Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Having a more mobile target man would be interesting against cross. McKenna had to move back which, while it worked today, may not work on other days.

St Galls no 9 only booked once. Twice in first 5 minutes cross and galls payer spoken too and only the cross player booked. (Lenny's mind games might have worked...)

For people to say they don't know how st galls won an AI is ridiculous. It's not like that was the only year they were in it - they have been in two AI finals. When they hammered the Clare team they also had to beat the Galway champs in the semi. Salthill only beat them by a point in the first final and they were nearly a who's who of galway football.

St Galls play a sevens brand of football - it doesn't work against Cross.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Gold on October 30, 2011, 09:21:39 PM

I'd have Enda Muldoon on at 14 and send ball in on top of him the next day from the start

I fear that, with Gilligan floating around him picking up the pieces.  I think this will be a major advantage that they will have and could be the difference between the 2 teams.  We will obviously go into the game as favourites but this may give Ballinderry an edge that could sway it for them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 30, 2011, 09:32:40 PM

I'd have Enda Muldoon on at 14 and send ball in on top of him the next day from the start

I fear that, with Gilligan floating around him picking up the pieces.  I think this will be a major advantage that they will have and could be the difference between the 2 teams.  We will obviously go into the game as favourites but this may give Ballinderry an edge that could sway it for them.

Not that McEntee will have caught on to that. McKenna would make a decent fullback. Hopefully we can get back to the Ulster championship next year, beat Trouts all Ireland team along the way ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Is there much coming through in the 17-21 age bracket at St Gall's?

When you're reverting back to DO'H it's not a good sign, albeit he seemed to be effective this time.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on October 30, 2011, 09:45:26 PM
Is there much coming through in the 17-21 age bracket at St Gall's?

When you're reverting back to DO'H it's not a good sign, albeit he seemed to be effective this time.

We have about 3/4 players that will come on to the team but fact is we have at least 3 good years left at doing well at Ulster level should we win Antrim.

We can't keep going forever, teams will eventually get the better of us, Creggan Lamhs have done well at under 18 and 21 over the last few seasons and Cargin are always breeding good footballers. We will get back there hopefully but be difficult to get as good a team. No doubt Trout will have a better team  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Trout

Sure if ya don't get much coming through just recruit a few from other clubs like you usually do.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Trout on October 30, 2011, 09:53:55 PM
Sure if ya don't get much coming through just recruit a few from other clubs like you usually do.

Of course Trout, stick to the Shinner bashing as you know fcuk all else

oakleafgael

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 30, 2011, 09:32:40 PM

I cant see it after watching them today. They struggled without him for the first 15 minutes out around the middle of the field. They only really started playing when he switched out. They could be doing with two of him.

Gilligan was outstanding today but Dromore where very niave with how they tried to deal with him. In the second half in particular there was an acre of space in front of him and I cant understand why McMenamin didnt stay with him the whole game.

Whoever decided that Martin Higgins should be appointed to games of this standard needs a good kick in the balls. He really is appalling. If the same Ulster Council officials do as they should then there are a couple of Dromore boys who wont play any more football this year and half a dozen Ballinderry men. The tunnel wasnt a place for the faint hearted at half time.

Milltown Row2

On a side note i noticed Slab Murphy at Casement today,  Is he a Cross supporter?

border rabbit

At Casement today, went expecting a tight game, how wrong was I! Cross were superior throughout, should have been 10 up at halftime, the 2 goals at the start of the start of the 2nd half actually relected their dominance.

As for Jamie's goal, it was the coolest finish Ive ever seen, he really is a special talent!

Without Paul Kernan and Hanratty (if they are out) they might struggle to retain Ulster / get past Ballinderry

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2011, 06:53:57 PM

As for benny saying that other armagh teams are good. Shows he knows fcuk all about football. Or can't he count? We were beat by seven. Nab beat by 25!

What i said was that you were marginally better than the Nab on yesterday's performance, nothing else. It could have been embarassing but for your 2 soft goals and Cross showboating with you. But sure take all the comfort you can from 'only' being beaten by 7 ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on October 31, 2011, 08:26:29 AM

As for benny saying that other armagh teams are good. Shows he knows fcuk all about football. Or can't he count? We were beat by seven. Nab beat by 25!

What i said was that you were marginally better than the Nab on yesterday's performance, nothing else. It could have been embarassing but for your 2 soft goals and Cross showboating with you. But sure take all the comfort you can from 'only' being beaten by 7 ???

No comfort at all. We also let in some soft goals also, dropping a ball into the path of Cross player for first goal. Give away a penalty also. The best team won (they normally do)

Cross on that performance will continue to dominate Armagh and Ulster football. Fair play

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2011, 08:43:48 PM
Quote from: ogshead on October 30, 2011, 08:38:12 PM
Hanratty got hurt trying to hurt someone else so fcuk him. Have no problem with that. Cross superior team have said it here previous and with no messing. Mentioned winning by 6 i was wrong.

Football terms Cross on different planet. As said already no need for the messing about.

If the doctor was sent off why was he still on the pitch? Two times they have staff coming on and hitting people from behind!! :)

Well we were only beat by them by 4 so that must make us 3 points better then you lot!!

When it really mattered we beat ya's.

By your rationale it would seem that in 2010 Armagh had 3 teams apart from Cross that were better than St Galls - Armagh Harps only lost by 2 points, Cullyhanna only lost by a point (after a replay) and Dromintee only lost by 3 points.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 31, 2011, 09:07:45 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2011, 08:43:48 PM
Quote from: ogshead on October 30, 2011, 08:38:12 PM
Hanratty got hurt trying to hurt someone else so fcuk him. Have no problem with that. Cross superior team have said it here previous and with no messing. Mentioned winning by 6 i was wrong.

Football terms Cross on different planet. As said already no need for the messing about.

If the doctor was sent off why was he still on the pitch? Two times they have staff coming on and hitting people from behind!! :)

Well we were only beat by them by 4 so that must make us 3 points better then you lot!!

When it really mattered we beat ya's.

By your rationale it would seem that in 2010 Armagh had 3 teams apart from Cross that were better than St Galls - Armagh Harps only lost by 2 points, Cullyhanna only lost by a point (after a replay) and Dromintee only lost by 3 points.

Not my rational, Benny's, as he said we were as bad as 'Nab' We only beat the team that came out of Armagh that beat Cross that year

Joxer

In all fairness Milltown Row 2.  Your letting yourself and your club down with some of the shite your talking on here since the game. Embarrassing really!