19. Conor Clarke Pearse Og
20. John Murtagh Crossmaglen
21. Gareth O'Neill Dromintee
22. Rory Grugan Ballymacnab
23. Declan McKenna Armagh Harps
24. Anto Duffy Pearse Og
25. Gavin McParland Ballymacnab

DuffleKing

Round about as good as we have at the minute. i'd like to see what o'neill could do around the middle for us (for mackin) - he had good potential a couple of years ago - and if Duffy is good to go i'd have him in instead of bjp to add a bit of spark.

Once again the bench doesn't inspire and only one (inexperienced) defender on it.

mackers

Yea, basically as good as we're going to get on the field before Paddy's Day. I think young Grugan could be an asset coming off the bench in the second half when the game may be more open. We needed a bit more height and presence in the HF line considering McGarrity is one of the top midfielders in the country.
I would like to see B Mallon stay close to goal similar to the role he played in Newry in the McKenna Cup, whatever else that will bring it should bring a bit more movement in the forward line which was missing in the last match.
We should get a fair percentage of the ball but we'd need to use it better than we did against Down.
BJP has made a quiet start to life in an Armagh jersey but I'd like to think he'll have something to prove on Sunday afternoon.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 11, 2011, 12:17:05 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 10, 2011, 11:25:27 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 10, 2011, 09:28:41 PM
Ya Johnnys (John McHales) is a great traditional Irish pub, nicest Guinness in the West across from the Welcome Inn.

Rockys will have alot of the local crowd.

Prendergasts & Mick Byrnes - football pubs.

McCarthys for the trad. music.

Bar One, Bosh & Buckos, for the modern bar and the young wans with short skirts.

Coadys will be overflowing, its where Enda takes his pint when he comes into town.

TF, will have a big FG & football crowd too.

Irishhouse, bit alternative kind of crowd.

Castlebar has a good 50 pubs still open I'd say, so ya won't go short.

The Shamrock out in Breaffy Village/Suburb is a nice spot for a quiet one if yet driving past, but unlikely as its south of the town.

You've been away a long time by the looks of things! There's barely 20 pubs in the town now, what with everyone emigrating  :P Bar One is dying on its feet so unless you want a (very) quiet pint, stay on Linenhall Street. For the man who is staying in Breaffy Woods, the Shamrock will be your local. And, just to be pedantic, Breaffy is to the east and not the south of Castlebar.

Prendergasts (known locally as Rays) and Byrnes for the football talk; Johnny's for a good atmosphere and nice stout. Then onto Bosh, Buckos and Cox's later. Rocky's a good spot any of the time and best spot for the live sport.

Well to be very Pedantic its South East. I highlighted the South as they coming from the North East direction. Ya maybe not 50, but there must be at least 35. I haven't been in Bar One in a long time, it used to be wall to wall in there. They get a rugby crowd in for the matches.

If coming from the match depending on which direction they come they will pass the Hogs Heaven or if coming the other way the pubs on Spencer Steet too.

To be very, very pedantic Breaffy is east, Belcarra is south east, Ballyheane is south. In terms of a clock, Breaffy would be, at most, 17 minutes past the hour (with 15 being east) but we are getting very fussy now!

Yeah Bar One used to be a great spot but it just lost the crowd for no reason in particular. On a quick count I make it only 25 pubs in town at the minute, that's including the Mitchels, Hogs Heaven, TF, Welcome Inn and not including pubs in villages outside. There's only one pub left on Spencer Street - Tolsters. Only four on Main Street. An awful lot of those still open are struggling to keep going too.

Regarding the game itself, I take it at this stage there won't be a team until Sunday because of the Under 21 game? That must mean that Robert Hennelly, Aidan O'Shea, Cathal Freeman, Cillian O'Connor etc are in the reckoning. I would hope that none of them start on Sunday.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Skiddybadoo

Anyone know whether Mid West Radio will be covering the game?

