3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on October 25, 2011, 01:13:35 PM
Maybe Michael D has a chance if all the others mutually destroy each other, but if there is one candidate left standing to oppose Michael D, I'd suspect he would still poll his 25%.
His inability to increase his popularity is his failure and I can't say he did enough to change that.

I'm not surprised by McGuinness' stable 13-15%, nor his inability to increase his vote, part of that is probably due him stonewalling questions about his Republican past  and the inability of the electorate to appreciate that he can't talk about it.
And his asset, his crucial role in the GFA and since,  does not resonate with the electorate.
Would I vote for Trimble on the basis of his positive role in the GFA? or Bertie?

I have never understood the appeal of Gallagher, never mind his recent surge of support. Quite frankly i'd prefer Gay Mitchell to him, i.e. if somebody put a gun to my head.
Gay is what he appears to be, a traditional reactionary, an ultra conservative christian democrat, whose hands don't appear to be greasy.
+1

would prefer mitchell as taoiseach instead of that gutter licker we have !

Ulick

Quote from: highorlow on October 25, 2011, 01:35:33 PM
QuoteClarification on 2008 fundraiser

1. The fundraising dinner was held on 1 July 2008, in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dundalk, Co. Louth.

2. One of those who attended was Mr Hugh Morgan of Morgan Fuels Ireland Ltd.

3. The records show that Morgan Fuels Ireland Ltd made a donation of €5,000 to Fianna Fáil. This was by way of cheque dated 26th June 2008.

4. On 30th June 2008, this donation was acknowledged by letter from our then Financial Controller. An official Fianna Fáil receipt was included with this letter;

5. Our Bank has this morning confirmed that this cheque was lodged to our account on 30 June 2008.

FF just issued a statement on the 5 grand.

Looks like it was Marty McGun that got his facts wrong last night. This is going to serve to strengthen SG's support.

Fianna Fáil coming out in support of the Independent?  :D

That changes nothing, Gallagher dug his own hole everything McGuinness said was correct except the date. If anything this raises more problems for Seanie boy as it raises the possibility there was a second payment i.e. the envelope Gallagher mentioned last night.   

Ulick

Gallagher and McGuinness are live on Northern Sound now.

highorlow

QuoteFianna Fáil coming out in support of the Independent? 

What support? They issued a statement on the Facts.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

liihb

First of all I don't mean Sinn Fein, I mean the IRA, which Martin McGuinness was a member of, and certainly more recently than 30 years ago. I agree that the British Army killed innocents, there is absolutely no question of that, and if there was one of them running there's no way I'd give any of them my vote either. Our Northern brethren always give the "well what about the other side" argument. And the other side were very wrong, just as any killing by the IRA was in my opinion. Take Dana as an example, she is from Derry, she's had similar experiences as McGuinness, and she didn't join any terrorist organisation, and neither did thousands of decent honest people. She would get my vote ahead of McGuinness, who is as someone else mentioned is completely stonewalling any question relating to his past. Similar enough to what Gallagher did last night, he was caught out, he obviously was a fund raiser for Fianna Fail. I'm no fan of Gallagher, and I have said before I think Michael D is the best of a bad lot, but this championing of McGuinness is totally at odds with the sentiments I feel as well as 99% of the people I have come in contact with.

As for the twitter incident Nally, I think you're wrong. you think I am wrong, and I don't think we're going to get anywhere by continuing to argue opposites
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Bingo on October 25, 2011, 11:58:26 AM
Gotta love some of the stuff on this thread.
One man is hung cause of his FF past.

Gallagher is not being hung on his FF past.  He is being hung on lying about it.

Previously his links to FF were shown and his ratings went up.

Let's be clear if Seanie suffers, he will have suffered because it:

1.  Took him 24 hours to answer Miriam O'Callaghan's question about his thoughts on FF in government
2.  He didn't just say that he was involved in some fundraisers in his time (as a grass-roots man blah blah).

At best this boyo can't seem to think on his feet, at worst he is an out and out liar.   At this stage the FF connections are small beans.  He has a limited time to give a shot back before the media blackout.  He needs to nail it quick and decisively or else he is out to lunch.

/Jim.

Sea The Stars

Martin lying again......why am I not surprised.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: liihb on October 25, 2011, 01:46:37 PM
First of all I don't mean Sinn Fein, I mean the IRA, which Martin McGuinness was a member of, and certainly more recently than 30 years ago. I agree that the British Army killed innocents, there is absolutely no question of that, and if there was one of them running there's no way I'd give any of them my vote either. Our Northern brethren always give the "well what about the other side" argument. And the other side were very wrong, just as any killing by the IRA was in my opinion. Take Dana as an example, she is from Derry, she's had similar experiences as McGuinness, and she didn't join any terrorist organisation, and neither did thousands of decent honest people. She would get my vote ahead of McGuinness, who is as someone else mentioned is completely stonewalling any question relating to his past. Similar enough to what Gallagher did last night, he was caught out, he obviously was a fund raiser for Fianna Fail. I'm no fan of Gallagher, and I have said before I think Michael D is the best of a bad lot, but this championing of McGuinness is totally at odds with the sentiments I feel as well as 99% of the people I have come in contact with.
so you dont like mcguinness because he was in the IRA. thats fine. thats all you had to say.

