Tyrone club football

Started by Jinxy, November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: ONeill on November 14, 2011, 12:22:20 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on November 14, 2011, 09:10:45 AM

Also, O'Neill tries to deflect attention by highlighting instances from other counties. That completely misses the point.
If everyone tries to ignore the problem or say "everyone else is doing it", then the problem will never be resolved, and in all likelyhood will get worse.
It's time supporters, clubs and county boards took some responsibility for themselves ffs.

I'm afraid it is not me who missed the point. I wasn't addressing a point. I was meeting one idiotic poster's ravings with another idiotic comment.

It's extremely easy to see through those who will use this as a bit of an opportunity for gratification.

I'd throw the book at whoever is found guilty, individuals and clubs. Should everyone in the club suffer for the actions of a few maggots? In my book yes (to an extent - leave the underage out of it) because it can stimulate healthy debate on a code of conduct and internal discipline.  The Rasharkin incident set the standard here for initial punishment and I think the protagonists on Sunday will receive a similar fate. Ulster GAA should be lauded if that's the case. I just hope the rest of Ireland's provinces will be as clinical when they've a similar situation to address.

Are you referring to me?
What exactly did I say that was idiotic?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

I fear this violence is going to spill across the border.

Moortown Spuds

Lets not be fooled by this. Carrickmore will not be severly reprimanded, the county board are scared of them.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 14, 2011, 03:10:54 PM
Lets not be fooled by this. Carrickmore will not be severly reprimanded, the county board are scared of them.

:D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Moortown Spuds

RandyDupree

any link to site showing the pictures?

LeoMc

Quote from: screenexile on November 14, 2011, 02:33:55 PM
Someone made a good point about the league being taken too seriously. When Derry went to an 8 team league and playing every team twice and the bottom 2 relegated it was a disaster. I think one weekend there were mass brawls in all 4 games.

Now with the league back to 16 teams there has been less of that kind of thing and I think it's a much better system and allows teams more of a chance to build for the Championship without fear of relegation!

We have a 16 team league adn we still get these scenes.  :-[
We would 1 division of 50 and no relegation with everyone getting a medal for taking part :(

tyssam5

Quote from: Jinxy on November 14, 2011, 02:49:32 PM
It's bizarre that Tyrone posters are choosing to have a go at me rather than discuss the actual topic.
All wumming aside lads.
Look at that picture for christs sake.

People always like to shoot the messenger, especially when he lacks credibility. Anyone who's been on here for a while knows your agenda. Topic is a serious one, so you should have left it to another person to raise it.

AQMP

Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2011, 03:03:49 PM
I fear this violence is going to spill across the border.

Into Derry or Armagh??

AQMP

More pics here:

http://www.u.tv/Galleries/Carrickmore-v-Dromore-Brawl-Erupts/6BD18E5B-3657-43E3-BEE0-CC3A9FBF23CD

In fairness to Tyrone people, most of the crowd have a look of shock on their faces.  Matters not helped by the Carrickmore no 19 trying to climb the wire to get into the crowd.

http://www.u.tv/Galleries/GalleryPicture.aspx?guid=6BD18E5B-3657-43E3-BEE0-CC3A9FBF23CD&ImgId=189608

The Carrickmore nos 2 & 10 need to visit a competent barber.

Jinxy

Quote from: tyssam5 on November 14, 2011, 03:45:48 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on November 14, 2011, 02:49:32 PM
It's bizarre that Tyrone posters are choosing to have a go at me rather than discuss the actual topic.
All wumming aside lads.
Look at that picture for christs sake.

People always like to shoot the messenger, especially when he lacks credibility. Anyone who's been on here for a while knows your agenda. Topic is a serious one, so you should have left it to another person to raise it.

What's my agenda then?

seafoid

Quote from: AQMP on November 14, 2011, 03:58:31 PM
More pics here:

http://www.u.tv/Galleries/Carrickmore-v-Dromore-Brawl-Erupts/6BD18E5B-3657-43E3-BEE0-CC3A9FBF23CD

In fairness to Tyrone people, most of the crowd have a look of shock on their faces.  Matters not helped by the Carrickmore no 19 trying to climb the wire to get into the crowd.

http://www.u.tv/Galleries/GalleryPicture.aspx?guid=6BD18E5B-3657-43E3-BEE0-CC3A9FBF23CD&ImgId=189608

The Carrickmore nos 2 & 10 need to visit a competent barber.

Disgraceful behaviour by those Offaly lads

Jinxy

If I've exaggerated the incident or included any erroneous information please point out where.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Jinxy on November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM
Players and supporters killing each other up there again today.  ::)
Dragging the good name of the association through the mud for the umpteenth time.
Will they ever learn?

Jinxy

Ah gimme a break.
It's a figure of speech.
Very few colloquial terms used to describe physical violence are meant literally.
It's why you never see someone actually being 'burst'.