Cosmo Kramer

Without going any further off topic, Breaffy is east but most people think its south east because they assune the Dublin Road/N5 goes due east, which it doesn't at all.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=53.85602,-9.296322&spn=0.024148,0.084372&z=14

25 pubs is about right for Castlebar these days. Most of them are within a 5 minute walk of each other from Mick Byrnes down to Johnny's. Spencer Street and the Mall used to be a great spot before and after Mayo games during the summer, but not anymore since all the pubs closed down there.

The game will definitely be on Mid West, all Mayo league games are covered, this will be one of the few Mayo games not televised either live or delayed this year. Which is annoying when you're out of the country like I am at the moment.

I think this will be a tough game but I reckon we'll squeeze home for the two points which will hopefully take some of the pressure off the Dublin and Cork games.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

bennydorano

Anywhere online to listen to this? Wont be travelling.

Reading on the Armagh board that MF'er Toner is dodgy with 'flu/cold.  Would be a huge loss if it comes to pass, he'd be our man for McGarrity, his replacement Lavery is very hit and miss - hopefully has a good 'un if required. :-\

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Skiddybadoo on March 11, 2011, 04:53:07 PM
Anyone know whether Mid West Radio will be covering the game?

Mad Whesht will be indeed covering the game. I'm looking forward to this game to be honest. Hoping for a Mayo double over Ros in the u-21s and against Armagh in the league. However, my hopes are often dashed. I'm not sure what state the pitch will be in if this weather continues.

Any word on the Mayo team?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Skiddybadoo

Cheers lads for confirming the radio broadcast. Benny - Mid West is available online.

parkoncrokie

When will the Mayo team be announced.or is Horan waiting till after the u21s game.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: parkoncrokie on March 12, 2011, 12:27:31 AM
When will the Mayo team be announced.or is Horan waiting till after the u21s game.

At this stage, he must be waiting til after the Under21s.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

parkoncrokie

Ah  iM Goin ta pick the team myself as im tired and wanta go to da  cot
1  K O Malley
2  T CUNNIFF
3  G Cafferky
4  C Barrett
5  R Feeney
6   J Burke
7  P Gardiner
8 R McGarrety
9 J  Gibbons
10 A Campbell
11 A Dillon
12 K McLoughlan
13 A Freeman
14 A Moran
15 J Doherty

maguire 4 mayo

Mayo Team to play Armagh:

1) Kenneth O'Malley

2) Tom Cunniffe 3) Cathal Hallinan 4) Chris Barrett
5) Peadar Gardiner 6) Ger Cafferkey 7) Ruadhiri O'Connor

8) Tom Parsons 9) Jason Gibbons

10) Aidan Campbell 11) Alan Dillon 12) Kevin McLoughlin
13) Aidan Kilcoyne 14) Andy Moran 15) Jason Doherty

Lar Naparka

Quote from: maguire 4 mayo on March 12, 2011, 12:14:00 PM

Mayo Team to play Armagh:

1) Kenneth O'Malley

2) Tom Cunniffe 3) Cathal Hallinan 4) Chris Barrett
5) Peadar Gardiner 6) Ger Cafferkey 7) Ruadhiri O'Connor

8) Tom Parsons 9) Jason Gibbons

10) Aidan Campbell 11) Alan Dillon 12) Kevin McLoughlin
13) Aidan Kilcoyne 14) Andy Moran 15) Jason Doherty

Is this the actual team or just your own suggestion?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Cosmo Kramer

That's the official team Lar - here are the subs (taken from mayogaablog)

Robert Hennelly (Breaffy)
Richie Feeney (Castlebar Mitchels)
James Burke (Ballymun Kickhams, Dublin)
James Kilcullen (Ballaghaderreen)
Ronan McGarrity (Ballina Stephenites)
Enda Varley (Garrymore)
Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber)
Mark Ronaldson (Shrule-Glencorrib)
Neil Douglas (Castlebar Mitchels)
David Killeen (Ballinrobe).

Trying a bit of rotation then with Parsons and O'Connor getting a chance to impress. Unsurprisingly, no under-21s picked to start. Plenty of good bench options if they're needed.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100