Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: rogercasement on Today at 09:48:02 AM
Quote from: Antrim on Today at 09:42:43 AM
Quote from: rogercasement on Today at 09:25:15 AM
Quote from: Antrim on Today at 08:29:02 AMThe new rules have turned everything on its head. Had that game been 2 years ago, Cargin would have bored people to death with a 0-07 to 0-04 win.

Rossa showed adventure and stayed in the game long enough to give themselves a chance with the breeze in the second half but still had a lot to do. Some unbelievable scores from the right as I was watching it from the stand side.

Some strange decisions from Cargin management or maybe the well.has run a bit dry. They brought on a few players who got on the ball but slowed the game up and was afraid to kick and allowed Rossa to get back in shape by going backwards with the hands all the time. Tough kicking conditions but McNabb was very poor yesterday. Johnstone and Laverty were decent to good. Walsh brought physicality to mark McCann who didnt like it and was behaving a bit like Ronaldo. Shivers was given all he wanted and more in Midfield. Although he won plenty of ball he didnt show the same amount of dynamism as Liam McEnhill did. I thought for such a young man, he gave an amazing performance. Rossa's McMenamin was their star performer but kudos have to go to young Walsh who worked his socks off.  Dominic McEnhill had his shooting boots on. Couldn't believe how timid Cargin were on him. Very unlike them. Byrne was the standout keeper and showed why hes the best in the business. Oozed class and showed up a lot in the Cargin half but his kicking was superb.

Overall the best team won. The wind was always going to be a factor.  Rossa like Dunloy last year, played with freedom and hit Cargin with pace and enthusiasm. Cargin tried (again) to be methodical and slow and must have a rule where only certain people can shoot. They looked devoid of ideas and little creativity bar Laverty attacking from deep. They had their opportunities against the wind but their kicking let them down. They're far from done like but thats two years in a row they havent learned or maybe just dont have the quality anymore.

You have basically said everything I said, yet I was talking shite🧐

Please point out to me where I made any reference to the referee being a factor in Cargin's defeat?

I think you're missing the point entirely. You were talking shite that the referee got you and Cargin beat. I dont think I mentioned Mark O'Neill once. The only bad thing about his appearance were his white boots!
Aside from the referee all my other points were as you said!! I am just talking about what I seen. The referee didn't get us or Cargin beat and I didn't say that. What I did say was on both occasions the referees seemed to lean towards Rossa as they had momentum, it helped them. We were beaten fair and square BUT if the first penno, given for a blatant dive hadn't been given we would have been in semi. And for what it is worth Cargin would have beat us cos they would have been up for it, unlike yesterday.
My word....

Anyway, well done to Sean Fleming and Rossa. They deserve a lot of credit for those performances.

SlemishSoldier31

Quote from: paddyjohn on Today at 10:35:51 AM
Quote from: SlemishSoldier31 on Today at 10:25:16 AMWas good to see Mick Byrne getting one over the Cargin brigade who kicked him out of the county setup and then seeing his replacement in the other net play so poorly.

I've always thought Byrne was the best keeper in the county and that was just one of the many mistakes the Cargin royalties made when letting their own club bias get in the way of decision making.

How'd they kick him out?

Was told this from a few of our lads who were in the camp, I don't need to go into any major detail as it is quite obvious what happened.

But when Mick McCann first came into the setup, a lot of the decisions he made were with his green tinted glasses on. One of his first missions was to bring in club mate McNabb to replace Byrne who had never put a foot wrong for the county and was actually regarded as a top keeper across the country. Mick insisted on bringing Ginny in to start who had never once commited to the county before and Byrne was told he would be playing a backup role. He done just right to leave the panel and go play for his club and I'm sure he enjoyed that revenge yesterday.

AllStar15

#41732
How do you go from a 20 point hammering at Dunloy to two top drawer consecutive performances! Maith thú Rossa and Sean

I'll say it again...straight knock out is where it is at!!

Antrim

Quote from: rogercasement on Today at 10:40:13 AMI'm not crying, merely pointing out and any observer at past 2 games will tell you same, referee kept Rossa momentum going, Rossa folk said same to me!!

Did they aye?

You're doing the same as Bannside was. "Well done Rossa but..."

"Well done Rossa, once that referee leaned towards you and kept you in the game (twice) they were hard to stop".

Would you listen to yourself ffs.

Anyway, well done to Sean and the rest of the management.

p3427977

Quote from: paddyjohn on Today at 10:34:49 AM
Quote from: p3427977 on Today at 09:53:33 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on Today at 09:31:08 AM
Quote from: p3427977 on Today at 09:30:16 AMWhere will the final be?

Ballycastle. Double header with the JFC
Cheers. Two conflicting posts there with yours and the one below. Not sure if the other post is being sarcastic.

I'm being a d**k.

I'm assuming Corrigan again.
Ah ;D

belfastsaff

Quote from: AllStar15 on Today at 11:09:31 AMHow do you go from a 20 point hammering at Dunloy to two top drawer consecutive performances! Maith thú Rossa and Sean

I'll say it again...straight knock out is where it is at!!

Both st brides and rossa would have been out if it was straight knock out...

SlemishSoldier31

Quote from: belfastsaff on Today at 11:48:55 AM
Quote from: AllStar15 on Today at 11:09:31 AMHow do you go from a 20 point hammering at Dunloy to two top drawer consecutive performances! Maith thú Rossa and Sean

I'll say it again...straight knock out is where it is at!!

Both st brides and rossa would have been out if it was straight knock out...

What a naive way to look at it, both these teams weren't at peak stage for their opening games of group as they both knew they were playing the best team in group and had the safety net of finishing second.

You are actually proving his point here further that knockout is the way to go to get rid of these early shadow boxing stages.

YoungSaff

Quote from: SlemishSoldier31 on Today at 11:54:46 AM
Quote from: belfastsaff on Today at 11:48:55 AM
Quote from: AllStar15 on Today at 11:09:31 AMHow do you go from a 20 point hammering at Dunloy to two top drawer consecutive performances! Maith thú Rossa and Sean

I'll say it again...straight knock out is where it is at!!

Both st brides and rossa would have been out if it was straight knock out...

What a naive way to look at it, both these teams weren't at peak stage for their opening games of group as they both knew they were playing the best team in group and had the safety net of finishing second.

You are actually proving his point here further that knockout is the way to go to get rid of these early shadow boxing stages.

Spot on SS , straight knockout eliminates these boring games