quarter final draw

Started by bcarrier, July 25, 2010, 06:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Hard to see past another kerry v tyrone final imo
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

omagh_gael

My guess would be:

Saturday

Cork v Armagh (minor)

Cork v Roscommon

Meath v Kildare

Sunday

Tyrone v Kerry (minor)

Kerry v Down

Tyrone v Dublin

Redhand Santa

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 25, 2010, 09:41:48 PM
My guess would be:

Saturday

Cork v Armagh (minor)

Cork v Roscommon

Meath v Kildare

Sunday

Tyrone v Kerry (minor)

Kerry v Down

Tyrone v Dublin

It would make sense to have 2 double headers on the Saturday/Sunday. Due to fall in Dubs support this year Tyrone Dublin won't fill Croke Park on its own. If those are the fixtures I think the days are more likely to be the other way round as the Dublin double header would attract a big crowd even on a Saturday. Wouldn't be suprised if Cork v Roscommon and Dublin v Tyrone were together.

ross4life

Don't forget theres a match on monday to, and expect kerry,cork games to be double headers
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Qwerty28

Be two double headers on Sat and Sunday, minors added at midday if it suits.

For example, Longford minors playin Galway in Roscommon and its not a bank holiday in North on Monday so games with Tyrone and Down have to be Sat or Sunday

omagh_gael

Quote from: ross4life on July 25, 2010, 10:13:06 PM
Don't forget theres a match on monday to, and expect kerry,cork games to be double headers

Rumours of two triple headers (Inc a minor game) on the Tyrone v Dublin thread. Possibly due to the disaster of the hurling game (can't remember which one) played on a bank holiday earlier in the summer.

Donnellys Hollow

If there is a Monday game the only possibility is Kildare/Meath surely?

Cork/Roscommon would hardly draw a big enough crowd for a stand alone fixture. The Rossies will travel in big numbers but there'd be no more than 1 or 2,000 Corkonians willing to make the trip up to Croke Park on a Monday for what they'll perceive to be a turkey shoot.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

INDIANA

Quote from: ross4life on July 25, 2010, 10:13:06 PM
there isnt as of now

Kerry Mike

A couple of views of the great field in Jones Road that I shot yesterday, for those who have not been there for while.

http://pix.ie/mipix/1816305/size/800

http://pix.ie/mipix/1815889/size/800
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ross4life

Sunday, sat double headers the sunday game boys said, so guess i'm wrong

Aaron Boone

Fixtures Committee will earn their corn sorting this lot out.

EC Unique

What time today are the fixtures to be released?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Zulu on July 25, 2010, 07:56:11 PM
QuoteCork damn lucky to get roscommon - rossies could sneak this too is cork dont wake up !
Are you serious LB? Cork will win this by at least 6 points. No offence meant to the Ros men and I hope I'm wrong but Ros are poor enough and Cork are significantly better. Cork -4 are certs. As for the rest, it's Kerry, Tyrone and Kildare for me.
like yourself I am a fan of the cork side - but they have been pants this season so far.
Rossies have a very good midfield and fantastic freetaker.
cork are dire at mf right now and not winning breaking ball either.
Giving away far too many frees in defence that unlike limerick this freetaker wil punish.
Cork are playing so badly within themselves, they need to snap out of it and step up.
They should win this game but rossies are so unfancied that they have nothing to fear. Cork find it hard to get motivated unless its kerry it seems!

snoopdog - thats what a few of my Down friends have been claiming over the years !

Dinny Breen

Hope Kildare and Roscommon are paired together as both sets of supporters will no doubt cheer each other on like it was their own county.
#newbridgeornowhere

cornafean

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 26, 2010, 11:00:41 AM
Hope Kildare and Roscommon are paired together as both sets of supporters will no doubt cheer each other on like it was their own county.

That would be a nice touch alright, and a small but worthwhile tribute to the late Dermot RIP.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.