The New Manager Thread

Started by The Konica, July 22, 2010, 03:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Where are you going with Aidan O'Rourke, Sean McCague and daragh o'se?

DuffleKing

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 31, 2010, 11:05:34 AM

Laois sounded out Darragh O'Sé and he would have been up for it but the fella he wanted in beside him couldn't commit/wasn't interested so he politely refused...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

JMohan

Someone mentioned O'Rourke for the Cavan job on one of the other threads as it would be closer to home for him.
I guess he's thrown McCagues name in there since he is always mentioned in Monaghan for the county job everytime it's been up for grabs - I think he's won 2 Ulster titles with them - or was it only one?
And O'Se was asked about the Laois job a few weeks ago - funny how some people heard first though.

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 31, 2010, 11:42:25 AM
And McCloskey! come on now

It was reported on some site that a club member in Derry is supposed to have approached him.
I wonder if it was the former chairman McCloy who brought him in to Derry the last time.

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 04, 2010, 02:12:52 PM

Laois sounded out Darragh O'Sé and he would have been up for it but the fella he wanted in beside him couldn't commit/wasn't interested so he politely refused...

Any word on who that was?
Hardly Paidi? Paidi is promoting him every weekend in the paper.

JMohan

So what are we left with now?

Derry 
Laois 
Cavan
Fermanagh
Westmeath
Mayo 
Galway
Wicklow

I tell you if you had half a football brain and a lock of cones you'd get a job handy!!!!

Monaghan - will know tonight
Kerry? Would Jack ever consider moving on? Looking at the bench he might be thinking it a little bare.
Sligo?  ;)

JMohan

Just been thinking there ...

It would be nearly more interesting to list the managers and coaches looking for work now and those who might be soon!!
Of course many wouldn't want work this year ... but still hard to stay away - and others might need it!

Joe Kernan
John O'Mahony
Micko Dwyer
Dara O'Se
Paidi O'Se
Tommy Carr
Damien Barton
Damien Cassidy
Kevin Madden
Seamus McEnaney
Martin McElkennon
Paul Grimley
Malachy O'Rourke
John Maughan

Throw in others who would be new like ...
Tony Scullion
Henry Downey
John Brennan
Noel McGinn
Pete McGrath

And sure the list might never end!!!

mylestheslasher

Pillar Caffery is now being linked by the star as having been approached for the Cavan job, I believe his parents (or one of his parents) is from Mullahoran. Not sure what to make of that to be honest but I'd really like to see a Cavan man in there with him.

JMohan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 10, 2010, 03:13:57 PM
Pillar Caffery is now being linked by the star as having been approached for the Cavan job, I believe his parents (or one of his parents) is from Mullahoran. Not sure what to make of that to be honest but I'd really like to see a Cavan man in there with him.

Oh yeh ... forgot about him!

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 10, 2010, 03:13:57 PM

His father is from Mullahoran alright and think his mother is from Cornafean. Im open to correction (from Cornafean) on that one. Eamon Brady the Mullahoran goalie is a 1st cousin.
We could do alot worse IMO.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: JMohan on August 10, 2010, 03:10:09 PM

It would be nearly more interesting to list the managers and coaches looking for work now and those who might be soon!!
Of course many wouldn't want work this year ... but still hard to stay away - and others might need it!

Joe Kernan
John O'Mahony
Micko Dwyer
Dara O'Se
Paidi O'Se
Tommy Carr
Damien Barton
Damien Cassidy
Kevin Madden
Seamus McEnaney
Martin McElkennon
Paul Grimley
Malachy O'Rourke
John Maughan

Tony Scullion
Henry Downey
John Brennan
Noel McGinn
Pete McGrath

Pat Roe
Paul Bealin
Liam Hayes
Val Andrews
Paddy Carr
Paddy clarke
Frankie Delargy
Eugene Kelly
Brian McGilligan
John A Mullan
Niall Conway
Brian McIvor
Mickey Moran/John Morrison

JMohan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 10, 2010, 03:26:44 PM
Quote from: JMohan on August 10, 2010, 03:10:09 PM

Joe Kernan
John O'Mahony
Micko Dwyer
Dara O'Se
Paidi O'Se
Tommy Carr
Damien Barton
Damien Cassidy
Kevin Madden
Seamus McEnaney
Martin McElkennon
Paul Grimley
Malachy O'Rourke
John Maughan

Tony Scullion
Henry Downey
John Brennan
Noel McGinn
Pete McGrath

Pat Roe
Paul Bealin
Liam Hayes
Val Andrews
Paddy Carr
Paddy clarke
Frankie Delargy
Eugene Kelly
Brian McGilligan
John A Mullan
Niall Conway
Brian McIvor
Mickey Moran/John Morrison

There's been a divorce though
Mickey Moran is staying in Leitrim isn't he? - but John Morrison is going on his own?
Conway is staying in Antrim
McIvor is in Down

Liam Hayes is going to Kerry according to one rumour!

FL/MAYO

http://www.con-telegraph.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1039:peter-canavan-interested-in-vacant-mayo-gaa-post&catid=35:gaelic&Itemid=83

Peter Canavan 'interested' in vacant Mayo GAA post Monday, 09 August 2010 16:06 Written by Aiden Henry     

Speculation is growing that former Tyrone All-Ireland medal winner and All-Star, Peter Canavan, is interested in taking over the Mayo senior football team manager job.
Canavan, who is a frequent visitor to Mayo and has family connections in the county, is regarded as one of the greatest full forwards of all time.
The 39-year-old is among the most decorated players in the game's history, winning two All-Ireland senior football championship medals, six GAA All-Star awards, four provincial titles and two national leagues.
He also represented Ireland in the International Rules Series on several occasions.

His scoring record of 218 points is the second highest of all time in the Ulster championship and he has often been Tyrone's best performer — particularly in the 1995 All-Ireland final when he scored 11 of Tyrone's 12 points — which led to claims that Tyrone was a one-man show, and that the team was too dependent on him, particularly in his early career.
His appointment as Mayo manager would be seen as a great coup and many would see him as the perfect man to resurrect the fortunes of Mayo senior football.
But it is far from clear the Mayo County Board will go outside the county to select a new manager.
At the recent county board meeting to discuss the state of football in the county it was suggested the new man to replace John O'Mahony should come within the county.
However, if a man like Peter Canavan, who has coaching experience with his club Errigal Ciaran, is prepared to take on the job I am sure the county board would get the full backing from every green and red supporter throughout the county.
Another new name being linked with the vacant post is Burrishoole's Colm McManamon, a former Mayo star.

omagh_gael

Wee Pete for Mayo? Jeepers Creepers :o