Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gethimaf

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 04, 2011, 01:31:37 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2011, 12:19:06 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 04, 2011, 10:14:55 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 04, 2011, 10:11:51 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 04, 2011, 09:43:41 AM
Well Barry Cahill starting at CHF should give you an idea that your team isn't as good as some of ye are making out . . . him and Cullen are defenders yet both will be starting in the HF line!!

HF is where your creativity comes from yet these 2 are not creative players. Tyrone will more than likely be playing Brian McGuigan and Peter Harte in their Half Forward Line. . . I think that illustrates the point I am trying to make.

Does it mean Dublin are going ultra defensive and are going to play loads of men behind the ball?

I was alluding more to this myth that Dublin have these great players when really they only have 2 decent forwards in their team. Like everyone else who comes up against a better team of course they will retreat and try to hit Tyrone on the counter. I don't think it will work for them.

Most of the tyrone forward line is still unproven. Tyrone will still need all of Mulligan, O Neill and Dooher to win this game at the wkend. So no change there
[/b]

Sure so were McCullagh, Tommy and Penrose in 2008.....

There a whole lot more proven than the dublin forward line, they all have all ireland medals

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hound on August 04, 2011, 04:31:31 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 04, 2011, 04:11:06 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 04, 2011, 03:58:20 PM
Brennan wont follow him. Cullen was dragged out of centre back in 2008 out to the wing - they won't make that mistake again.

Would you really want Brennan as a lose man though, he's distribution is awful, for me he is the weakest link on the Dublin team especially in such a pivotal position.

Brennan had a couple of loose ones v Wexford, but generally is a very good distributor. Takes almost all of Dublin's frees around the half back line.

Just checked the Dublin stats site
http://dublingaastats.weebly.com/v-wexford.html

and I suppose he is on a bit of a downward spiral. He's attempted 12 foot passes in each of the 3 games, and his success rate has gone from 11 v Laois, to 10 v Kildare to 9 v Wexford.

Ya can't beat facts but still I think my perception holds and to turn over 25% of your kicked passes as he did against Wexford would be criminal against Tyrone.
#newbridgeornowhere

Fear ón Srath Bán

I think that we'll be there or thereabouts at half-time, and we'll be able to call on the likes of Dooher, Mulligan, O'Neill, McGinley, Davy Harte and Justin Mc Mahon from the bench in the second half (assuming none of those starts), and who have a combined total of 16 Celtic Crosses between them.

According to INDIANA, no doubt, there's not a natural footballer amongst them!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

So what are we thinking about team selection?
Will the Dubs not name theirs until Saturday?

I expect Harte to go with

McConnell
Gormley
Joey
Ricey to be replaced by McCarron
Sean O'Neill
justy
Jordan
Sean
Hub
Colm Cavanagh
B.McGuigan to be replaced by Dooher
Peter Harte
Penrose to be later replaced by SoN
Donnelly
Coney to be later replaced by Mugsy

That's of course if Penrose is fit. If not then Tommy starts again

It will be interesting to watch Clucko hen's kickouts. Will he go up the middle or go short or to the wing half backs?
Interesting Colm Cav caught a lot of ball at RHF like Cavlan did back in 2003.

The one concern I'd have is that Dublin put up their mass defence so we find it hard to get ball into our FF line. Then if we start shooting from further out or from hard angles and we start to miss will we lose our composure and belief.
Donnelly tends to roam out the field a lot and leave huge spaces, as so most of the FF line. I often noticed how players like Hub, Joey & even Block ghost in there with loads of space around them.
Stevie O'Neill is one player who we know can shoot from all sorts of angles and from far out. I'd be happy to see big Sean kicking from well out the field too.

Mr. Nakata

I think there'll be 2 changes from last Saturday's team. Mugsy for Tommy and Justy for Swift. Would love to see Stevie start but think he'll be used from the bench. I've heard that Cassidy isn't ready and Penrose is seriously miffed about not getting a look in, but how much heed do you pay to these stories? We'll see what happens tonight....

ONeill

Unless there are injuries (Swift) I don't think there'll be any changes.

INDIANA

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 04, 2011, 05:46:23 PM
So what are we thinking about team selection?
Will the Dubs not name theirs until Saturday?

I expect Harte to go with

McConnell
Gormley
Joey
Ricey to be replaced by McCarron
Sean O'Neill
justy
Jordan
Sean
Hub
Colm Cavanagh
B.McGuigan to be replaced by Dooher
Peter Harte
Penrose to be later replaced by SoN
Donnelly
Coney to be later replaced by Mugsy

That's of course if Penrose is fit. If not then Tommy starts again

It will be interesting to watch Clucko hen's kickouts. Will he go up the middle or go short or to the wing half backs?
Interesting Colm Cav caught a lot of ball at RHF like Cavlan did back in 2003.

The one concern I'd have is that Dublin put up their mass defence so we find it hard to get ball into our FF line. Then if we start shooting from further out or from hard angles and we start to miss will we lose our composure and belief.
Donnelly tends to roam out the field a lot and leave huge spaces, as so most of the FF line. I often noticed how players like Hub, Joey & even Block ghost in there with loads of space around them.
Stevie O'Neill is one player who we know can shoot from all sorts of angles and from far out. I'd be happy to see big Sean kicking from well out the field too.

We cant name a team till Saturday. Our lads are going on strike due to the lack of bananas they are getting in the gym.

raff

Harte usually very reluctant to make changes and he'll no doubt decide that when you win a match leave well alone. However you will find that Tyrone should finish with a stronger team than what they started with. Whatever 15 is selected you will know that at some stage O'Neill, Mulligan, Dooher, McMahon and Penrose will all make an appearance. It is a 20 man game and it think someone like Harte will have learned from the defeat against Dublin last summer and the similar defeat to Donegal earlier this year.

Aaron Boone

Fnishing with a stronger team than you started with is high-wire stuff. Being in the game at HT is thus vital.

20leg-end08

Comórtas: Craobh na Sinnsear
Cluiche: Tír Eoghain  v  Áth Cliath
Ionad: Pairc an Chrócaigh
Dáta: 06-08-11

Liosta

1 Pascal McConnell – An Baile Nua
2 Martin Swift – Coill an Chlochair
3 Joe McMahon – An Omaigh
4 Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
5 Sean O'Neill – An Droim Mhór
6 Conor Gormley - An Charraig Mhór
7 Philip Jordan – An Mhaigh
8 Kevin Hughes – Cill Íseal   
9 Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
10 Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
11 Brian McGuigan – Ard Bo
12 Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
13 Martin Penrose – Achadh Uí Aráin
14 Mark Donnelly – An Charraig Mhór
15 Owen Mulligan – An Chorra Chriochach

16 John Devine – Aireagal Chiaráin
17 Dermot Carlin – Coill an Chlochair
18 Aidan Cassidy -Eochar
19 Kyle Coney – Ard Bo
20 Brian Dooher(C) – Clann na nGael
21 Davy Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
22 Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mhór
23 Damian McCaul – Domhnach Mór
24 Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
25 Enda McGinley – Aireagal Chiaráin
26 Tommy McGuigan – Ard Bó
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

stew

Feck the supporting of the Ulster teams, c'mon the Dubs.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gaffer

Quote from: stew on August 04, 2011, 08:14:34 PM
Feck the supporting of the Ulster teams, c'mon the Dubs.

Another Armagh man who hates Tyrone  ::)
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

sam03/05

Ricey and Stevie not even named
both will play a big part though