19 Kyle Coney – Ard Bo
20 Brian Dooher(C) – Clann na nGael
21 Davy Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
22 Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mhór
23 Damian McCaul – Domhnach Mór
24 Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
25 Enda McGinley – Aireagal Chiaráin
26 Tommy McGuigan – Ard Bó

Can someone explain to me why O'Neill and Ricey aren't named on here?

Can only name 26 for the programme. Excluding the goalie the subs are normally listed alphabetically.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Puckoon on August 04, 2011, 11:44:04 PM
Quote from: 20leg-end08 on August 04, 2011, 08:04:00 PM
Comórtas: Craobh na Sinnsear
Cluiche: Tír Eoghain  v  Áth Cliath
Ionad: Pairc an Chrócaigh
Dáta: 06-08-11

Liosta

1 Pascal McConnell – An Baile Nua
2 Martin Swift – Coill an Chlochair
3 Joe McMahon – An Omaigh
4 Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
5 Sean O'Neill – An Droim Mhór
6 Conor Gormley - An Charraig Mhór
7 Philip Jordan – An Mhaigh
8 Kevin Hughes – Cill Íseal   
9 Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
10 Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
11 Brian McGuigan – Ard Bo
12 Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
13 Martin Penrose – Achadh Uí Aráin
14 Mark Donnelly – An Charraig Mhór
15 Owen Mulligan – An Chorra Chriochach

16 John Devine – Aireagal Chiaráin
17 Dermot Carlin – Coill an Chlochair
18 Aidan Cassidy -Eochar
19 Kyle Coney – Ard Bo
20 Brian Dooher(C) – Clann na nGael
21 Davy Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
22 Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mhór
23 Damian McCaul – Domhnach Mór
24 Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
25 Enda McGinley – Aireagal Chiaráin
26 Tommy McGuigan – Ard Bó

Can someone explain to me why O'Neill and Ricey aren't named on here?

They are playing for their Clubs. I seen Stevie in Artigarvan earlier getting directions to The Rock!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fuzzman

We're home to the Rock on Friday but Stevie wants to cycle down to Dublin Sat morning.
Is the forecast for rain Sat evening. I'll prob get soaked in row P of the Hogan.

screenexile

Quote from: LeoMc on August 04, 2011, 10:28:12 PM
A good team, I think we will see Gormley and Joe picking up the 2 Brogans with no full time sweeper, Harte, Justy, Jordan & McGuigan will all fill the role at various times.
Hopefully we can keep it tight til half time and then we will see Dooher and Ricey coming in to up the work rate followed by O'Neill and Coney to try to pick off points when the game starts to get ragged.

All the above is concentrating on the Tyrone game. I haven't seen enough of Dublin to know how they will play and that is why I fear them.

For Tyrone's sake I would very much hope not! Swift and Justin for those duties I would imagine with Gormley and Joe sweeping in front.

ONeill

Watched the highlights of the Roscommon game a couple of times tonight and it was alarming the amount of scores Roscommon got without a Tyrone glove near the assist nor scorer - in both halves. Tyrone had to work seriously hard for the majority of theirs, with lads hanging out of them, and took them. It seemed like they (full back line) were afraid to contest balls for fear of being left exposed. McMahon and Gormley seemed to slipping a serious amount too.

Roscommon kicked that away.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Thought Red Sean slipped most of all.

Don't think it will as open a game against the Dubs; Roscommon kicked the first half away, but didn't really have an answer in the second.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2011, 12:09:55 AM

Don't think it will as open a game against the Dubs; Roscommon kicked the first half away, but didn't really have an answer in the second.

It was quite unbelievable that Tyrone were ahead at half time. The one time they stood off Tyrone, Sean scored his goal. The Rossies with any cuteness should've had Tyrone by the balls at half time with a 6-7 point lead.

It's a good situation as long as the frailties are addressed - they've a good bit to rectify/work on this week.

Why was the game so open though?

snippets

this bus aint gonna drive itself.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on August 05, 2011, 12:16:46 AM

The game was so open (in the first half particularly) because the players didn't really apply themselves to the nth degree; there was a smidgen of complacency in evidence, and that was coupled with a not-very-defensive player pattern on the field... the antithesis of Donegal's approach this year - it was very much of a 'we'll score more than them' philosophy.

ONeill

Fair enough. What's the vibe in Jackeenland?

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on August 05, 2011, 12:16:46 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2011, 12:09:55 AM

It was quite unbelievable that Tyrone were ahead at half time. The one time they stood off Tyrone, Sean scored his goal. The Rossies with any cuteness should've had Tyrone by the balls at half time with a 6-7 point lead.

It's a good situation as long as the frailties are addressed - they've a good bit to rectify/work on this week.

If you read brolly this week he mentions that Tyrone tried to go man to man with Roscommon - only to realise the Rossies were more than fit for them. Implemented a sweeper after half time and locked it up a bit more.

ross4life

Yes we did kick it away especially in the 1st half, 9 wides & Gormley's block to stop a certain Shine goal. i also wonder why it was such an open game? but it was almost a carbon copy of a challenge game we had the previous weekend v Kerry.

1-14 will be enough to win Saturday's game i feel.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on August 05, 2011, 12:28:34 AM
What's the vibe in Jackeenland?

Vibe is very low-key (that I can discern at least).

That can be interpreted in two ways (uber confident & quietly confident  ;)) - the Dubs aren't half as predictable as they used to be, unfortunately!

Fuzzman

I've noticed that in games sometimes where Harte almost abandon the defensive system and lets his defenders go man to man. I wonder is it to keep them sharp and on their toes and not get too used to having someone covering them all the time. I listened to the game on newstalk and they mentioned that had it been Dublin or Kerry then we would have played a sweeper.
I think Mickey won't be taking such risks this weekend or at least not wait as long to Change it.

The mood with my Dubs fans is very quiet. It's as if they're scared of us but also no fine well they could beat us again. In fairness most have a lot of respect for Tyrone now & would see a victory as a massive step to the AI.