Quote from: maguire 4 mayo on March 12, 2011, 12:14:00 PM

Mayo Team to play Armagh:

1) Kenneth O'Malley

2) Tom Cunniffe 3) Cathal Hallinan 4) Chris Barrett
5) Peadar Gardiner 6) Ger Cafferkey 7) Ruadhiri O'Connor

8) Tom Parsons 9) Jason Gibbons

10) Aidan Campbell 11) Alan Dillon 12) Kevin McLoughlin
13) Aidan Kilcoyne 14) Andy Moran 15) Jason Doherty

Is this the actual team or just your own suggestion?

actual team.
Ronan McGarrity not starting???

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: maguire 4 mayo on March 12, 2011, 02:05:31 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 12, 2011, 01:07:22 PM
Quote from: maguire 4 mayo on March 12, 2011, 12:14:00 PM

Mayo Team to play Armagh:

1) Kenneth O'Malley

2) Tom Cunniffe 3) Cathal Hallinan 4) Chris Barrett
5) Peadar Gardiner 6) Ger Cafferkey 7) Ruadhiri O'Connor

8) Tom Parsons 9) Jason Gibbons

10) Aidan Campbell 11) Alan Dillon 12) Kevin McLoughlin
13) Aidan Kilcoyne 14) Andy Moran 15) Jason Doherty

Is this the actual team or just your own suggestion?

actual team.
Ronan McGarrity not starting???

A good idea to leave him out for a game I think. Obviously he's a nailed on championship starter for us, but if he gets injured we'll have to try other partnerships so giving our next best midfield pair a run makes sense. Also don't think Parsons has got enough game time for us this year - he seems to be playing good stuff.

We went with the same team week after week last year in the league and learned nothing from it so trying out options this year is the right way to go (even if it costs us league points, which it might well do).
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

RedandGreenSniper

Yeah, Parsons is due a start in fairness and no harm to see more of Gibbons either so it makes sense to rest McGarrity, who has nailed down his spot imo. Chris Barrett is getting a decent go at corner-back too but I think our only definite starters in defence so far are Ger Caff and Tom Cunniffe at 6 and 2. But a good gallop of names not far off that either.

Of the team that went to the programme, Robert Hennelly (1), Richie Feeney (5) and Enda Varley (13) were all picked to start but have been replaced by O'Malley, Gardiner and Kilcoyne respectively. I wonder what the story there was?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: borderfox on March 09, 2011, 10:27:06 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 09, 2011, 09:48:28 PM
Quote from: borderfox on March 07, 2011, 10:53:54 AM
I can remember Mayo and Armagh playing in a league Q/F double header in the mid 80s but not against each other.

I can remember Armagh getting well  beaten by Loais I think. I can still see joey cunningham scoring a fisted point that day which was disallowed. I think the score was 0-15 to 1-7 or 1-8.

Mayos game that day was against Monaghan (I think, could be wrong) and was a lot closer. I think it was 0-9 to 0-8. I cant remember who won to be honest only that it was a lot tighter than the first match.

Can anyone else remember these two league QFS?

30th March 1986 League Quarter-Final:

Mayo 0-15 Armagh 1-7

20th April 1986 League Semi-Final:

Monaghan 0-10 Mayo 1-6
Thanks muppet. I could of swore Loais beat us that day but hey there you go, It was Mayo. The alzheimers must be catching up with me. I thought it was a double header.

That Mayo defeat was a double header in Croke Park - in  the match before, Dublin and Meath played out a thriller. The ground then emptied. We scored a goal in the first minute or two - Joe Kernan scoring a great solo goal into the Canal End - and then Mayo took over for the remainder - terrible game, and we were well beaten.

anportmorforjfc

Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer

Poor stuff from Mid West this weekend, didn't do a commentary for the Under 21 game yesterday and missed the first two minutes and the Armagh goal today playing adverts instead.

anportmorforjfc

Armagh playing with a strong breeze in the 1st half!

Peter Solan the Great

Cosmo Kramer

Peter Solan the Great

Mayo a division 3 team at best and this shows.

Cosmo Kramer

I was just thinking no matter how bad the weather it is, it could never be an 8 point wind.

6 points gives us a bit of a chance though. good that we've found a goal poacher for the team.

Now, do we continue the no McGarrity experiment or do we just accept that we know now that without him we're fucked and throw him in there?

EDIT: Mayo selector says there will be 2 or 3 changes at half time. McGarrity and Richie Feeney on I'd say.