Corcaigh v Muineachán - Páirc Uí Chaoimh - 27/02/11

Started by Maguire01, February 21, 2011, 07:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldier of destiny

Quote from: marym on March 01, 2011, 12:45:02 PM
The big  problem with Sunday games in Cork is that it is a very big day on the local scene. All club games are going on as well. The under 21 Champsionship in football is going also as well as hundre of league games in both Hurling and Football at all levels. Last year the majority of games were played on Sat nite under lights in Pairc ui Rinn and they crowds were much bigger as there would not be as much going on.
Monaghan Co Board looked for a SUnday game as it cut down on the Costs. Down are coming on the Saturday night. T here has been a suggestion to move these games to Clonakilty in the heart of West Cork. Do not know how you feel about that?

How would a Sunday game have cut down on costs over a Saturday night game for Monaghan?

Kerry Mike

Quote'Dessie is a decent defender who plays the ball and any contact with an opponents body part, is purely incidental'?

Depends on the definition of "purely incidental" , I was chatting to Kieran Donaghy over Christmas and he smiled and added a "no comment" when the missus mentioned Dessie to him.  As I said I'm sure he is a grand fellow.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Main Street

No doubt that Donaghy could be physically and mentally tortured by a wee fella half his size.

But I'm sure Donaghy is a grand fellow ............ really!   
;D

Chris agus Snoop

Quote from: soldier of destiny on March 01, 2011, 04:09:33 PM

How would a Sunday game have cut down on costs over a Saturday night game for Monaghan?

Hotels i suppose.

soldier of destiny

Quote from: Chris agus Snoop on March 01, 2011, 06:13:27 PM
Quote from: soldier of destiny on March 01, 2011, 04:09:33 PM

Hotels i suppose.

Sure Monaghan would have to stay in a hotel anyway (and they did) if the game was on a Sunday.  They are hardly going to travel down over 200 miles on a Sunday morning to play a match at 2:30.   

marym

Suppose it was one night as against 2 nites. Know somebody on Cork panel last year and when they went up North they would take half day off work on Friday, then travel to Dublin and stay overnight and then up North on ths saturday  and play the game Saturday night, back to the hotel and then travel down on the Sunday. Cost a lot am sure.

Maguire01

Quote from: marym on March 02, 2011, 05:08:56 PM
Suppose it was one night as against 2 nites. Know somebody on Cork panel last year and when they went up North they would take half day off work on Friday, then travel to Dublin and stay overnight and then up North on ths saturday  and play the game Saturday night, back to the hotel and then travel down on the Sunday. Cost a lot am sure.
That's just extravagance.

marym

Ye and after all that they had a small crash on the way to Omagh and were late arriving. I know that when the Dubs came to Cork lasy year they arrived on Thursday for  Saturday match.