Donegal v Dublin semi final 28-8-11

Started by Blowitupref, August 07, 2011, 03:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

I can't believe that I am defending Kentucky/Ohio  here but last year's U21 final was a game that imo Dubln dominated but could never put Donegal away............... and nearly lost as a result. Can sort of see where he is coming from although "comfortably" isn't the choice word I would use.

Not knocking Donegal U21s at all, just my opinion on that particular game in Cavan.

sheamy

should this not read:

Durcan
McGrath, McGee, McGlynn; Thompsn, Lacey, Cassidy; Kavangh, Gallaghr; McHugh, Hegarty, Bradley;
Murphy
McBrearty, McFaddn
?

Declan

Looking forward to this one. Can't see more than a couple of points in it either way. Hopefully we can do it. Dubs by 2!!

squire_in_navy_slacks

Ive a feeling in my waters of a 1 point game.........or a draw perhaps

WeeDonns

Hi guys,
Hate to hi-jack the thread, but just wanted to make those of you heading to the game this weekend aware of a fundraiser my Club, Drumragh Sarsfields, are doing

Basically, 150 of our club members are taking part in a Solo Run, in relay, all the way from our club grounds just outside Omagh, Co.Tyrone, to Croke Park in time for the All-Ireland Semi-Final

We start off on Saturday morning and keep going right through the night until we reach Croker.  Our Club members have already raised alot of sponsorship to complete our developments, but in addition to this, we will be collecting along the route for the 'Michaela Foundation' set up in memory of Michaela McAreavey (nee Harte)

Our route will take us through some 14 towns and villages, along the A5 N2 road to Dublin and we would really appreciate it if you showed your support along the route, and even threw a euro or two into the collection buckets for the Michaela Foundation. There'll be lots of us also collecting outside Croker wearing green Great Solo Run jerseys.

1 Ball
30 Hours
115 Miles
150 People
36,000 Solos

For more info, check out www.greatsolorun.net

Enjoy the match guys! Lets hope whoever wins it, takes home SAM in September ;)

INDIANA

Quote from: Canalman on August 26, 2011, 11:44:44 AM
I can't believe that I am defending Kentucky/Ohio  here but last year's U21 final was a game that imo Dubln dominated but could never put Donegal away............... and nearly lost as a result. Can sort of see where he is coming from although "comfortably" isn't the choice word I would use.

Not knocking Donegal U21s at all, just my opinion on that particular game in Cavan.

Nevertheless its exactly the same system. I watched Donegal from a height against Kildare and wrote it down on my programme and compared to my notes on the 21 final from last year.

And there are ways around it. I'd imagine Dublin have a few ideas about this. ;D

The key is to score a goal. If we do we'll have a great chance.

Dublin 1-1 Donegal 0-3.

Jinxy

Quote from: WeeDonns on August 26, 2011, 06:26:37 PM
Hi guys,
Hate to hi-jack the thread, but just wanted to make those of you heading to the game this weekend aware of a fundraiser my Club, Drumragh Sarsfields, are doing

Basically, 150 of our club members are taking part in a Solo Run, in relay, all the way from our club grounds just outside Omagh, Co.Tyrone, to Croke Park in time for the All-Ireland Semi-Final

We start off on Saturday morning and keep going right through the night until we reach Croker.  Our Club members have already raised alot of sponsorship to complete our developments, but in addition to this, we will be collecting along the route for the 'Michaela Foundation' set up in memory of Michaela McAreavey (nee Harte)

Our route will take us through some 14 towns and villages, along the A5 N2 road to Dublin and we would really appreciate it if you showed your support along the route, and even threw a euro or two into the collection buckets for the Michaela Foundation. There'll be lots of us also collecting outside Croker wearing green Great Solo Run jerseys.

1 Ball
30 Hours
115 Miles
150 People
36,000 Solos

For more info, check out www.greatsolorun.net

Enjoy the match guys! Lets hope whoever wins it, takes home SAM in September ;)

If someone over carries do you have to go all the way back to the start?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Blowitupref

Does the sell out this weekend indicate the hype is in full flow?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

heffo

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 26, 2011, 09:12:47 PM

In Donegal yes, there'll be more Hegartys, McGonigles, Cassidys & what not there Sunday than you can shake a stick at.

Blowitupref

Quote from: heffo on August 26, 2011, 09:15:40 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 26, 2011, 09:12:47 PM

In Donegal yes, there'll be more Hegartys, McGonigles, Cassidys & what not there Sunday than you can shake a stick at.

What's the ticket spread that should give us a better indicator.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Croí na hÉireann

Not much hype in Dublin but there is an expectation that they will win with a few points to spare. No one looking to Kerry yet though. If Dublin goal they will pull clear I feel, Donegal need to goal to win and if it's a point only game Dublin should come through. It won't be pretty but it will be intriguing and have a good seat to view it from even if it is in the upper tier. Donegal will shock the life out of Dublin and leave them in good shape for the final, Dublin by 2.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

heffo

Kevin Cassidy's memory of the drawn game in 2002 must be blurred from the session afterwards:

"If you look back at that game, we had the game won and we threw it away"

http://examiner.ie/sport/gaa/cassidy-laments-bad-old-days-165621.html

My recollection is that Donegal scrambled a draw with Adrian Sweeney scoring an equaliser with the last kick of the game.

heffo

Quote from: blanketattack on August 24, 2011, 12:16:16 PM
Quote from: Goldengreen on August 24, 2011, 09:59:43 AM
interesting insight to the mentality of the Dublin players going into the AI final in 92

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/carr-i-knew-dubs-would-lose-92-final-a-month-beforehand-2856006.html

Most of the Dublin team were at the Kerry-Mayo semi last Sunday, presumably with the same mentality.

No they weren't.