipping boys and generally being a bad boy to the Derrytresk lads while they ONLY lost it after the Dromid guy had a go at clipboard man.

DOS the big dirty brute even hit a young Derrytresk sub who was looking for an autograph. . . bad bad boy!!

sheamy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 10, 2012, 10:20:32 AM
Quote from: sheamy on February 10, 2012, 10:15:53 AM
Lads, play the ball, not the man...if you can't deal with the issues, don't attack me personally.

Attack?! Jeez Sheamy, I haven't even started!  ;)

you're letting yourself down now...personal attack and slander seems to be the modus operandi of the week. Go ahead but I, like DOS, won't be partaking...

Sandino

AZ I have watched and read your comments over the last sixty odd pages and it's admirable to see your pursuit of justice, in that you want the guilty party punished at all costs. In your opinion this is Derrytresk and you have gone out of your way to insist that this is not a northern thing or a Tyrone thing, you just want justice to be done.
Now however it seems you don't want DOS punished because this happened three weeks ago, What happened to your pursuit of natural justice that you have pursued for over 60 pages? I have no idea if the photo is genuine, even if it is,  it's unlikely to lead to a suspension, nor do I care.  However are you still interested in justice? Should DOS be punished if this photo is genuine?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Nally Stand

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 10, 2012, 10:31:06 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 10:38:59 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 05:11:21 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 04:32:00 PM
And can anybody explain what the Dessytresk fella is up to? Did Derrytresk's Photoshop man get him to pull that pose after training yesterday so they could photograph it and place him in the shot or does he just have a bad back and always walk like that?

Anybody?

Nobody?

Somebody!!!

Sheamy?? Maybe you could explain??

Come on Sheamy, if the photo is so clearly a fake then you should have a fairly easy explanation.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ONeill

What did Harte say in his article today?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Benny,

There was some squad from Derry at the game.
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 10, 2012, 09:54:52 AM
Well, well, no letter from Declan O'Sullivan in today's Irish Times bemoaning his misrepsentation.  ::)

Oh right. That's that then. ::)

sheamy

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 10, 2012, 10:54:34 AM
And can anybody explain what the Dessytresk fella is up to? Did Derrytresk's Photoshop man get him to pull that pose after training yesterday so they could photograph it and place him in the shot or does he just have a bad back and always walk like that?

Anybody?

Nobody?

Somebody!!!

Come on Sheamy, if the photo is so clearly a fake then you should have a fairly easy explanation.

Sweet jasus man, do you really think your style of badgering is effective in making a point. Here's a possible explanation by some other deluded individual like myself. It seems to address the source of your frustration.

http://www.joe.ie/gaa/gaa-news/could-this-picture-land-kerry-star-declan-osullivan-in-trouble-0020694-1#comment-3781

So, prid pro quo, now you answer some of the questions I asked regarding the different accounts presented here.

clarshack

i heard about this photo the day after the game and it definitely is not a fake. it's just been taken with a cheap camera.

it's only been released now as derrytresk were advised to keep their heads down and say nothing until after the disciplinary/appeals process had taken place.

sheamy

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 10, 2012, 10:56:38 AM

Benny,

Well Craigbane were playing afterwards  ;D ;D ;D

oakleafgael

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 10, 2012, 10:56:38 AM

Benny,

There was probably more Derry supporters there than where at Celtic Park last Sunday or will be in Omagh on Sunday.

Nally Stand

Quote from: sheamy on February 10, 2012, 10:59:33 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 10, 2012, 10:54:34 AM

Anybody?

Nobody?

Somebody!!!

Sweet jasus man, do you really think your style of badgering is effective in making a point. Here's a possible explanation by some other deluded individual like myself. It seems to address the source of your frustration.

http://www.joe.ie/gaa/gaa-news/could-this-picture-land-kerry-star-declan-osullivan-in-trouble-0020694-1#comment-3781

So, prid pro quo, now you answer some of the questions I asked regarding the different accounts presented here.

Don't go referring me to someone else's view. You are doing some amount of slabbering about photoshop so I'd like your explanation to my questions if you can?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

AZOffaly

Quote from: Winnie Peg on February 10, 2012, 10:35:29 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 10, 2012, 10:27:42 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 10, 2012, 10:18:00 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 10, 2012, 09:59:49 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 10, 2012, 09:54:52 AM
Well, well, no letter from Declan O'Sullivan in today's Irish Times bemoaning his misrepsentation.  ::)

He hasn't said a word since the whole thing started, and you can be sure he was contacted by the media given his profile. Why would he change that stance now? Or are you digging at people who say it's a fake picture?

There's a difference AZ: it's one thing refusing to respond to enquiries, but it would be a whole different matter to have a doctored photo of yourself put out there that portrays one in a very bad light; one's passive and the other's active.

In answer to your specific questions: a bit of both.

I don't think it's doctored, so why would Declan come out and say anything? He hasn't said a word since it happened, so I wouldn't expect him to say anything now. He's concentrating on Kerry again now that he's back in that panel for the game with Armagh. 

I think if this picture was to come out at all, it should have come out at the start, not 3 weeks later. The photo does nothing to exonerate Derrytresk from the incidents they got suspended for, it can only mean trouble for Declan O'Sullivan, 3 weeks after the fact. Anyway, that's going over old ground myself and O'Neill went through last night, so no point saying the same thing again.

I just can't wait for the final this weekend, and all this to be put behind.
FFS, nobody has kept it going more than yourself. Get over it and move on.

Fair cop I suppose. But I'm just responding to other posts. I'll just bite my tongue. :D

AZOffaly

Quote from: Sandino on February 10, 2012, 10:49:40 AM
AZ I have watched and read your comments over the last sixty odd pages and it's admirable to see your pursuit of justice, in that you want the guilty party punished at all costs. In your opinion this is Derrytresk and you have gone out of your way to insist that this is not a northern thing or a Tyrone thing, you just want justice to be done.
Now however it seems you don't want DOS punished because this happened three weeks ago, What happened to your pursuit of natural justice that you have pursued for over 60 pages? I have no idea if the photo is genuine, even if it is,  it's unlikely to lead to a suspension, nor do I care.  However are you still interested in justice? Should DOS be punished if this photo is genuine?

Shite, now I have to respond.

Yes, Declan should be punished if he is found to have struck. I'm only questioning the timing of the publication of the photo. Not the content. I've NEVER said in any of my posts that Dromid players who did wrong should not be punished.