Rubbernecking

Started by AbbeySider, March 23, 2011, 10:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

I was nearly 20 minutes late to work this morning as every few minutes traffic was at a standstill. I couldnt understand what was happening and I presumed that there was a serious accident or there was roadworks in place. However on my way into the city there was a small truck overturned in a field and idiot drivers were stopping having a good gawking at it, even though the driver door was opened and everyone was safely out. In fact there was not even a bystander there but yet drivers had to get a good look. 

Its the most frustrating thing when people hold up traffic like that out of pure nosiness.  ::) >:(

Bingo

Nothing to see here, move along  ;)

AZOffaly

Quote from: AbbeySider on March 23, 2011, 10:09:07 AM
I was nearly 20 minutes late to work this morning as every few minutes traffic was at a standstill. I couldnt understand what was happening and I presumed that there was a serious accident or there was roadworks in place. However on my way into the city there was a small truck overturned in a field and idiot drivers were stopping having a good gawking at it, even though the driver door was opened and everyone was safely out. In fact there was not even a bystander there but yet drivers had to get a good look. 

Its the most frustrating thing when people hold up traffic like that out of pure nosiness.  ::) >:(

And how did you notice all those details? :D

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

theskull1

I just had to take a look and see what this thread was all about
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Banana Man

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 23, 2011, 10:15:34 AM

:D  :D  :D

AbbeySider

Quote from: Banana Man on March 23, 2011, 10:17:51 AM

A f**king glace would tell you what I saw. People didnt have to pull up their cars for a gwak holding up hundreds of cars.   

Hardy

It's just a law of traffic engineering. Nothing you can do about it - it's predictable and unchanging human behaviour. They're not stopping, just slowing very slightly, which is enough of a perturbation in the traffic flow to start a wave that brings the flow to a stop some way back.

This fella has some interesting stuff.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: AbbeySider on March 23, 2011, 10:30:55 AM

A f**king glace would tell you what I saw. People didnt have to pull up their cars for a gwak holding up hundreds of cars.

I was behind you - you took forever - I thought you were gonna get out of your car at one stage!

AbbeySider

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 23, 2011, 11:47:24 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on March 23, 2011, 10:30:55 AM

I was behind you - you took forever - I thought you were gonna get out of your car at one stage!

Thats pure bolix if I ever heard it!
I tore off like the hammers of hell and passed out 6 cars before getting to work.
Nosey rubbernecking flutes  >:(

ardtole

If you were 20 mins late for work should you not be trying to catch up instead of fluting about on here

RMDrive

Was it gone on the way home? I forgot to look. There was no big hold up so I presume it was.