Munster Senior Football final July 04 2010 - Kerry V Limerick.

Started by comethekingdom, June 27, 2010, 05:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

Munster SFC Final – Kerry v Limerick
Kerry will play Limerick in the Munster Senior Football Championship Final on Sunday July 4th at 2:00pm in Fitzgerald Stadium Killarney.

Fixture Details

SUNDAY JULY 4th 2010

At Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney
MUNSTER GAA FOOTBALL SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL
KERRY V LIMERICK at 2.00pm
Reiteoir – Pat Fox (Iar Mhí)

Ticket Vans

MUNSTER GAA TICKET VAN – MONDAY JUNE 28th to FRIDAY JULY 2nd.

MONDAY JUNE 28th.

10.30am to 11.30am Twohig's SuperValu, Askeaton

12 noon to 1.00pm Reidy's Centra, Foynes

2.30pm to 3.00pm Dooly's SuperValu, Newcastlewest

3.15pm to 3.45pm Garvey's SuperValu, Newcastlewest

4.30pm to 5.30pm Main St., Ballylanders

6.00pm to 7.00pm The Crossroads, Pallasgreen

Terrace Tickets and Family Terrace Tickets Munster Football Final in the above Stores

WEDNESDAY JUNE 30th.

10.30am to 11.30am Twohig's SuperValu, Abbeyfeale

12 noon to 1.00pm Garvey's SuperValu, Castleisland

2.30pm to 3.30pm Daly's SuperValu, Killarney

4.15pm to 5.00pm Centra, Rathmore

Terrace Tickets and Family Terrace Tickets Munster Football Final in the above Stores

FRIDAY JULY 2nd.

10.30am to 11.30am Garvey's SuperValu, Listowel

12noon to 1.00pm Garvey's SuperValu, Tralee

2.30pm to 3.00pm Twohig's SuperValu, Abbeyfeale

3.45pm to 4.30pm Garvey's SuperValu, Newcastlewest

4.45pm to 5.30pm Dooly's SuperValu, Newcastlewest

TV Coverage

This game will be shown live on TV3.

Frank Casey

In a bid to bridge the 114 year gap since Limericks last Munster Senior Football title Mickey Ned OSullivan and his selectors have kept faith with the same fifteen that started v. Waterford in the semi-final four weeks ago for Sundays encounter against All-Ireland Champions Kerry in the Munster Senior Football Final in Killarney (2pm)  Twelve of the side that started last years Munster Final v. Cork get the nod again this time while Brian Scanlon, James Ryan and Andrew Lane will start their first final.

LIMERICK SENIOR FOOTBALL TEAM V. KERRY 04/07/10 – Brian Scanlon, Mark O'Riordan, Johnny McCarthy, Andrew Lane, Stephen Lavin, Stephen Lucey, Pa Ranahan, James O'Donovan, John Galvin, Padraig Browne, James Ryan, Seanie Buckley (Capt), Ger Collins, Ian Ryan & Stephen Kelly.  Substitutes: Conor Ranahan, Shane Gallagher, Eoin Joy, Conor Fitzgerald, Eoghan O'Connor, John Mullane, Cormac Joyce-Power, Diarmiud Carroll, Raymond Hayes, Garrett Noonan, Seamus O'Carroll, Conor Mullane, John Cooke, Barry Fitzpatrick & Eoin Fitzigibbon.
KERRY 3:7

johnpower

I think this might be a bit tougher for Kerry than some people think ? No great build up I expect Mickey Ned to have Limerick well prepared for this one

Frank Casey

Kerry expecting nothing less than a full blooded challenge from Limerick but will prevail by 4 or 5 me thinks.
KERRY 3:7

ross4life

Didn't Limerick get a couple of draw's with kerry before?

not so long ago Limerick turned the form books on its head when they beat Meath Scoring 4-12 (3-7 by Ryan)

Kerry have came through two strong battles with Cork & i expect Limerick to fight like tigers but kerry will win by 5/6 points with a couple of goals late on
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Zulu

This will be a good game I reckon, Limerick should win the midfield battle easily enough and they Kerry forwards will find the Limerick backs tough to break down, however, have the forward power? They are better than many would give them credit for, Ian Ryan is better than most in the country and Ger Collins is another good operator. In addition, they now have a bench that could make a difference. The Limerick lads never had any hang ups about Cork, if playing Kerry in Killarney doesn't affect them then I'd expect them to run Kerry close and a win wouldn't surprise me. If I had a free €100 bet I'd say Kerry by two but I'll be rooting on Limerick, especially after the heartbreak of the past two years.

