Kevin o Neil
Ciaran macdonald
Cilian o Connor
Conor Mortimer
Tom langan
Joe Corcoran

Hardy

Ah mannix.

Kevin O'Neill only looks good in Mayo terms.

Cillian O'Connor would need a few seasons in any other county before being proclaimed anything special.

Conor Mortimer?  Conor Mortimer?

I'll give you Tom Langan because I can't say one way or the other.

Joe Corcoran - OK, probably not on anyone's list of the top six forwards of the sixties, but, since we''re struggling we'll let him in.

So you're right. It's wrong to say Mayo have/had no decent forwards. They had three in sixty years.

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on November 03, 2011, 09:45:20 PM

Hasn't even transferred to Parnells yet but he's already shacked up in one of their apartments in Dublin.

They're decent folk out there in Artane.

passedit

Ah mannix.

Cillian O'Connor would need a few seasons in any other county before being proclaimed anything special.

Joe Corcoran - OK, probably not on anyone's list of the top six forwards of the sixties, but, since we''re struggling we'll let him in.

So you're right. It's wrong to say Mayo have/had no decent forwards. They had three in sixty years.

Mannix, Mannix Mannix  ??? ??? ???

2 foot tap in for the meadman. Even Big Joe couldn't screw it up from there.
Don't Panic

johnpower

Quote from: heffo on November 03, 2011, 09:48:29 PM

Hasn't even transferred to Parnells yet but he's already shacked up in one of their apartments in Dublin.

Interesting to know from Dublin club football who has been the most impressive import in the Dublin club scene in the past 25 years. Conor Deegan for me really helped the Kilmacud outfit of the late 90s

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: johnpower on November 03, 2011, 11:21:15 PM

Interesting to know from Dublin club football who has been the most impressive import in the Dublin club scene in the past 25 years. Conor Deegan for me really helped the Kilmacud outfit of the late 90s

McGeeney to Na Fianna?

johnpower

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 03, 2011, 11:36:28 PM

McGeeney to Na Fianna?

Yes I forgot how key he was

GalwayBayBoy

Ah mannix.

Ouch.

mannix

Thought that would get a few responses. :D. And I did mention David Nestor or John Casey because I wanted to keep it real.

heffo

It would probably be McGeeney (even if you don't like Na Fianna) for the amount that they won.

Conor Deegan was 28 when he joined Crokes and only really had five years as a starter on their senior team.

Declan

Quotewho has been the most impressive import in the Dublin club scene in the past 25 years.
Paul Curran from Dunshaughlin to Thomas Davis ;) ;)

Has to be McGeeney alright

Canalman

For me it was the tall  Kerry lad who played  midfield for Vins in the AIC winning campaign. Not with them for long but imo won them the title that year................ can't for the life of me remember his name.......O'Shea maybe.

Veering away slightly from topic I know but the best club player in Dublin imo for the last 20 years or so was Paul Curran, with maybe Jayo a distant second.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Canalman on November 04, 2011, 12:34:56 PM
For me it was the tall  Kerry lad who played  midfield for Vins in the AIC winning campaign. Not with them for long but imo won them the title that year................ can't for the life of me remember his name.......O'Shea maybe.

Veering away slightly from topic I know but the best club player in Dublin imo for the last 20 years or so was Paul Curran, with maybe Jayo a distant second.

Micheal O Se

Declan

Quotemaybe Jayo a distant second.

He was brilliant again last Saturday Canalman

muppet

MWWSI 2017