I think you are mixing it up a bit though- mcguinness stated he was in the IRA and has apologised for the past. Mr gallagher is trying to hide his past life with FF - so I can see why people are highlighting it - though I think sf are being blamed for this right now but imo it was labour orchestrating this in the past week ever since the polls showed gallagher being a threat to higgins !!

You are prob right that 99% of the people you meet being against mcguinness and the IRA - but thats as a result of years of propaganda against them .
I can meet you in the clubhouse at any time to give you a litany of true stories about the other side of things - how a lot of the uninvlved nationalists were quite happy that the IRA etc took to fight - and helped clear up the problems they were experiencing without having to lift a finger. I have personal experience of both camps there. theres plenty in the club know as much and maybe more- some of who might surprise you !

Ulick

Quote from: Ulick on October 25, 2011, 01:42:10 PM
Gallagher and McGuinness are live on Northern Sound now.

Gallagher didn't show-up.  ???

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on October 25, 2011, 01:48:57 PM
Quote from: Bingo on October 25, 2011, 11:58:26 AM
Gotta love some of the stuff on this thread.
One man is hung cause of his FF past.
Gallagher is not being hung on his FF past.  He is being hung on lying about it.
Previously his links to FF were shown and his ratings went up.
Let's be clear if Seanie suffers, he will have suffered because it:
1.  Took him 24 hours to answer Miriam O'Callaghan's question about his thoughts on FF in government
2.  He didn't just say that he was involved in some fundraisers in his time (as a grass-roots man blah blah).
At best this boyo can't seem to think on his feet, at worst he is an out and out liar.   At this stage the FF connections are small beans.  He has a limited time to give a shot back before the media blackout.  He needs to nail it quick and decisively or else he is out to lunch.
/Jim.
I know i've not always seen eye to eye with you Jim, but you are 100% right above.
I'd like to hear what your view on mcguinness is also.
imo he hasnt a hope for the preseidency. I know him personally (not very well) and like him as he is a good GAA man.Still may not vote however for him or anyone else.

Am a bit bemused by sf having a go at the ind/ff guy - did ff/gallagher have a go at mcguinness in the past few days that I missed?
The more they both do this the more labour benefit !

Forever Green

202 pages of pointless shite. How sad  :'(

muppet

Quote from: Forever Green on October 25, 2011, 02:11:01 PM
202 pages of pointless shite. How sad  :'(

But enough about yourself.  :P
MWWSI 2017

Applesisapples

Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 25, 2011, 11:23:52 AM
Unbelievable that Murderer McGuinness leads the poll on Gaa Board. Must be a large number of posters from Northern Ireland who thankfully won't be voting on Thursday !!

After last night's debacle where he openly admits to conversing with fuel smugglers and tax evaders as recently as yesterday, well how could you let a lowlife like that into the Aras.

Hopefully, after Thursday's election, the 26 counties will have heard the last of McGuinness and he goes back to the North to represent you lot. We don't want him down here and more power to the people down here for not being so fickle.
Do you have proof of these murders McGuinness carried out as he has not been convicted. Hugh Morgan may have a conviction for tax evasion, but compared to some of the strokes pulled by FF he is as pure as snow...and he paid his debt to society. Hugh Morgan has supported the GAA and communities in Down, Armagh and Louth over many years and your crass ignorant comments are a disgrace.

Bingo

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 25, 2011, 02:11:45 PM
Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 25, 2011, 11:23:52 AM
Unbelievable that Murderer McGuinness leads the poll on Gaa Board. Must be a large number of posters from Northern Ireland who thankfully won't be voting on Thursday !!

After last night's debacle where he openly admits to conversing with fuel smugglers and tax evaders as recently as yesterday, well how could you let a lowlife like that into the Aras.

Hopefully, after Thursday's election, the 26 counties will have heard the last of McGuinness and he goes back to the North to represent you lot. We don't want him down here and more power to the people down here for not being so fickle.
Do you have proof of these murders McGuinness carried out as he has not been convicted. Hugh Morgan may have a conviction for tax evasion, but compared to some of the strokes pulled by FF he is as pure as snow...and he paid his debt to society. Hugh Morgan has supported the GAA and communities in Diwn, Armagh and Louth over many years and your crass ignorant comments are a disgrace.

He also see's the benefit to support the party that you are so happy to draw the boot on. It ever occur to you that he supports all of these parties and the GAA because he is a business man and he knows that he benefits greatly from it? Is Hugh Morgan not partly responsible then for FF as he is supporter of this party?