Tyrone club football

Started by Jinxy, November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Archer's article was a joke. He more or less made a veiled attempt to excuse the umbrella incident saying the man was just reacting to 'how Carrickmore were behaving' on the pitch, and then went on to explain how the ensuing fight in the stands was the fault of Carrickmore fans becuase they shouldn't have reacted to the umbrella incident. A total witch hunt of an article.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Orangemac

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 17, 2011, 02:28:14 PM
Im in no way singling out the two clubs involved - this is not an excuse, but i've seen crowds get involved in violence in matches many times before, in fact when my own club played in an U16 Championship semi final back in 90s, where adults were swinging for kids, it was unreal - but it happens because people get away with it and its time an example was made.
An example has to be made whether it is a fine or banning clubs form playing home matches but maybe in cases where referees are attacked or supporters get involved the Ulster council should hand out the bans rather than county boards who are more than likely going to have clubmen on them.

If there was a precedent set then all involved at club level would know the consequences of this kind of thing kicking off.

Aaron Boone

Match should've have been in Healy Park rather then tighter confines of Dunmoyle.

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Agent Orange

Are the media not making a mountain out of a mole hill here? To listen to the BBC you would think that there was a full scale riot. I am not making excuses for Tyronies, but this was nothing more than a few slaps thrown and lets be honest every club attracts undesireables like these. While we can not tolerate this sort of behaviour it is hardly hooliganism, nor is it a problem that is out of control.
Just my 2p.

imtommygunn

Until I heard about the ear biting I thought the same. We're supposed to live in a civilised society - there is no way that kind of behaviour can be tolerated.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: rrhf on November 17, 2011, 01:00:16 PM

Why? So everyone else will have a chance of winning then? Jealousy is an awful thing!
Carmen Stateside WTF
What have carmen won in 4 -5 years?  Theres a lot of posters saying very little on here about the happenings of Sunday dont turn them against you.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 17, 2011, 11:27:09 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 17, 2011, 10:57:33 PM
Until I heard about the ear biting I thought the same. We're supposed to live in a civilised society - there is no way that kind of behaviour can be tolerated.
Sadly there was a similarly bloody case not too long ago on the pitch in a junior league game in Tyrone, though it didn't involve the ENT area.
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=12.msg1017151#msg1017151

Bloody Hell! Between these and Rasharkin, it's a catalogue of shameful behaviour this last while that reflects badly on the GAA and our ambivalent attitude to violence. How long before we have our own local McGovern-type incident? or a death on-field or in the stands? They'd be some hand-wringing then  >:( It only takes one punch...

Jinxy

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on November 18, 2011, 12:36:14 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 17, 2011, 11:27:09 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 17, 2011, 10:57:33 PM
Sadly there was a similarly bloody case not too long ago on the pitch in a junior league game in Tyrone, though it didn't involve the ENT area.
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=12.msg1017151#msg1017151

Bloody Hell! Between these and Rasharkin, it's a catalogue of shameful behaviour this last while that reflects badly on the GAA and our ambivalent attitude to violence. How long before we have our own local McGovern-type incident? or a death on-field or in the stands? They'd be some hand-wringing then  >:( It only takes one punch...

Most GAA people aren't ambivalent to violence.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Take Your Points on November 17, 2011, 09:46:06 PM

Couple of points re that image.

1. What's Steve Clarke doing there? (Middle right with Dromore jacket).
2. Look at the two boyos up the back with the camera phones out!  :)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: NaomhBridAbĂș on November 17, 2011, 02:23:38 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on November 17, 2011, 01:50:10 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbĂș on November 17, 2011, 01:16:24 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 17, 2011, 07:27:07 AM
Disgraceful scenes. We have always known that Tyrone are a very unsporting county and this is further proof.

go away and f**k yourself, ye bog tramping ****
Its decent Tyrone gaels like yourself thats getting their good name dragged through the mud because of the events from the last weekend  :D

i know, and the last thing you need is some pious 'holier than thou' w**ker from Kerry, dropping his log into the fire - this problem is not localised to Carrickmore or Dromore, nor Tyrone. It's a blight to ALL PHYSICAL sports - that **** should stick to making green waist coats for american tourists.

You are just the type of foul mouthed tr**p that we see those photos throwing punches within inches of innocent children. You should wash your mouth out, cop on and learn to control yourself, you bowsie.

Mike Sheehy

Look at all the lads just inside the fence....does everybody in Tyrone wear jeans or what ? ...and the bleached blond hair  :D

Its bad enough that you are all gurriers , could you at least show a bit of individuality for christ sakes.

nrico2006

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 17, 2011, 06:09:32 PM
Archer's article was a joke. He more or less made a veiled attempt to excuse the umbrella incident saying the man was just reacting to 'how Carrickmore were behaving' on the pitch, and then went on to explain how the ensuing fight in the stands was the fault of Carrickmore fans becuase they shouldn't have reacted to the umbrella incident. A total witch hunt of an article.

Was thinking the same around his comments on the umbrella incident - its as if he was saying it was ok for the Dromore fans to start a riot because they were provoked by on the field antics.  Must remember that one next time I am at a match and see someone doing abit of wrestling on the field, maybe it will give me the excuse to turn around and mug some old granny who is watching the match too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

goal and a point

Quote from: Aaron Boone on November 17, 2011, 09:35:50 PM
Match should've have been in Healy Park rather then tighter confines of Dunmoyle.

Agree - it would be difficult to start a full scale malee in the stand in Omagh. Also most carrickmore fans always stand in the terrace anyway so both fans would have been far apart, plus the umbrella man would have needed a super long umbrella to get near a player.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 18, 2011, 02:47:41 AM
Look at all the lads just inside the fence....does everybody in Tyrone wear jeans or what ? ...and the bleached blond hair  :D

Its bad enough that you are all gurriers , could you at least show a bit of individuality for christ sakes.

Suppose it makes a change for you too see somebody out of wellies and not sleeping with their sister
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.