The New Manager Thread

Started by The Konica, July 22, 2010, 03:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

There's no way I could see that happening!
What kind of a round trip would that be?
Is he still teaching?

Puckoon

Ah Jaysus Peter don't do it. Get your foot in the door to intercounty with a youth set up, or with a lower division intercounty side.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Puckoon on August 10, 2010, 04:15:40 PM
Ah Jaysus Peter don't do it. Get your foot in the door to intercounty with a youth set up, or with a lower division intercounty side.

Well,  we will know for sure if he is "God" or not after managing Mayo :)

the Deel Rover

any one know what Peters family connections to mayo are ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: JMohan on August 10, 2010, 02:58:25 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 04, 2010, 02:12:52 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on July 31, 2010, 11:05:34 AM
Where are you going with Aidan O'Rourke, Sean McCague and daragh o'se?
Laois sounded out Darragh O'Sé and he would have been up for it but the fella he wanted in beside him couldn't commit/wasn't interested so he politely refused...
Any word on who that was?
Hardly Paidi? Paidi is promoting him every weekend in the paper.

The article I read didn't mention any names, got the distinct impression it was a fitness/conditioning expert who wasn't available, so that would rule out Paidi...  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

cogito

Thats story on Canavan is pretty weak. No quote from anyone related to it at all. Just a journalist sharing an opinion really or passing on a rumour he heard down the Pub.

Can't see him taking that commute on either. Joe showed with Galway how big of a pain in the arse it is! Much more likely to go to Fermanagh or Cavan in my opinion.

Is he managine Errigal now by the way?

omagh_gael

Quote from: cogito on August 10, 2010, 04:46:52 PM
Thats story on Canavan is pretty weak. No quote from anyone related to it at all. Just a journalist sharing an opinion really or passing on a rumour he heard down the Pub.

Can't see him taking that commute on either. Joe showed with Galway how big of a pain in the arse it is! Much more likely to go to Fermanagh or Cavan in my opinion.

Is he managine Errigal now by the way?

Yup...they're top of the league and motoring well in the championship.

Personally would love to see Pete and Chris Lawn take the Tyrone U-21's.

boojangles

Quote from: Puckoon on August 10, 2010, 04:15:40 PM

Like Cavan

SLIGONIAN

Canavan will never get past Cliffoney to manage mayo, when the Sligo job becomes available he knows where its at and that is Sligo ;) :P

Peter Canavan for the Sligo Job :).
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 10, 2010, 05:37:54 PM
, when the Sligo job becomes available

Hmmmm ... about 3 weeks time when Kevin W. goes back to mother Galway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GrandMasterFlash

'Banty' expected to stay

11 August 2010

Seamus McEnaney looks set to continue as Monaghan football boss for a seventh season after receiving the backing of the players and the county board executive.

The county board's Management Committee met last night in Truagh to consider demands made by 'Banty', which will play a crucial role in determining whether he will remain at the helm. But it seems certain that the Management Committee will grant McEnaney's requests and that would lead to his appointment for another season being ratified at a full Monaghan county board meeting next Monday night.

It had been widely expected that McEnaney would step down in the wake of last month's All-Ireland qualifier defeat to Kildare, which came just six days after their hugely disappointing Ulster final defeat to Tyrone.

However, all the indications are that the Corduff man - who was recently linked with the vacancy in Laois - will be back patrolling the sideline for the Farneymen in 2011.

Expressing his desire for McEnaney to continue, Monaghan captain Vinny Corey said: "It shouldn't even be an issue if Seamus decides to stay. If he decides to go, he decides to go.

"The set-up there is as good as could be. He's still the best manager in the county to take us forward.

"I was playing for Monaghan six years ago and you were finding it tight to beat the Londons and Leitrims. It tells a lot that we are really disappointed at not winning the Ulster title. Five or six years ago, it wasn't even on the radar."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure about this I have to say. I recklon Banty should have gone last year and alllowed fresh ideas to take over. Big danger of the team becming stale.

Peter the great could maybe make the short trip across the Blackwater?

orangeman

Seamus McEneaney will remain as Monaghan senior football manager for the next three years.His re-appointment will ratified by the Monaghan County Board at their meeting next Monday night.

Monaghan's All-Ireland Championship came to a shuddering halt with Ulster final defeat to Tyonre quickly followed by a Championship exit to Kildare only six days later.

Some expected McEneaney to step down following the disappointment, but he will remain in charge after receiving the backing of the players and the county board executive.

Monaghan captain Vinny Corey said during the week: 'The set-up there is as good as could be. He's still the best manager in the county to take us forward.

'I was playing for Monaghan six years ago and you were finding it tight to beat the Londons and Leitrims. It tells a lot that we are really disappointed at not winning the Ulster title. Five or six years ago, it wasn't even on the radar

cogito

Jim McGuiness has held trials already for next year's panel up in Donegal. Fitness assesments have already started aswell.

I read Cavan don't plan to appoint a new manager until the end of October. That is a bit too slow in my opinion.

The Laois situation is pretty comical as well at this stage. You have Pat Roe begging for the job, yet the CB seem willing to try anyone but him  ;D

Also in yesterday's Herald, they had quotes from Canavan saying he was not interested in the Mayo job and had turned down an offer from Fermanagh.Then he said he was interested in managing a county other than Tyrone. Who is he waiting for then??

JMohan

Quote from: cogito on August 13, 2010, 12:38:05 PM
Jim McGuiness has held trials already for next year's panel up in Donegal. Fitness assesments have already started aswell.

I read Cavan don't plan to appoint a new manager until the end of October. That is a bit too slow in my opinion.

The Laois situation is pretty comical as well at this stage. You have Pat Roe begging for the job, yet the CB seem willing to try anyone but him  ;D

Also in yesterday's Herald, they had quotes from Canavan saying he was not interested in the Mayo job and had turned down an offer from Fermanagh.Then he said he was interested in managing a county other than Tyrone. Who is he waiting for then??

Cavan 'a bit slow'?? Understatement!!!

As for Laois if I was Pat Roe, if they offered it to him, I'd tell them to stuff it. Major embarrassment.

Canavan will only take on a team like a Monaghan or a Derry, just to warm up for Harte's shoes.

The GAA

The New Laois Manager is Justin McNulty