Corcaigh v Muineachán - Páirc Uí Chaoimh - 27/02/11

Started by Maguire01, February 21, 2011, 07:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Ok, 24 hours is enough of a postmortem - onwards and upwards!

Can't see too many heading to this game. Cork support doesn't really turn out at the best of times, but this is clashing with the Rugby too! Páirc Uí Chaoimh is going to be one big empty space - crazy that it isn't in a smaller ground.

Anyway, to the game itself - a lot of positives from yesterday, despite the result. Hopefully Freeman can play a bigger part next week.

We've had a a few decent results against Cork in the last few years - a win and a loss in 2009 and a narrow loss in 2010. Two points here would be a massive win, 1 point would be extremely positive. If we don't get a win, we need to at least try and maintain the overall positive scoring difference.

Looking forward to the trip - our only real mileage this year.

marym

saturday night in Pairc UI rinn gets much bigger crowds . In Cork there are a load of club matches on next Sunday plus the rugby match .Cork are weeks behind in training . Loads missing in the defence. Kelly and Pearse O Neill are playing great stuff and If  Monaghan do not foul think ye have a great chance.

upmonaghansayswe

Pairc Uí Chaoimh!! Better take note!! I'd have assumed it was in Uí Rinn again..

Yeah, the ruggers is gonna kill what would have been a small crowd for it anyway.. Sure if I recall right, we had half the crowd 2 years ago down there. 

Jaysus I'm not too hopeful about it.. Unless Lennon is back in and moving, midfield will be dodgy again. While I think Galligan, Hughes (7), Turley and Downey are very composed and skillful on the ball, I don't think they will be as good break winners, unlike say, Freeman and Jinxy who would have been there in the past,  I'd be fearful that Cork could steam roll us around the middle.. Actually think Tommy's introduction did more harm than good.. (Not that I wouldn't have taken him on at the time).. The bit of argy seemed to rise the Armagh defenders, and being a bit rusty himself, left us worse off upfront.. Hopefully he`ll be flying on Sunday.

Still, as you say plenty of positives .It's good to be talking about new players for a change!

Roll on Friday!!

soldier of destiny

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on February 21, 2011, 10:05:59 PM
Pairc Uí Chaoimh!! Better take note!! I'd have assumed it was in Uí Rinn again..

Yeah, the ruggers is gonna kill what would have been a small crowd for it anyway.. Sure if I recall right, we had half the crowd 2 years ago down there

Jaysus I'm not too hopeful about it.. Unless Lennon is back in and moving, midfield will be dodgy again. While I think Galligan, Hughes (7), Turley and Downey are very composed and skillful on the ball, I don't think they will be as good break winners, unlike say, Freeman and Jinxy who would have been there in the past,  I'd be fearful that Cork could steam roll us around the middle.. Actually think Tommy's introduction did more harm than good.. (Not that I wouldn't have taken him on at the time).. The bit of argy seemed to rise the Armagh defenders, and being a bit rusty himself, left us worse off upfront.. Hopefully he`ll be flying on Sunday.

Still, as you say plenty of positives .It's good to be talking about new players for a change!

Roll on Friday!!

We had at least 2/3's of the crowd there that night and by the sounds of things we might just out number them again down there.  I hate to sound too pessimistic about it but I can't see us getting anything from this one.  Sure we'll go down for a look anyway! ;D

timmyot501

Not on TG4 this one.
Galway v Mayo and Crossmaglen Rangers v Kilmacud Crokes are this sundays viewings

marym

Would not be complaining too much about lack of crowd in the Pairc. There is talk about moving future matches to Clonakilty in the heart of West Cork. Would be an extra hour at least but state of the art place. Would be very hard on teams coming from the North. Eoin Cadogan will be back for sunday too.

Kerry Mike

QuoteWould be an extra hour at least but state of the art place. Would be very hard on teams coming from the North.

No worse than being dragged up to places like Scotstown !! I will be in Cork the weekend and might have a pop along to have a look at my second county and its not the langers either.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Chris agus Snoop

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 25, 2011, 11:34:12 AM
QuoteWould be an extra hour at least but state of the art place. Would be very hard on teams coming from the North.

No worse than being dragged up to places like Scotstown !! I will be in Cork the weekend and might have a pop along to have a look at my second county and its not the langers either.

Yer not fooling anyone, youre a closet corkman!

Chris agus Snoop

Dont know if this team will start, talk was that Walsh and Sheehan would be concentrating on U21.
Looking forward to an open game.

1. Ken O'Halloran
     Bishopstown
2. Ray Carey 3.Eoin Cadogan     4.Michael Shields
Clyda Rovers    Douglas         St. Finbarrs

5. Conor O'Driscoll 6. Paudie Kissane 7. Denis O'Sullivan
Ilen Rovers   Clyda Rovers Ballinascarthy

8. Alan O'Connor 9. Aidan Walsh
St. Colums Kanturk

10. Pearse O'Neill 11. Patrick Kelly 12. Fintan Goold
Aghada    Ballincollig Macroom

13. Daniel Goulding 14.Ciaran Sheehan   15. Donncha O'Connor
Eire Óg      Eire Og Ballydesmond

Kerry Mike

QuoteYer not fooling anyone, youre a closet corkman!

Not much room in that closet with Donal Og and his buddies  !!!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Maguire01

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 25, 2011, 12:58:08 PM
QuoteYer not fooling anyone, youre a closet corkman!

Not much room in that closet with Donal Og and his buddies  !!!
Donal came out of the closer - have you not heard?  :P

Maguire01

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 25, 2011, 11:34:12 AM

Hard to beat a league game in Scotstown, although we're making it as easy as possible for your guys this year.

Maguire01

Is this game still definitely 2.30? The Irish News had 2 different times in yesterday's paper.

Main Street

Kerry Mike's better half will have his Monaghan shirt nicely laid out now, ready for the game.

No Monaghan team announced yet? Probably the same team as last week.

Main Street

17mins gone
Cork 0-5    Mon 1-02

First goal for Monaghan in the league.