Kerry Mike

No real surprises in the Kerry team, Darren in for Galvin and Anthony Maher who impressed against Cork starts in Midfield, he has more mobility than Quirke, Aidan O'Mahoney added to the bench instead of Galvin. Strong line up but the usual concerns about out full back line and Ian Ryan is a potent attacker to be watch closely hopefully by Marc O'Se

Will be a tough game hopefully we can get our place in the quarter finals, but it would not be a major surprise if Limerick can pull it off, they have to win it one of these years and against an aging Kerry team this could be their year

The Kerry Senior Football team to play in The Munster Final on Sunday is as follows:
1. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin
2. Marc Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht
3. Tommy Griffin Dingle
4. Tom O' Sullivan Rathmore
5. Tomás Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht
6. Mike McCarthy Kilcummin
7. Killian Young Renard
8. Seamus Scanlon Currow
9 Anthony Maher Duagh
10. Darran O' Sullivan Glenbeigh /Glencar
11. Declan O' Sullivan Piarsaigh Na Dromada
12. Donnacha Walsh Cromane
13. Colm Cooper Dr Crokes
14. Kieran Donaghy Austin Stacks
15. Bryan Sheehan (CAPTAIN) St. Mary's

The substitutes are:
16 David Hennessey Kerins O'Rahillys
17. Padraig Reidy Scartaglin
18. Barry John Keane Kerins O'Rahilly's
19. David Moran Kerins O'Rahillys
20. Micheal Quirke, Kerins O'rahilly's
21. Daniel Bohan Austin Stacks
22. Kieran O'Leary Dr. Crokes
23 Adrian O'Connell St Michael's Foilmore
24. Niall O'Mahony Spa
25. Pat Corridan Finuge
26. Jonathan Lyne Legion
27. Johnny Buckley Dr Crokes
28. Paudge O'Connor Legion
29. James O'Donoghue Legion
30. Aidan O'Mahony Rathmore.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

comethekingdom

Only 7 posts altogether so far a couple of days before a Munster final !!! This is very low key stuff indeed. However if we slip up which most certainly cannot be ruled out, can you imagine what would be said about the demise of this great Kerry team if we were bate!
Fingers crossed that we can pull it off but after that it will be a long wait til the quarter finals!

Aaron Boone

Kerry Mike

we have home and away rules setup with most counties and just happens its a home game for us this year.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

comethekingdom

Onlooker

It is a huge task for Limerick on Sunday, but it would be brilliant if they were to win it.  What a boost it would be for football in Limerick and the other "weaker" counties in Munster.

Kerry Mike

QuoteWhat a boost it would be for football in Limerick and the other "weaker" counties in Munster.

Tipperary, Waterford, Clare and dont forget Cork known to us as a weaker county, yerra they've won f**k all in the last 20 years and only 6 in over 125 years. Tipp are pushing them close on the Roll of Honour  ;)
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 02, 2010, 10:59:40 PM
QuoteWhat a boost it would be for football in Limerick and the other "weaker" counties in Munster.

Tipperary, Waterford, Clare and dont forget Cork known to us as a weaker county, yerra they've won f**k all in the last 20 years and only 6 in over 125 years. Tipp are pushing them close on the Roll of Honour  ;)

I'm sure Tipp and Cork are equally as impressed with Kerry's hurling roll of honour  ;)   

Kerry Mike

We have just the one hurling title and mighty proud we are of it too as it pushes us ahead of the langers in the combined totals and hopefully tomororw will have another All Ireland hurling title to add to the count.....
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football