quarter final draw

Started by bcarrier, July 25, 2010, 06:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

from GAA.ie
QuoteDate TBC - 31st July-1st-2nd August 2010

The GAA have pencilled in a game for the Monday and they will hardly have either of the  games involving Ulster teams that day and it would make no sence to have Ros V Cork in a near empty Croker on the Monday so logic would have Kildare v Meath who have large local support close to Dublin playing on the Monday
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Dinny Breen

Would give Kildare an extra two days rest as they face into their 6th match in a row, the GAA will hardly be that sensible will they!!
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dubh driocht

Tyrone (For Thomas Buchanan)
Cork   (for Roy Keane)
Meath ( for my mate Jinxy)

And..........An Dun for God and Ulster

Zulu

QuoteCork damn lucky to get roscommon - rossies could sneak this too is cork dont wake up !

Are you serious LB? Cork will win this by at least 6 points. No offence meant to the Ros men and I hope I'm wrong but Ros are poor enough and Cork are significantly better. Cork -4 are certs. As for the rest, it's Kerry, Tyrone and Kildare for me.

Shrewdness

Quote from: Zulu on July 25, 2010, 07:56:11 PM
QuoteCork damn lucky to get roscommon - rossies could sneak this too is cork dont wake up !

Are you serious LB? Cork will win this by at least 6 points. No offence meant to the Ros men and I hope I'm wrong but Ros are poor enough and Cork are significantly better. Cork -4 are certs. As for the rest, it's Kerry, Tyrone and Kildare for me.

I think we'd accept that 6 points defeat. Fear it could be more.

Zulu

Yep. Ros are at best a division 3 side and that isn't meant to offend, whereas Cork are definitely a top 3 side so there is only one easy winner here for me.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on July 25, 2010, 08:12:15 PM
Yep. Ros are at best a division 3 side and that isn't meant to offend, whereas Cork are definitely a top 3 side so there is only one easy winner here for me.

Would have to agree with that.

Shrewdness

We're not offended by that Div 3 remark at all Zulu, especially as we'll be in Div 4 next year ;D ;D

Just hope we put up a respectable performance and maybe keep the losing margin down to single digits.
Putting that with the Connacht Title would signal progress.

INDIANA

True but Cork are going backwards in my view. Counihan has no concept of his best 6 forwards at present. And the defence is leaking. I honestly can't see Cork winning sam anymore. I put a decent punt on them and its slowly going down the pan. They will also have to beat tyrone to get top the final.

Rossfan

whereas Cork are definitely a top 3 side

They didnt look it v Limerick that's for sure.
I suppose we'd better turn up anyway  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

snoopdog

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 25, 2010, 06:50:13 PM
great draw for kildare- should beat meath !
down men always blowing about being better than kerry  - so heres the their chance
Tyrone will give a real test to the all new Dubs
Cork damn lucky to get roscommon - rossies could sneak this too is cork dont wake up !

Id love to know what Down man would ever be so stupid to claim that.
We have a proud record against them which will go next weekend.
Thats a bullsh1t statement.

Zulu

Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2010, 08:17:06 PM

True but Cork are going backwards in my view. Counihan has no concept of his best 6 forwards at present. And the defence is leaking. I honestly can't see Cork winning sam anymore. I put a decent punt on them and its slowly going down the pan. They will also have to beat tyrone to get top the final.

Ya I can't disagree with that. I still think they'll come good but I'm not confident anymore.

QuoteThey didnt look it v Limerick that's for sure.
I suppose we'd better turn up anyway

It's an opinion, not an insult, get over it.

Throw ball

With the falling attendances and the grief they took over the hurling on the last bank holiday is it possible they will play them over Saturday and Sunday. Saturday would be Meath and Kildare and Kerry and Down with Dublin and Tyrone paired with Cork and Roscommon on the Sunday. Over £50k at each may be better than the alternative. May also add in minor matches like Cork and Tyrone and Armagh and Kerry.

Feckitt

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Look, I'm not saying that the draw is a fix, but why do the GAA insist on doing the draw where the people picking out the teams can actually see which canisters they are picking out?